THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

I’d wait awhile. At least until the scar is 100% healed. I didn’t cover the scar in case anything is needed in the future it would ruin it.

Also ask your surgeon if you need antibiotics before getting any ink. Postop my first hip I had to take them. Haven’t seen my artist postop new hip so don’t know if it’s needed anymore.
 
:loll:How uncool am I?
And I have one:)

No Sequin...leave that be for a while.
I thought about turning my front 'pockets' into zippers via Ink, but nope.
Not introducing any kind of infection even from place I would trust...no way!
 
@sequin98 Check out the post from break2 in the "hippy scars" thread - it's on the last page, posted in early May.
 
I have a question with returning to work.....
When I do go back (July) I am able to use a modified 'return to work' schedule My usual work week is a 4 on, 2 off, 9 hour days. I am a youth and family counsellor. I know that jumping back into those hours would be difficult. Any suggestions of a good way to ease back in?
 
Last edited:
I was super lucky that I live 7 minutes from my workplace.
I split my day in half with a two hour break for noshing, icing, napping.
That's probably not feasible for you but I did have to get up and gently move about as too long sitting was as bad as staying up on legs too long.
Don't think most of the clients noticed the ice in my lap many days.
 
I went back half time the first couple of weeks and found that very helpful.
 
Should the fact that my toes have turned purple be a concern??
No pain, just purple. Full movement.
But why?:unsure::what::scratch::shrug:
 
Google says there is something called "purple toe syndrome" related to circulation?
 
Hmm, that's definitely questionable.
Wondering how long it's been going on @sequin98
Is it constant? Have you considered calling your doctor?
Hope it resolves....or you get answers.
 
My left (non op) side has yet to accept my new bionic hip. It just feels 'off' when walking.
Does anyone understand what I am talking about?
I hope.....:thud:
 
@sequin98 Are you wearing shoes that you wore pre-op? If so - ditch them and buy new. Wearing old shoes with your pre-op wearing pattern can cause all sorts of havoc with your gait.
 
I agree with shoe recommendation @sequin98. It can make a big difference. I also know the “feeling off.” At four months some days it seems like the two hips are still learning to work with each other-and both of mine have been replaced. Takes time for muscles to smooth out it seems.
 
Back
Top Bottom