TKR The Knees and Me - staged

I bet there are a lot of false UTI's. I ended up with one in the hospital, literally a couple days after surgery. I guess I got it there? :skep: Or maybe that was just their excuse for performing daily bladder-emptying ultrasounds for which they could charge. I'll never know. UTIs are easy to get... but hard to know where that little bacterium came from.
 
Ultra-sounds to see if you peed? They never did that to me thank goodness. But I never had trouble peeing either.

And I'm taking the anti-biotic. No need to fuss over something that will do me no harm.
 
They asked me if I wanted one done given the fact that I wasn't peeing much initially. I politely declined and asked if they could just give me a chance to drink more. Because of my surgery being late in the day, it was a good long time since I drank anything!
 
@Fire wolf, you'd think they'd take that into consideration. Hard to pee when you're dehydrated!

When I wake up from surgery, I drink water like it's going out of style :yes:
 
When I have a UTI, I know I have a UTI. It's very uncomfortable and you feel like you have to pee all the time and it burns when you do. I don't understand how you can have one and not know it.
 
@sistersinhim, seriously! I had so many of those :censored: things in my life, I know when I have one! I tried arguing the first time, but no go. The lab said UTI and that was that. If I want this surgery I have to go along.
 
Just wanted to clarify--I don't think the ultrasounds in my case were frivolous but were to see if I was emptying my bladder, which I wasn't and they were concerned about infection brewing if I had a significant amount of pee lingering--not sure why my bladder got sluggish in those first hours but it happened with each of my surgeries--just took a while to wake up in spite of IV fluids etc.
 
@gertie I don't think it is frivolous, and I probably would have let them do one if I was still having issues the next day. They did tell me that their concern was that I wasn't emptying my bladder completely and didn't want things festering, just as you indicated.
 
@rubyyarn, for all you know they might've mixed up your results with someone else's....it happens! Oh well, best to be safe.

Jelly-belly at 3 A.M.? Good grief. That makes me even happier I only spent one night in the hospital, lol.
 
Good luck on Tuesday. We will be waiting to hear from you on the other side! And your UTI ( if you have one) should be cleared by then with the antibiotics.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom