THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Well the storm is over and all is well. Got some wind but not bad. Plan to go out later today and see how things are. There was some local flooding. well thats that. Now to work on Christmas decorating. I am so grateful that I am dry and safe. I do hope that all the storms thru out the world has not hurt anyone that comes here. And those that did get touch that you are doing the best you can and are as safe as you can be. Everyone take care.
 
Glad your bad weather is over and that you are high and dry. Enjoy your Christmas decorating. Take pictures and post them for us. Take care. I care.
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
 
bottomshollow, If I was at my old house I would be in trouble but since I am here I am fine. I did find most of the day being sad and crying. I think its getting rid of old stuff that I need to cry over then toss. At the end of the year I do go thru my feeling then start the new Year with a clean slate. This year has been a very good year with the successful surgrey with my knee. Now with most of all that behind me a new year will be welcome with relieaf and joy. The depression will pass in time. I do hope that you are doing well with taking care with your Husband and that he will be healed with success. Do take care and don't forget to take care of you also. Tashia
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW! So happy you were safe and still are for the elements. I can deal with thunder, lightening, and lots of rain---but high winds and wind shear scare the daylights out of me.

I agree that this year has been a good one for you in many ways---so lets pray that it is a harbinger of the coming year and that it will be even better for you---not of course that there won't be down days---none of us can escape having some of those from time to time.

Hubby and I have worked out a pretty good schedule for ourselves and things are much better with him at home than they were when I had to travel back and forth everyday. I actually have time for me, am sleeping very well, can get my house and yard work done, and sneak in some lazy down time.

Enjoy you Christmas decorating--I've gotten mine done. Just put candles in the windows and a wreath on the front door. I also put a plain wreath with just a red bow on my pump house door and spotlighted it so it can be seen by folks driving down the road.
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!


 
I'm trying to make a decision of getting of pain medication. My stomach is really sore so does this mean I need to get back on them. the problem while I am on them I don't go anywhere and therefore I get depressed and don't drive. I do know I have cronic pain so what do I do with that. :scratch: I have been in pain of some kind for so long I don't know what I would do without it. I do feel better with the stuff in me mentally and physically so what do I do. :yikes: I need to work this out. The last surgrey was in June so what do I do. :sigh: This question is one only I can answer. Everybody please take care and safe. Tashia
 
Take care Tash... listen to your body, you are very good judge of your situation honey :)
 
Well last night I decided to go back on the schedule of medication to see if the stomach is happy. My knees don't hurt nor does my stomach. Even my feet feel better. The real reason I want to get off them is I want to drive more and the realaty of me not driving is something I can't accept. I need to drive, I love it so. I also am staying more isolated if I take them because there is no good bus service here where I live. :hairpulling: I have decided to stay on the meds for a while more but I am not happy at all about this. :tantrum: So we shall see what God has for me. I must turn this over to him, I can't control this. I need to make peace with this. Everyone do take care for this is the season for lot of distracted drivers. Tashia
 
Boy are we getting more rain. :gaah: I would like some sun to warm my bones. This day I was tender in the knees and hips. We are have fog and means it will be 100 percent moisture and thats make it cold. I did go driving today and it was great. I tried to get some of my Christmas shopping done but I couldn't find what I needed. Tomarrow is another day. I may have some problem with my teeth. I see the dentist tomarrow. I have to take pills two hours before which is ok. I can't remember how long I must do this. When I drive I let my medicane wear off then I drive. That doesn't seem to bother me. Its when I cut back the amont is when it bothers me. I was taking to a friend and we started talking about cooking. This is exciting because I lost all interest a couple of years ago. also some other stuff I use to do is coming back and I want to do it. I starting to feel like my old self before Cancer. Well that brought out some tears. It really has been a battle. But I am wining and that is the important part. I do want everyone to know that I believe that sometimes we need battles that almost win because we need to realize just how strong you really are. And you enjoy the good times so much and the doing things that you haven't done for so long come again in your life. I don't wish it on anybody. I believe that getting new joints are just as trying as Cancer. Yes they are different and they have different battles but it does make you enjoy the day and time that nothing happens. There was something on the news today which got my attention.


Josephine Have you head that drinking sugar soda destroy the knees and cause knee problems. It was on the news and I wasn't able to get the study that made this conclusion. Any imput? I thought it was interesting study.

Well I need to move around this weather is really getting the joints. Everyone do take care with the weather. We are having a horrible night with the fog so I will not be going anywhere but for those who are please be careful. Take care. Tashia
 
I will go and have another opion and then make up my mind. :shrug: Another big step last night. :happydance: I went to bed without a pain pill and sleep like a baby. :egypdance: I seem to need them when I am up and running around. :spin: Wow that is so great. :yahoo: another step toward full recover. :yes!: I plan to go to a party this afternoon and drive. :whistle: I am starting to feel like normal. Yesterday was a ruff day but today is good. The good thing about having a bad day is when the next day is so much better. Everyone do have a good day and weekend. Please be careful when driving and going out for shopping. Take care. Tashia
 
Well I just erased my post again. :shocked: I guess it was just for me to read. I am feeling out of it again. :tantrum: The next day after not taking all the medicane I feel off. So does this mean I need the full amount or am I misreading and not taking enough so I get into trouble. :scary: I know my doctor wants me off the dose I am taking so am I trying to do it knowing very well I still need that dose. :eeeuw: My tooth also could be a factor. :scratch: I am going to have to be tested to see if my cancer medication is off also. :skep: This last streach to recover is ruff. I think its mostly mental. I want it over and now. I did go to a party this afternoon and it was great. the guilts were so great. I think most of the problem is MY place is a mess with me trying to get ready for Christmas and my sewing room ready. I don't good with a messy house and right now I have a mess on the floor and my sewing room is really bad. :sigh: I wish all this would get solved. :thud: Well its not getting solved so I might as well go and clean up the bedroom so at least I can go into one clean and eveything in order. :umm: Please everyone be careful with the driving out there. I don't want anyone hurt so do take care. Tashia :bicycle1: :puppysmooze:
 
Tashia. no I haven't heard that about sugar soda, not even really sure what 'sugar soda' is, actually!

As for your meds, what are you taking that is causing you tummy pain?

Know how you feel about having a messy house! I was almost through giving my place a thorough top to toe for when I was having carers come in and then the op was cancelled with just the kitchen to do and just cannot seem to summon up the motivation to get it finished. I've done maybe half of it but that was the easy half! Take care, petal - God is with you!
 
The article was talking about Soda Pop or Soda, Coke, Pespi, The stuff that you aren't surpose to drink. Now they didn't talk about Diet Soda. The article wasn't real imformtive about it. It just said that the sugar in Soda Pop or Soda attack the knee. I know sugar does destroy the teeth so why couldn't it get into the system and do damage in the joints. I sure would like to find out more about it. In Search Rescure we drank tons because it was safer than the water where we were and the sugar gave us engery. The medicane I am taking that could be hitting the stomach is Morphine and percet. I am trying to reduce the doses but I seem to need the very low dose yet for pain. I eat food when I take them. Never on a empty stomach. I keep coming up with nerves. Everytine I really get upset and cry a lot my stomach hurts. No dought its both pills and nerves. Not having family around me is ruff espically around Christmas. I do notice that when I am around people I don't seem to have problem. With me not driving I am very isolated. Josephine This Christmas season is a ruff one. On Christmas eve my husband and I lost our first son. Some season it's ok and some aren't. That is just the way it is. I just can't seem to get things done and get active this year. So a new year will be the answer. Take care and be safe. Tashia
 
I have a similar situation, Tashia. Bad memories associate with a bereavement and general isolation. Not a nice way to spend Christmas, is it?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
My hubby lost his mother on Christmas Day, and I can always tell when he's thinking of her every year. He gets a sad faraway look on his face even with a houseful of family.
Always sad, but seems worse at holidays. Have to make it a point to count our blessings when we begin to feel low--
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
 
I am saddened to read of your situation Tashia. I do understand how difficult it is to feel a sense of grieving on a day of celebration. It's hard. My lady's mother passed away on my birthday a few years ago. (How dare she!! Wait to I see her again!!) A year later we had the same thing as you are describing. A reason to celebrate but no emotional resources to do so.

So we devised a plan. I would share my birthday with my partner's mother. The first half of the day is for remembering Mother. This may involve a trip to the cemetery or reviewing photos and telling old stories. What we do changes each year but we always show our respects. No mention is made of my birthday.

Then at about 1pm it becomes my birthday. I receive presents and am thoroughly spoiled. It works. My partner feels that she has had a time and a space for her grieving and remembering and can then be happy in celebrating my birthday.
 
Mike, I find that up to Christmas Eve I feel down then when the evening hits I get the spirit. So I know its life and we can't do anything about it. When I start going out and seeing the lights I will start feeling better. This coming year is going to be so much better because no surgrey is needed this year. All my joints are now done. I hope you have a good week. Take care.
 
Hi Tashia,

I think that one of the things that makes Christmas time difficult for many people is isolation. Having people around you, particularly the young and the old, can make this a special time. Here are a few suggestions that might help you feel the spirit of Christmas.

1. Make the effort to attend Christmas carols this year.
2. Check to see if your local school is having a childrens Christmas concert or pagent.
3. Make a trip to visit the Christmas lights and trees on display in the local area.
4. Check with the local Charities if there is something you can do to make other people's Christmas happy.
5. Connect with a retirement village to see if you can spend time with older people who have no visitors this Christmas.
6. Make an effort to decorate your own tree or even just your front door.
7. Buy a give for the charity Christmas tree in your local shops.
8. Plan and cook a special Christmas lunch or dinner.
9. Invite your neighbours over for drinks on Christmas Eve.
10. Visit your Carols by Candlelight evening.
11. Call an old friend you have not spoken to for a long time and wish them a merry Christmas

Hope you can find something there for you to do.

Take care

Mike
 
Hi Mike AussieMike and my darling tashia ... Tash would remember last year, we have a blast on the forum... A big online party..

You will not be alone Tash, while you have me as your friend... Thanks for your email, I replied...

Tashia's present this year is a dog.... [Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW! or this one... [Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW! or one like this [Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
 
Poppet, I love the dogs they are so cute. I must get my house first, then the dog. My tooth hurts a little today so I must get it. My stomach is hurting I think everything is brother it. I am having the caregiver over today to do decoration. Tonight is the party. Really looking forward to it. As a dog I need a lap dog that likes to walk. Hugs Tashia
 
Went to a party tonight and had fun. After the chorus sung we went for ride to a couple of towns to see Christmas lights. It was good to hear and see the lights. Today I went to have my tests to make sure the count was right. It was right on.:yay: Finally got right where the doctor and I want it. Its been a ruff year because it hasn't be right untill now all year until now. Depression comes along with it if it isn't right. Now to find out why I am having a low grade fever. I think its the tooth. I will call the Dentist tomarrow. Also the nurse I saw today thinks I have a sinus infection and gave me antibots for it. I sure hope it works. I'm ready for some fun and laughter. I also did some decorating on the apartment today also. A very full day and I am really tired. It rained this evening so everything is nice and clean. It is surpose to rain tomarrow. I will try to finish the decorating then read the instruction to see how to put the pictures in the site. Everyone do take care.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom