THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Great to read that you enjoyed your quilt show Tashia. Don't loose those clever ideas. We all need to see photos of your next quilt. Rest up now. Well done.

Mike
 
Fantastic Tash.. Sleep well, you had an exciting time out... Yes, photos please..
 
Oh I'm afraid I am paying for yesterday but thats ok I now know I can have them. Last night I did play with some sewing but did take easy.. Today my hip is really swollen, the most it has been for a very long time. Today is a heating herbal pads day. I do hope everyone does have a good day and some fun inclue.
 
Yesterday was a sleeping day. I really sleep the whole day. Did do some walking but not much. Today feel so much better and not so tired. Got my carmea and trying to read the instruction which failed. I can't get the disk to down load will try again today. Going for a ride and eat out today. I do hope that everyone had a good weekend and some fun. Got a Thanksgiving event tomorrow I hope to go to. Since I don't have family here, that holiday is lonely. Well I got to get my day going and eat lunch. Tashia
 
Tonight I find myself disppointed that I didn't make the quilt meeting tonight. I had a big day and I am afraid I might get tired and not have a safe drive home. I did get to go to a Thanksgiving Dinner today and did have fun. Was gone for most of the day. Was able to bring some Turkey home for some sandwiches to be made tomarrow. I got to meet the owner of the caregiver service that I am using. He is a very caring person. Glad I found his service. I know I won't be needing much longer and will miss the caregivers very much. My process is still slow for I still need pain medication for right now. I do get to drive when the drugs wear off which I enjoy so much. My sewing is getting started and I even learning how to use a carmera so I can download pictures of my quilt. I think I have another ear infection so I must address it this week. I sent away for my free computer which came with my sewing machine. Now I will have to wait for 6 weeks to 2 months to get it. I want to play now so it is hard to wait but I must. Well I need to get up and move about so I won't get sore. Everyone do take care and do go slow so that you don't hurt yourself. For the ones in the East please take care and stay warm. Make sure you check in here because we care and do want to know you are ok. Tashia
 
Tashia

Smart lady, marshaling your strength and knowing when to rest. I made the mistake of thinking I was 30 instead of 60 and now I am tired and grouchy. To better tomorrows, right?

Suki
 
Hi Tash,

Turkey dinner, yum. Glad you got out and had a good time. Having fun is so important when we feel up to it. I'm sure there will be other quilt meetings, right? I can usually do one big thing a day or a couple little things but not two big things yet. The time will come.

We had Indian summer with a couple days in the 70s, now cold again and about 40. Not too bad yet, but winter is coming, I can feel it in my bones! How cold does it get where you are?

Take care, friend, and thanks for always supporting us like you do. Love...
 
Today was a kinda sad day. Found that I did a lot of crying today. I think it has to do with the hoidays. I don't have family here and with the storm out East, I won't be going out there as I had planned. So now I have no plans for the Hoildays. Its been a ruff years in some ways and a good year in other way. Now I will have to process the year. Keep the Good and get rid of the bad. Everyone do take care and be careful with winter being here. Tashia
 
Oh tash honey, you have a world of friends here on the forum. Look how big your family is here.. We all love you xx

Don't worry, we will have fun at Xmas on the forum [Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Don't be too sad :)
 
I didn't sleep well last night, actually its been about a week. My heater has not been working the best and has been waking me up three to four times a night. I need a good night sleep without being woke up with a noise and then trying to go back to sleep. My head is screaming and I don't know why unless its tension. I been doing a lot and getting things done but I have been very tense. My pain level is really low so I don't know whats up. I will have to do some jouraling to find out what ups. I am driving more and feeling more at ease with the new car. In fact I am trying to use up the first tank of gas I put in it. I filled it up in October and its at 3/4 so not much has been used. I know I would feel better if I would hear from my brother in law. But I can't chance thing the way they are. Well I need to take something for my head. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Poppet, How does the hip feel being a year old? Thank you for cheering me up. Love ya. Tashia
 
Tonight is a cold night and my other hip is hurting. I was able to do shopping today. :spin: Went to the bank and to fabric stores. My foot hurt a little today enough to just be pain. :gaah: I did have a very good sleep last night. I layed down in the bed got comfort and lights out. I sleep the whole night. :happydance: When i got home from shopping I took a nap and another one after dinner. I might have trouble sleeping because of the second nap.:shrug: With storm moving in I will be careful while driving. I do have something this weekend so we will see. I was just thinking about where I was a year ago. :sos: Crying a lot, woundering if I would every be able to accept the pain. :boohoo: Will this last surgrey work or will it be worse. I found this sight after I had one knee and hip done and in tons of trouble. My life was taking pills almost every four hours and not in pain control. :shocked: Not walking very good or driving. I had my complete hip done in September and still not doing good. I was so lonely because my friends I guess decided that since I couldn't walk I was not longer invited to go with them. :yikes: I no longer wanted to do sewing because I had lot all interest. Now I am in the process of taking classes and doing the sewing room for my sewing machine. :yay: I felt so defeated. I was in depression and felt like the world was coming down on me. Slowly I started journeling and found that other had problems too. With the surport of the experts at this site and the friends that I made her I found my depression slowly lifting and finding hope again. :yes!: Even laughter was in my life. I was getting to know a couple of people who became dear friends and no doublt will be friends for the rest of my life. :cheers: I was able to get my last complete knee done and found that I had so little trouble compared to the other one. :wink: I still am having pain but not half as bad as before. I am also driving again in a new car. My van gave out and I couldn't keep it on the road with all the problem. In the process I found eating a chore and lost lots of weight which is staying off so far. I had to go thru my closet and got ride of all the fat clothes. Feeling so much better to be without the weight. Now is I get lonely I come to my computer and come to this site and write or check up on my friends from all around the world. :yay: Before this my computer was a true love hate retationship. I was afraid if I write anything people would think I was out there. There are times I have trouble spelling and here I find its ok. Always had trouble with spelling but I find that I am getting better at spelling. Now I do find that I need to find some dreams because all the dreams went away when I found I was in so much pain I couldn't do anything but cry. I was even able to take a trip and found traveling in a plane was like before my joints starting hurting easy as could be. Now I have hope of returning to a new life. pain free. I hope this helps some of the people that come to this site just to read. I found that when you are in pain, the way you look at the world is so sad and really out of focus. Now that I can walk without the aid of cane or walker I don't feel like eveyone is looking at me. I also find that I can :rotfl:. Finding people that know what pain is and be able to share that helps you handle the pain. Sharing is also wonderful. I have gotten more back then I could every give. I hope that you decide to join so your questions can be solved and you find that you can come here and talk about how diffucult your day was and that others have the same way. This is a community that wants to support each other in the process of getting a new joints which leads to a new life. One without pain and new friends as a bonus. WoW. Isn't that great. :yay: I do hope everyone takes care and is careful with this cold weather. Take care. :puppysmooze:
 
Tashia my darling, thank you so much for such a wonderful post, it is going to help a lot of people - you are a 'one in a million woman' honey.

I am honoured to be one of your friends and yes, our friendship is for life :)

As I read your words, the tears were streaming down my face, not because I was sad, but because I know just how far you have come and what you have been through and what a fantastic survivor you are - I love you Tashia (my other Sis) :).

I think that next project apart from mastering computing, which you are doing brilliantly with, is to think about getting that dog?

I am going to tag Jo and Jamie, because I know they will be as thrilled to read your post as I was.. well done you :)

I will be in touch very soon - much love xx

Jamie; Josephine; and dianemarie;
 
Hi Tash, I agree wholeheartedly with Sandy, that post was very touching and it will help many who read it. You have beautifully expressed how one can rise in the face of adversity and you have certainly done that. Your positive thinking and fighting spirit is a lesson to us all. You go girl :puppysmooze:

Take care

Ann
Xxx
 
Thanks Ann and Sandy, Thats mean so much to me. Time just flew by so fast didn't realize it until I realized it was time for a holiday. I do need to ask a question. When you had your hips done, did your other hip start having muscle spams and stinging with pain. When it spasm the whole leg curles up with the spams. It sure hurts. I tried useing heating pads, no good, message, no good, It seems to be very deep. It that brustis or bone pain? It will evently needs to have the hip replaced. Any inside information? Please everyone take care this Holiday and get home safe and be careful. Tashia
 
Hi Tash,

Loved reading your very insightful post. Thanks for sharing. My 2nd hip started to hurt soon after I got my 1st one replaced. It had never, ever hurt before that. My OS told me that the pain pathways to the brain usually take the most painful area first and for me that was my 1st hip. Haven't really heard that from anyone else but it made sense to me. Right after a surgery when you are healing from the trauma usually any other health issues, pain appear to be gone as the full focus is on the healing. Over time though those issues return. Darn it!
 
Tasha,

Your post was very touching. It was a great reminder to me that even if things aren't going as we'll as we expected, that we have to celebrate the small victories. I find that even though I'm never pain free, there is a balance between activity and rest that allows me to participate in life. And when we get out and do some of the things we love - the pain is better.

Again, I truly appreciate your post.

TH
 
TiredHippy, It is so true we need to vocus on the little wins which is turn helps us with the big battles. My hip is getting stronger every day and is more free to what I want to do. Same with the knees. I have found that I can do something for one day and the next day I can be wiped out and have to take a easy. I am so sorry to hear that all your days are not pain free but that you have worked out a balance to deal with it. Do find time to have fun and so take care. That goes for everyone this week with the holidays in the United States. I don't know what countries celebrate Thanksgiven so have a good week and very safe one. All who travel please return home safe. And that goes for our pet friends too. Tashia
 
Had a good day because I got to drive and take my self out for a Thanksgiving Dinner. I decided to go and celebrate a day early so I would avoid the crowed and the looks because I am by myself. The dinner was ok but thats it. The place did not have a punkin pie.:sos: Couldn't believe it. :shocked: Tomarrow my caregiver will be here and we will go to the store and get some pie then come home and I will make my Chile. I have sewing this weekend so I will be able to take whats left to sewing. It really should be good because it will have time for the spices to blend into the Chile. Its been cold and my joints have been good to me. Not too sore to speak off. The rest of today working with my sewing. Went thru my thread, I had no idea I had so many spools. :yikes: My hip was able to sit for a couple of hours without getting stiff which is great. Good to be able to sit and not hurt. WOW i am still trying to use of my gas in the car. i would like to know how many miles I get, but I must be getting excelent mileage because its lasting forever. :shrug: Tomarrow is Thanksgiving Day and I hope everyone has a good day. And not a painful day. Get lots of rest if you need it. Take Care Tashia
 
Hi Tash honey, hope you are ok and I love the sound of your chilli.. You will have to post the recipe in the social room xxx

Hugs xox
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom