THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Happy Monday!
Try the new shoe idea if you haven't already.
Wondering when your next OS visit is?
I'd mention it then if it's still bothering you.
I hope you have a nice week @sequin98
 
I think the next visit is next year! No joke! I am hoping the left accepts the new hip!:skep:
 
That also makes sense...orthodics might not even be needed now?
You've been so kind to share with others early on in recovery...hope all smooths out for you soon!
Hope your day is sweet!
 
OMG, I was thinking that too. The only reason I needed them was because of my hip and now..yay!

That act of tossing the orthotics will save some shoes...lol
 
Is it normal for my incision to be painful and bruise at this stage in my recovery?? :what:
 
Mine is still a bit tender to the touch (although fully healed on the surface) and the lower part, extending about 3" below it as well, is still very numb. I also get the occasional sting, just like an insect sting :sigh:
 
Hi @sequin98
I think the incision produces a lot of strange symptoms for quite some time. Itching, prickly sensations, pain, numbness, tenderness etc. Did the bruising just occur now?
 
Last edited:
I am lacking confidence in my walking...going from OA to the surgery was a big thing, obviously. Any tips?
 
Hi @sequin98
Hope you're having a good day.
Just wondering in which way you're lacking confidence in walking?
 
Is it causing you pain, or are you just finding the incline a challenge to your energy level?
@sequin98
 
Aww, you'll be okay. I know that fear too. Especially in the Winter on the ice and snow.
I hope all else is well and you enjoy the rest of the weekend!
@sequin98
 
I was anxious about falling too..but with time and getting your strength back...your courage will also return.
It was so hot when I was recovering , that my medication could cause some unexpected bouts of dizziness...so I was super careful. The two wheeled Walker had to be my friend at first as it gave me the most stability.
 
Thanks Layla and Mojo333 I carry one of my canes (just in cane) with a metal skull for protection. I seldom need it but like having it in case I need some balance help (of protection..lol):heehee:
 
Do I still need to use the wedge /pillow between my legs when sleeping on my back?
 
Back
Top Bottom