TKR The Knees and Me - staged

Wishing you all the best tomorrow! See you on the other side!
 
14 weeks out on knee #1. We went out today for a haircut and some grocery shopping. I notice I'm walking almost as fast as I used to before the arthritis set in :egypdance: I used the ice bag just in case, but I really think this knee is more healed than not.

Knee #2 happens tomorrow. I've charged up my 'toys' (phone, tablet, etc.) and packed them in a duffle bag along with a charging cord and a bathrobe. Those backless hospital robes are awkward when strolling down the hall with the walker. We have to be at the hospital at 4:45AM for surgery at 7:30.

Thank you, everyone, for all the good wishes and encouragement. You all have made this whole knee surgery journey not only bearable, but even pleasant.

Kneerah! :loveshwr:
 
Oh, yes, hospital gowns and walkers do not mix. It sounds like knee #1 is ready to take on the "strong knee" role. I'll be thinking of you.
 
Thinking of you and saying a prayer for you tomorrow. I hope you are fast asleep and resting well. My doc wouldn't do bilaterals either so we staged them 10 weeks apart. It's a tough recovery because of the length of it, but you're halfway there! You will be amazed by how strong your right one will be, she's ready to take over. See you on the other side.:friends:
 
Best wishes for tomorrow Ruby! Will be sending good juju your way!
 
Well, I'm back, sorta... This knee really hurts! Plus the vomiting is just as bad as before. It's the morphene. Gotta go, I'm falling asleep...
 
So glad it's all behind you now. Hope you get some good sleep and maybe some zofran for the nausea.
 
ohhhh i feel so sorry for you right now. better days are coming. feel better.:console2:
 
@rubyyarn, glad to see you on this side of the knee! I hope you can get a different pain medication or something for nausea that works. Hang in there!:flwrysmile:
 
Right now I'm on a mix of Percocet and some stuff called Torodol. Haven't had to pump any morphene for about 3 hours...so I'm feeling much better. I've gotten some sleep and was able to keep down a meal of fruit and cottage cheese.

It hurts to flex the quad muscles,but both pain and nausea are under control :yes!:
 
I'm so glad that you got a little sleep and that you are doing well managing the pain & nsusea. Day 1 down - you got this!!:SUNsmile:
 
Thanks, Kathleen! I just got the good news that I'll be going home tomorrow. It will be nice to get back to peace & quiet :yes:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom