THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope everyone had a good new year eve, I know I sure did it was good to hear from people that I haven't heard from for a while. To the most part letting go of last year was so easy. What a ruff year but good. It ended on a high note with having very little pain in the knee and none in the hip and knee on the right side. Isn't it wonderful that we live in time that something can be done for joints that held their own but was unable to maintain for the whole life span of our life.

I was very lucky to receive two knees and hip. Now I am still in recovery for the left knee. When I came here I was in such trouble because I didn't know a lot about to do about recovery. I was given the information but I didn't know how to apply it well. And trying to do on my own was really ruff. During the day things would happen and I didn't know if it was normal or a sign of trouble. One thing I had trouble was with pain control. I found if I complained about it hurting I was a weak. Now I have no problem of reporting it if I think it trouble.

As for what to do for support you need people and this was were the site came in. It is quite a process to get well from this surgery. this surgery take time and patience. Actually lots of patience. More than I had. This site takes over after the OS lets you come home from the surgery. So many questions go thru your mind. Is this normal or is this serious and need to be seen. You get lots of strange pains with this.

The library also has lots of information that so valuable for a person when they don't know or couldn't call someone to ask is this normal or not? It has been over a year with the hip and is doing fantastic. It very seldom hurts or tell me I am not suppose to do whatever. I found the hip so much easier than the knees. Also with this site I meet people who had so much in common and became I believe long time friends. I was not a person who wanted to do the internet. I like to meet people but I found here a special different friendship does develop. For one thing you get to meet people from all around the world and you become really how small the world really is. You find you have more in common that not. There are many I hope to meet in person and to get to know them even better.

My other hip will at some time have to be done. But not for many years, I hope because as I have said this surgery is not easy. As I said I feel that my hip is recovered and I don't feel I need to post every day. I have to thank all of you that have come to my site. One day I noticed how many had come to my site and I felt so humbled. Even though you didn't say anything you gave me hope. Just by reading it you gave me strength and I thank you for it. I still plan to come and to do posting when something exciting happens. Please take care. Tashia
 
tashia . NO, you mustn't leave, we need you!

Your posts give us all hope and you are part of the forum now.. You give so much support to other members, including myself. I would be lost each day, not seeing you online, often when I am in my timeframe.. We will always be friends.. and will always email each other.

I love this comment of yours, so much so that I am going to tag Jo and Jamie, they will be thrilled.. Josephine Jamie

This site takes over after the OS lets you come home from the surgery
 
Tashia my dear, you have been part of this forum for so long you seemed to have taken root! A year and two months is a long time to have you part of our lives. But I look on this forum a bit like a hospital ward where people come to get better and when they have, they are off and about their own lives. It saddens me to see them go but ultimately I know it's for the best, especially if they feel it is time and it is right for them. I wish you well, I wish you a long, good and pain free life. May you create lots of lovely artwork and fill your life with joy. You will know where to come should you ever have a problem but heaven forfend that you should ever need to do so. Please drop in every New Year to our parties and we will enjoy hearing from you very much! God bless and keep you, dear one.
 
Tashia, I love that you are spreading your wings and ready to fly with your new joints. That's how it should be and I always understand when people get busy with life and don't have as much time for posting on BoneSmart. But.....BUT......I want you to know that your encouraging posts have helped so many. Your kind spirit and joy for living will ALWAYS be welcome here on BoneSmart. You don't need to have something to report. You can just come and say hi whenever you want....just like popping in on a next-door neighbor for a cup of coffee some mornings. We'll ALWAYS be happy to hear from you.

I'm hoping that is the way it goes because I will miss your posts otherwise. I always look forward to reading them and getting a smile. So whenever you feel like it, please come here. There will always be folks you can encourage and help and old friends to chat with!!!
 
Thank you Poppet, Jamie and Josephine, The reason I said this is I still want to read how everyone is doing but to give a daily report on how I was doing was starting to be the same over and over again. I realize that there were lot of people looking at my site which really humbled me greatly. And I hope and pray they will be able to get there joints and be able to get back the life they deserve. I will be by for coffee often. I have many friends here that I want to keep in touch with but not by daily posting. I will reading more people posting now that I am not posting daily on mine. This isn't end but a new beginning. Take care. Tashia
 
Hi Tash, thankyou for stopping by my thread with your kind words. You are so lovely you would be such a miss on the forum. You're right about not having much to post about when we get better but that doesn't mean we can't still post on other peoples threads...which you often do and you always have very encouraging words for everyone.

I vote you stick around for a long time yet......we need your wise words and positive posts and we also still want to know how you are doing,how your sewing is coming along and your driving and we definitely need to know when you get your new dog.

I don't expect to be posting on my thread much at all now but if I can help someone else on their journey then all's good.

Hope you can get that tooth problem sorted put very soon

Take care

Ann.x
 
Ann, Thank you for your kind words. Your right as you do get well its hard to post every day. I found today very differcult to pull away from the site. I agree us who are getting better can help others so I will spend more time on other sites. we do have wisdom. I was planning to keep up the sewing because I enjoy it so. I will be around but not so much on my post unless something happens. I do want to get a dog and next week I think will be the starting point. I will keep you posted. Your friendship is very dear and do want to keep in touch. Take care. Tashia
 
Just drop by for a pot of tea. Not much is happening just doing my apartment and getting ready to sew. Got some new designs for my machine, now need to get into the computer so I can sew the designs. Been driving and enjoying the sun but it has been cold. Feels so good to be able to get up in the morning and do what I want. The evenings staying home and getting more sorting done. Get rid of stuff I don't need. Well thats all for me now. Take care. Tashia
 
I began starting to get myself off the medication. I have had moments of feeling nervos. But other than that not much has been happening. Driving more because of taking so much medication. It feel Great. I wish I could rid of the nerves. Take care. Tashia
 
Tonight I find myself very concerned over a very good friend in Down and Under. I feel so helpless over the fire and that it is close to her. I live in fire country and I know how fast fire can get their way. Take care my very good friend
 
Hello Tashia, I hope by now you are feeling better and less sad. I had my first THR in March 2012 and as soon as I got off the meds, the pain on the other hip was unbeareable. Went back to my surgeon and was informed I needed the right hip replaced as well. I was devastated because I had just started to recover from surgery. I have always been very active and the pain was keeping me from my regular life of power walking an hour every day for over 20 years. I had the second THR on Sept 26th, 2012. Update : the hip I had done in March is totally healed and pain free!!!:happydance: The other hip is now feeling almost pain free and today for the first time I was able to keep up for a 4 mile walking cd. ( its cold outside, so I do the tape at home) I am still a bit sore and had the sad moments you are feeling. Be kind to yourself and know that very soon you will be pain free and able to enjoy your normal life. The worst is OVER and now every day you are closer to less pain and more activity. I did notice that this second time around I get tired very easily, so when that happens, slow down and rest. Total recovery is just around the corner. Remember we all heal at different paces. Its been hard having 2 THR within 6 months, but so worth it. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!!!:angel:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
abithegreat, it's so good to hear that you are fully recovered from hip #1 and that hip #2 is coming along very nicely. Good to know that you are getting your pain free life back and can return to the power walking you love so much.
 
Even my hip is tired with all this cold. When I woke up my hip was having a :hissy:..So I had to tell junior that it was ok. That I will turn up the heat and take a pill so it would feel better. So all three became quite (2 knees, 1 hip) are happy and now are happy and :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:. :mcoffee: is now having some herbal tea to help her from the screams :heehee:. Everyone have a good night and take care when you play tomarrow. Tashia
 
I keep forgetting that my hip was done. :gaah: I was doing exercises and did one of my hips exercise I did before I did before they got bad. :happydance: It did great but now its a little tender but It didn't hurt when I did it. :snork:
That's great. :yes!: Now I just hope I don't hurt tomarrow...:umm: Tashia :puppysmooze:
 
:friends: Thats so great! I am happy for you and all those of us on the other side of pain!!:happydance: Today I am going on a vacation and I am looking forward to walking on the beach,(w/o pain)and truly enjoyong the time away. Last vacation I took in June I was in so much pain walking back from the ocean I thought I would not make it back to our room!!!:cry: So hang in there and rest when it gets sore and push yourself just a little bit each day and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. It will know best. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi everyone, Well I couldn't believe that I did that exercise. It felt so natural and so good. A little tender now but not anything to worry about. Really tired today. Did a lot yesterday so I really need to rest today. Didn't get to bed until very late. Was having such a good day I didn't want it to end. Sleep in and it felt so good. Its cold out there. so glad I don't have to worry about yards, plants, etc. I like apartment and so thats were I should be. I came up with a plan so I can get my carpet cleaned before I get my dog. I still need to get a bed. Oh I just thought will all the sales going on I can get one on sale. And I still have all the blankets and they are all clean ready to go. I just have to get a bowl and dog food. I want a little lady about three to four years old. I will start finding all the places and the last week of this month is the date unless God had a different date. Everything goes thru him. Well I have some cabinets to clean, My caregiver didn't quite put everything were it should be. Have a slight sore thoart but not bad. Im not use to doing a lot of talking and talking a lot I have been doing. Oh its so great to feel alive. well I have to get some warmer clothes on because my apartment getting a little cold because the sun went behind the clouds. Everyone do take care and have a very good time this weekend and do have a laugh. It heals the soul. Tashia
 
Well I had good intention but didn't do anything but sleep. I am really tired. I had a fine day thank goodness tomarrow is another day. I need pain medication today so I didn't get to drive around. the apartment is really getting me but tomarrow is not to far off thank goodness. Today is the day I wish I had a dog. Could use the company. Of couse I would had to take her for a walk which would be great. Fresh air is good for you. Take care Tashia
 
Hi Tashia
As a fairly new BS member I just caught up on your thread - you do seem to have become computer savvy during your recovery! You have also discovered that the cabinets will still be there tomorrow but you needed the sleep. Know what you mean about stuff in wrong places, my husband has been wonderful and sister-in-law was here for a few days, now I can't find anything in the Kitchen! We have snow forecast for the next few days and it is very cold here, it does get into the new joint - think the thermal underwear will be on before I go out today!
Good luck with getting a dog - it sounds like you want one that needs a loving home (for whatever reason - some owners are having trouble affording theirs in this country due to the recession and have to give them up, tragic.)
Here's to lots of big sloppy kisses and unconditional love for you!!!!
Anne xx
 
Oh Tashia honey, tomorrow will be a better day.. Time to sort out that sewing room.. You know I need some help learning how to make a quilt.. How about we discuss that in the sewing thread you started in the social room?

Much love always xx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom