Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Hiya Tash, well done on doing the hip exercise, isn't it great when you can achieve something new and it feels good. Are you still on reduced medication? I suppose you can just up it if you feel the need but when you are feeling okay and not needing as much then you can have a good drive in your car. You must love it when you can just hop in the car and go wherever you want. Hopefully those days will become more frequent as time passes. It would be so good for you to get a little dog, would your care giver be able to take it for a walk if you don't feel up to it?

Hoping you are feeling less tired today.

Take care

Ann
Xxx
 
Anniepops, Feeling much better. Lately we have been having very cold weather and boy do the joints don't like it. so I had to increase a little not much and still have time that I don't have the drugs in the system so I can drive. I will be so glad when I can just jump in and take off. The end of this month is when I start looking. It will be so good to have a wet nose one around the place. Take care LOL Tashia
 
Haha, yes Tash, those wet noses are a joy to behold, I am fortunate that I have two to enjoy, I would like to have three but Hubby has put his foot down and said a firm no to any more dogs......i had a bit of a huff at that decision.lol.
 
Wow Tashia I just read through your thread. You have been through such a lot. For me, the best thing about finding this site is that its taught me humility. When I start to wallow in self pity, I remind myself that so many people here have suffered way, way worse. Hang in there, you and the other brave folk I'm following are incredibly inspirational. BUT I have to say....what's with all the mad dog stuff? You guys got a problem with cats? Ozzie, to the left now cured, is just like a dog except he doesn't bark and I can't walk him. Cat care is way easier after THR...... although I suppose having to walk a dog makes you go out in all weathers.
 
Vida I have had dogs all my life. I have to be honest I have been thinking of a cat. I don't know if the cat hair would bother me or not. When I go visit my daughter I do get stuffed up but the next time I go I will have to see if something else is brothering me. I don't want to get a cat and find that I am can't have one. I like to cuddle with an animal and I think dogs like to do that. We will have to see. Why is your cat wearing that wonderful Hat? I laugh every time I see it. You can tell Ozzie is not happy. I just notice you live in Vancouver. Is that Canada or US if you want to reveal. How are you doing? I see that you had six weeks with 50 percent weight bearing. Is that over? Please take care. Tashia
 
Ha, Ozzie was recovering from an abscess and had to wear the collar. He was not happy. I guess I feel the same way he did... now he is running around and it makes me think how well I'll do, eventually. Silly I know. I am in Vancouver Canada and today its -4 and glorious sunshine instead of our normal rain at this time of year. We all complain about the weeks of rain and then the sun comes out for 10 minutes and we remember why we love living here! I'm about 9 weeks on Tuesday and its a slow business, check out my thread I am sick of moaning. I am headed in the right direction, that's the main thing. Abduction is a killer for me, I am afraid I'll never get it. But I can ride my new stationary bike so life is OK! Take care... x
 
Vida, You will get there. I know it take forever. What I did that helped me was I got a notebook and wrote down every thing I did that I wasn't able to do the day before or the week before. It really does help to show you are getting better. Vancouver is wonderful. Have been there. Loved ever minute of it. Went there for a concert. It was in the summer and you were having a international Fire works Contest. Love it. Take care. Tashia
 
Tonight its very cold and I am sore. Even my hip hurts. I feel really stiff. We have a hard freeze warning. This week is going to be cold. My joints are not happy about this. They all are complaining. They want warm weather. I have to say I am glad I don't have to walk a dog in this weather. Nor have to worry about plants. Will have to look out for Black Ice tomarrow. So glad I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach . Will make a appointment with my doctor to talk to him about the news about Urine Infections so he knows. I'm so glad I had all the joints done. Its so nice to not have that type of pain. I hope everyone who does have the pain gets a chance to get out of the pain by having a joint replacement. Everyone do take care and stay safe. Tashia
 
Tonight my hip is finally saying this is more like it. Had a very busy day too some stuff to storage, then shopping. All is well. Tomarrow is going to be a low day. I no dought have a lazy day because I did so much today. A very , very good day. Watching a tv show on the Barrier Reef. Really good to be able to watch something while not hurting. Now to have a good night sleep so I can have a another good day.
 
Good idea Tash, having a restful day tomorrow. No need to push yourself too hard :) Hope you have a lovely snuggly warm day indoors.

Take care

Ann,x.
 
Well I went to the doctor and I don't know what to say. He listen and called for lots of tests. I talke to him about the unine test and he said he would like one done and we would start watching and if I do have one he will keep a lab test order on file so I can have a test at any time. That is great. My stomach was so so. He called on more blood tests. My stomach has been hurting for over a year. We talked about pain pills. I left feeling like He would be happer is I could do it by computer. We will see what the test results are. And see what tests is called for. I still have to say I don't feel I have a doctor. I'm use to a difference bed side maner. Will see. Take care Tashia
 
Bumped my hip tonight. Now iceing. Not bad just tender. Tashia
 
Today I am tired. I need to get those blood test done to find out why I am so tired. I hope my cancer medicane is working because doing loss of crying. i think I am getting ride of stuff that needs to be felt and then feel. then toss.

I really have a problem seeing people suffereing even through I know its life. When you are in so much pain it takes over all the body and all you can do is survive. Last night my friend was at sewing. the one that was going to die but God finally made her realize it wasn't time. She looked so good, in fact she is driving now and looks so good. She still needs a hip replacement. In fact we talked about it last night. She isn't in a hurry to have it done. I can really understand that one. I am having problems with my right hip. I am scared to have it looked at. I am so tired I don't think I can go thru anymore stuff. I have got to get my strength up. In fact I didn't even try to get to sewing camp or even go to the meeting.

I tried to do some sewing and found that it was too hard to do it. I order a pizza last night and it got delivered to a departmant store next door so eating wasn't on the scheduele. I need to clean out my sewing room so I can start sewing . know I keept saying this but if I do its get in my face I get it done.
I finally need to buy some gas for my car. I don't think I will have the best milage because the driving has been off and on. Now that I have done some writing I see that last week was very draining on me. Well everything turned out ok so now I need to get my life in order. A message would feel so good. Deep down I am concerned about my hip and I must let go of it. Right now I can't do anything about it. So everyone do take care and do have some fun today. Tashia
 
Hi there Tashia from cold, damp and foggy Vancouver. We have a pea souper here today and the city is pretty quiet... just the sound of ships' fog horns in the harbour. I am sorry that you are going through a blue period. I notice that you always have something upbeat to say to everyone new who posts here, its time you got a virtual hug from someone else. Did you feel it: I sent it! Sounds like you have a lot to deal with and you do it with great strength: try and be as kind to yourself as you obviously are to others. All the things you say you 'need' to do could probably wait until tomorrow. Am I right? Cosy up and get that pizza re-sent. As for your hip.. forget it today. And forget all the other things that are waiting in the wings. One thing at a time is the only way to deal with life's challenges. Two years ago our 30-year-old healthy daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumour. For a month, while they decided how to treat her, we didn't know if she would live or die. It was a nightmare. Its a long, miserable story but in the end they operated and got everything. Then cam rehab. Now she is back living independently and working as a counselor. But that 18 months were the worst and it put my own issues in perspective. I suspect you have a wonderful outlook given your health issues. So put your worries aside today and do something nice for yourself. XX
 
Thanks Vida, That was very nice. Did you notice the picture. It Tashia, my dog that I had for a long time. She lived to the ripe old age of 16. Since I am looking for a pet, I though having her here would be a good thing. Have a good day. Vancouver is beautiful. During the winter months is it foggy just like Seattle? Hope the sun will shine tomarrow for you.
Tashia :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
She is a beauty alright, you must miss her a lot. I love dogs too but cats are easier to leave if you travel. As you can see, Ozzie is grey but our other one is jet black. I usually adopt black cats because they are always the last to get adopted and the first to get, well, you know. Check any shelter, they usually have a room full of unwanted black cats. People are ridiculously superstitious. Its a funny world. Anyhow, this boy 'spoke' to me, he is some character. Broke my rule and took one of each!​
 
I know what you mean how they talk to you. When you said you took one of each. How many did you get?
 
Ha just one grey and one black, which was one more than I planned to take home. Think we have had about 18 cats during our married life-- not all once! Which way are you leaning? Both are lovely...
 
Hi Tashia, I came on to ask you if your avatar is of Tashia and see now that it is. What an adorably cute dog she was.

Sending you big squeezy hugs all the way from the UK, I'm hoping you feel better today.

Much love

Ann.x.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom