Guest viewing is limited

THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Really not sure about that sensation in foot:scratch:
When is your next follow up appointment? I would call OS, maybe some odd nerve pain?
 
I talked to his nurse today. She said it sounds like post-surgical neuropathy. .and it will pass. I see him next week, and off to get another xray today...
 
I had a neuropathy-like thing happen in my foot from PT exercises for hip that aggravated my spine. Big toe inside foot burny numb?
This was four years ago prior to surgery. They sent me off to the spine doc.
Is your burning on the surgical foot only or both?
 
Only one month out, so don't get discouraged. Hope you aren't doing anything during PT that might be aggravating something?
Glad you are getting Xray. It always made me feel reassured for them to look at things!
Hope that nerve pain eases soon...possibly they can prescribe some nerve medication to help with that?
Hang in there @sequin98 !
 
I can get through this. I went through 3 years of bone on bone OA...I can do anything!
I love that sequin...I wish I would've said it early on in my recovery...at least to myself.
SO SO TRUE!
It will get better and we are rooting you on all the way.:yay::friends::yay:
 
Love your attitude @sequin98! I would back off a bit on the PT. Luckily you have an appt with the OS next week and they can take a look at things. Hopefully the sensation will pass before that. You are right about how painful that bone-on-bone is. Near the end I could barely even get up from a sitting position (sometimes my hip would lock for 10-15 min before I could get it to start moving). Any pain I have now is nothing in comparison. How are the quads feeling these days?
 
Much better! I actually sleep through the night. What kills me ir the OS who told me 3 years ago that I had end stage OS, but didn't need surgery. Like where do you go from end stage???
 
I got the same diagnosis ...End Stage Degenerative Osteoarthritis.
Where you go...is hip collapse/dislocation!
I hope you are already feeling that the bone on bone crunch is gone..hard to remember when it feels like your quads were used for punching bags.:unsure:
Hope your weekend is relaxing and healing...:SUNsmile:
 
My incision looks like it is almost healed,but it feels sooo dry! At what point can I put some vitamin E oil on it?
 
You are probably fine to use some oil on your scar now. Go easy and don't massage to the point of causing discomfort. Jo wrote Massage post THR on this in our Library.
 
Hope you are doing well sequin.
I wonder how you're new hip is feeling AND hope you know the paid for all this annoying recovery stuff can be huge.
Wishing you a peaceful week.:wave:
 
I know that energy is in short supply- I wanted to walk the whole block, but after half I needed a nap. Also I was topped by several people who wanted to chat. That takes energy too. I see my OS tomorrow, and I have oh soo many things to ask him.
 
Good luck with your appt with the OS tomorrow.
I hope all goes well and you get answers to your questions.
Give us an update afterward if you don't mind sharing.
A great night to you! @sequin98
 
Hope you get reassurance at OS.
Healing hugs, Sequin!:loveshwr:
 
well, he said the clicking is nothing to worry about, and that the dysplasia in the left was not as bad as the right side,(hence the 10 year estimate) and I can stop using my riser (yay!!!) relax on my precautions, but take it easy, go slow. I an start tying my own shoes again, just go in the knees. (knees in, not out)
And I get 7 free physio sessions, which I plan to use.
I took a pic of my xray. I am bionic!! I feel better with one crutch vs a cane, so I will stick with it for a bit.
:loveshwr:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom