Guest viewing is limited

THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Good report @sequin98 !
So the tying the shoes? You bend down between your knees? Or put knees together?
I'm all goofed up about that. Can't imagine getting down to reach either way at this point.
 
He told me between your knees, with knees pointed in. He reminded me that my knee pointed out, was how he dislocated my hip. (shudder)
Anyone want to chime in here?
 
One important point to remember is that when trying to reach your toes it is always safer to put your arms down between your knees rather than around the outside of your leg and this rotated the hip into a safer position.
 
Pretty much, after a while. At least for me.
How are you feeling today Sequin.
Post op blues or energy drain?
Seem subdued...IT will keep getting easier.
Yay for baby steps.
 
a bit of both.
I know getting my hip to full stregth will take time. I start physio next week. It will all come back-I remind myself about muscle memory, and feel better. Patience.....
 
Hi @sequin98
Gradually a lot of those worrisome thoughts leave your mind. At least I'm finding it to be the case.
Both of my parents had both their hips replaced. I asked them both before my surgery if I'll ever get to the point of forgetting I have the prosthetic...for a day! They both laughed and responded YES! I asked them at the point of 7 yrs post op. Not saying it takes that long :heehee: My mom recently had her second done at 80 and she's right back into the grind, not skipping a beat.

Patience will get you there, dear Sequin. You are very early into recovery considering the estimated life span of your prosthetic. Chin up ....you're doing great. Go seize the day. Hope it's a good one!
 
You will soon forget you even had THR. It just takes time and tons of patience. You are not even one month out so please be good to yourself. Don't worry if you still can't do some activities. What seems impossible one day will be easy on another day.
 
Yahoo! :happydance: Good for you!
Those small victories all add up.
Hope you have a good week!
@sequin98
 
I plan to still use my reachers for some dressing assistance. I have a tendency to jump ahead, and I do not want to go that far. Although, today is week #6.
When I was going through all those awful spasms, week 6 seemed out of reach.
 
It's hard not to project early on. At least I found that to be the case.
I was always thinking things like I wonder how long I'll be using this walker, then how long I'll use the cane.
How will I be doing at one month, two months, lol! You can drive yourself nuts.
Look how far you've come....you're doing great.
Hope your week is good!
@sequin98
 
I am planning on getting a pedicure in a couple of weeks.
Are those massage chairs OK to use? Or should I just sit in it, with no massage? I ask, as sometimes those chairs can be powerful!
 
As long as it feels good, enjoy the massage! The ones where I go can also be adjusted to reduce the intensity.
 
Thank you!
One chair is really intense, I may opt for the other one!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom