THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

I have been getting this brutal hip flexor pain in my non-op hip. The last xray showed good joint space, cartilage. My OS reckons I can get years out of it as the dysplasia is not as bad as the right side. I went for a walk today, and I had to stop every few minutes. Brutal. I only know of one stretch, and I am hoping if is just tight!
 
I hope so too.
Hope you have a Good Day.:SUNsmile:
 
:dancy::dancy:Happy two month hipversary!

How's it going @sequin98 ?

Wondering if you found any relief from stretches for other hip?

Wishing you a peaceful day!:yes:
 
Thank you! I am using heat on it, and just did the most intense quad stretch on my left (non op) leg. I have physio today, so I will ask for more stretched. Since it is the non-op leg, I should be more free...
 
I was wondering....could I cross my left (non-op) ankle or leg over my right? kooky question, I know. Part of me is happy to be out of that habit, but...
 
Hi @sequin98 - just stopping by your thread to say hello :wave:

My left hip (non-op, dysplasia also) has been acting up, too! Hmm... maybe at two months post-THR, the no-op side just decides it is time for a protest after having to do more than its share? :heehee: @BeBe knows all about this - she already has her left THR scheduled!

Well, whatever it is @sequin98, I hope your pains are just temporary! Let us know if you’re able to find helpful stretches :)
 
Risk chart I saw Jo leave on another thread puts risk low and getting lower after 6 weeks, but she reminds there is no such thing as no risk.
I didn't think about it honestly, I was just awfully protective of my movements while I was still early in recovery like you are.
Try not to worry too much sequin.
This recovery stuff can be a mental game too you know. Making us anxious...just uncertainty about how we are doing, etc.
Hoping today is a Good Day.
 
I do agree with Mojo @sequin and realize it is difficult to avoid feeling anxious
when we contemplate possible complications. I've done it myself...many times.
I equate it to weighing out the pros and cons of surgery, pre-op. Reading of any possible complications, while they are rare, could have me deciding against the surgery I knew I so desperately needed.

I didn't like reading Jo's realistic comment about dislocation yesterday, myself, but sometimes we simply need to take chances in life in an effort of a more promising future. That's what we've all done. None of us are promised tomorrow so we need to do our best with each day we're given. We may have to be a little more cautious than most but the benefits of this surgery far outweigh any risks. I'm sure you agree.
Best wishes for a peaceful week!
 
I see that the chart has 23 weeks as the 'low risk' point. While I want to do the things I once did, I will keep my focus on recovery, and getting my endurance back up.
 
Honestly, getting in/out of my kayak. As I have a sit in, even my OS was wary of it. I plan on practicing with it in the yard (on the grass) first. :kayak:
 
Hey @sequin98 .
Yeah, I might would give it a bit more time...I forgot you're a kayaker.
I know you are ready to do it but speaking of canoeing which isn't quite as scrunchy but more tippy:heehee:, it's not the most comfortable position to put your hips in this early out for extended time.

You WILL get there...it might be a few more months but well worth a lifetime of kayaking with no hip pain.
Just my thoughts, but I know you'll know when and for how long.
Keep the faith.:loveshwr:
 
23 weeks brings us to August.(oh yes, I counted!) And I can carry my kayak again, rather than dragging it. Rushing it is not worth a dislocation, or discomfort! :mooncat:
 
At 9 weeks, I still get too tired to continue walking a block. My PT told me to add 10 min of a stationary bike,plus my PT exercises to get my endurance back, but I think this may be too much, as energy is still not there. Getting frustrated! :shrug:
 
:console2:That dreaded energy drain.
I don't think adding exercise is going to make you less tired.
Sorry it is taking longer than you had hoped to spring back...but I think you should continue to walk and follow up with lots of rest.
It took many months (like over 4) before my energy levels got up to par.
Hang in there Sequin!:) :-) (:
 
Aw, @sequin98, I feel your frustration. I get winded so much more easily than I used to, also. Do you find that your energy levels vary at different times of day? At times, I don’t think I could walk around the block, but there are other times that I feel stronger and can do more. Listen to your body - take it easy when you feel tired and be on the lookout for times when your energy level rises. That might be a good time for walking!
 
I just have to be patient. I can walk, (sans pain) and there is no test on distance. I will walk farther when I feel like it.
And yes, my energy shifts during the day...:yawn:
 
So do I have to wait, and if so, how long before I cover this 8 inch gash with ink?
 
Back
Top Bottom