THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Poppet, Thank you for coming by. I had a very good day. We went shopping and I couldn't believe how many people were still shopping. We came home then went out for Dinner. It was good. After words I was going to fix the Chile but I found myself too tired so I will fix it tomarrow. I would like to post it but I don't follow a receipt. It one I made up and the spices vary from each fixing. I put what looks good and the amont that looks just right. Remember I wanted a Punpkin pie well I got sweet poptatoes instead. Cann't spell it either. I will have a snack later on. Have had a very low pain day so I am closer to recovery. Isn't that great? I hope that your day was good too. I hope everyone day was good and less pain as possible. For those who are going shopping Please be careful and get back safely. Take care. Tashia.
 
Its been a couple of days I haven't written because I have been very busy with getting on with life. I have been sewing a lot and of course cleaning and arranging my sewing room. :yay: Its getting closer to be ready for my sewing, quilting and emboriary. Need to learn how to spell that. Been to sewing with sewing friends and have lots of laughter and eating. I am finding that when I go to bed I may be tired and a little pain but it can all be handled with a night sleep and a pain pill. I find myself looking for the furture and know I must get my dreams back because I can do things again. I still have to carefull when I drive because I still need to build up time behind the wheel. I still find that after being active for a day I must take a easy the next day but I know that will change. I feel with the new year coming I will have a new life and lots of doing things I use to do and things I have never done. :happydance: A new dog will no dought be in the furture. As I write this I know all this was worth it. The new two new knees and a hip a now part of me and we have many hills to climb and distances to go. I look into the furture and see many distances to travel. I do hope you will join me and climb the hills you must travel and climb. Please take care. Until my next posting be safe. Tashia
 
I had a off day but its already better. Trying to fiqure what to do with a big batch of Chile that taste pretty bad. Try a new spice and it did change it. We are getting ready for lots of rain. We have flood warning all over the valley. I will be ok its mostly the creek and streams. I have plenty of food and lots of sewing to do so as long as I have electric I have it made. I know it will be wet but not terriable. Now is my new computer would come so I could load my sewing machine program and I could get sewing and see the stuff I want to do. Its exciting. I have some things to do tomarrow but I do need to start journaling again.


Things I can do
sewing
walking
taking a bath
shop
clean apartment
arrange rooms
drive
help people on this site by surporting and ercouraging

Medication
Morphine twice daily
brak-thr 3 times a day
Cancer med
stomach med as needed
anixety as needed

Goal
Work on walking longer distances
driving longer distance
workout
get sleep more regulated
eat better more fruit
sewing classes
Christmass sewing

Need to be more organized in sewing and doing apartment
I need to start going to more sewing and sew. Get project ready to go
Be more positive on taking medication I need to put up Christmas tree. All is well. Tashia
 
Tash,

You sound great! Just think, if you had a doggie, maybe he could help you eat the chile! I find in my older age (HaHa!) that the tried and true things are the best. But I still need to not get in a rut and live a little.
Got my Christmas tree up a couple of weeks ago. I love to enjoy it, the season is so short. Have a super day!
 
dianemarie, I am so jeoulous about you having the Christmas tree up. It gets put up Thrusday. I love Christmas also. I live the tree up quite late because I have decorations for Valentines, and Easter if I still want the tree up. I offered my Chile to my caregiver and he turned me down. Its not that bad:shocked:. What am I going to do with a double batch of Chile? We are to have rain coming this week. I guess we are going to have at least 4 inches. I will be fine I think. I have plenty of Chile.:yikes: And gas in my car. Maybe I will do a movie. I get in a rut also. I will have to take down my windchimes because we are going to have lots of wind too. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about snow. Today has been a pain free day. Went to the doctor and to sewing shops. And a very sunny day. WOW. :bicycle1: Everyone please take care and stay safe. Tashia
 
Tash, I so love windchimes! But in my condo I am on the 2nd floor and there is no place to put them. At my house I had some that made such a beautiful tone. If you saw my Christmas tree you might not be jealous. It is a small tabletop tree, about 2 ft. tall. But I love it and I like to have things I can handle myself. Glad you had a good day. A movie sounds great! Have fun.
 
diane, Last year I just had a ANGLE which really lit up the living room. I am trying to fiqure out were to put it up if I have a tree. A thought just came to me. How about on my dinning room table? I am truly excited about it this year. I just found out that this storm we could be out of electricty. We shall see. Hugs, Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, sounds like things are tootling along smoothly for you, that's great to hear. We don't want miracles do we....just a pain free life, that's not a great ask is it? I hope things continue to improve, it was lovely to read you have been 'getting along with life'

Shame about your Chile disaster, I bet you were looking forward to having that too :sad:

Hope you manage to find a nice spot for your Angel and I hope you don't lose your electricity.

Take care

Ann.x.
 
I love the talk about Xmas trees... would love some photos?
 
Poppet, Do you put up a tree? I will try to take some pictures. I know how to take the pictures but I don't know how to get into the computer or here. I will work it out maybe before New Years.:loll: Please take care. Hugs, Tashia
 
Today was a good day, I put up the tree. It hasn't been decorated yet but just having the lights on is so uplifting. I was getting something out of the cabinet and without thinking I was standing on my toes. WOW It so nice not to have to stop and think before I do something. Just do it. We are really getting rained on. Tomarrown I do have to go out before 4. I guess after 4 we are really going to get it. I have plenty of food and water. So if I don't lose my electricy I will have it made. Sunday is even to be worse than tomarrow. I think the chile made my stomach very unhappy so I need to calm it down so I can eat without being in pain. I belong to a embroidery club and I got my design today. They are really cool. Spent more time in sewing room to get it arranged. Almost there. I am trying to learn how to use my carmera. So far its winning. A little sore today because of the weather. But the most important I am dry and all is well. Everyone please take care and be careful with this weather. It is really dangeous. Tashia
 
Today is a very wet day. So far so good. I am sore but not bad. It was really wet outside but the roads are able to stay dry. When I was at Kaiser I was able to stay dry. I didn't get much sleep last night because of the rain so took a nap. I hope I will be able to go to sleep tonight. I have come so far but still have distance to go. Everyone please be careful with this storm. It really is bad. Take care.
 
I forgot I did something so exciting I got on the floor for the first time. It felt so great. WOW I was also able to get up. Not to smooth but made it. Now this is a great milestone. Now I can start my floor exercise . :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
Those little milestones just give us such a boost and make us smile, smile, smile. They are the proof we need to know that we are indeed getting better and better everyday in every little way. Just you be careful getting up and down.


Keep practicing with your camera---we want pictures. I need to get mine out with the instruction book and just take some pictures myself. Will do that this week-end I think so I can post them in the thread you started in the social room.

Take care, Tashia. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
 
I forgot I did something so exciting I got on the floor for the first time. It felt so great. WOW I was also able to get up. Not to smooth but made it. Now this is a great milestone. Now I can start my floor exercise . :happydance:


Wow Tash, that is a great milestone to achieve. No stopping you now girl :)

p.s. I bought my first book on learning how to quilt the other day...
 
Poppet, that is so exciting, I can hardly wait till you start making one. I find it so relaxing and its takes your mind of all the other stuff. All you think of is what you are doing. I wish we were closer so I could help you in your first quilt. Today I was talking to my sister and I found myself crying. I couldn't believe it. I was crying because I was so happy that my Recover is getting closer to the end. I can see the end now. It is unblieveable that I was able to make it. The three years have gone by and every second of it was worth it. Now I have two new knees and new hip and off the go trying things that they have never done before. The other hip has been tender but is ok for right now. Been doing some driving in the rain. Well I need to go and check to see how the water in the wetlands are doing. I live right next to them, and I like to keep a eye of it during this much rain. The real big one is coming tonight and is surpose to have lots of wind. Thank goodness I don't have any big trees near me. If I was at the house I would really be worried. I had a very bit tree in the front and I sure the wind is really going to be hard on it. But I don't own the house so its not my problem, if it does come down I hope it doesn't hurt anyone. Well I need to go, talk to you later. Hugs. Tashia
 
Tash,

This healing thing does seem to take forever, but we do start to have more good days. I see the rains on the news in your area and hope and pray you are safe. Sounds like you are. We need to keep remembering where we came from and looking forward to where we are going. Stay dry and sweet dreams my friend.
 
diane, I checked the pond that is very near me and its in excellent shape. It should be able to take the storm in great shape. I walked around some of the base and it looked and felt good. So all is fine. Today has been a low pain day which is so good. Just woke up from a nap so if I don't get much sleep I will be good shape. I was thinking about sewing tomarrow if all is well. Diane how are you doing? I think about you a lot. Having nerve damage is really a pain. I never told you but on my right leg I received some. It is coming back and as the nerve kicks in it sends you sharp pain. I'm glad its coming back but not the process. Take care and I think a little Christmas tree is great. Hugs Tashia
 
Hi Tash honey

Just logged on after a Sunday resting, trying to get myself mentally and physically prepared for work tomorrow... gosh, how I hate it now!

I won't get my quilting book for a couple of weeks, we have a book seller who brings a selection of nice books to work and they are incredibly cheaper than what I can even buy online.. The quilting book is my present to myself. I doubt that I will start quilting until we retire, but a girl can dream can't she, that's what I think.

I am so pleased that you are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with your three major surgeries.. It has been a long road with lots of hills for you to climb :)

Stay safe my friend and big, big hugs xx
 
Poppet, When you get your book I would love to know the name of it. The answer is YES you can dream. The fact that you already sew I'm sure the quilts will be beautuful. Well it early in the morning and still no wind. thank goodness. We haven't had real bad rain either. So maybe we escape the worst part. I need to get some sleep, so good :sleep:; Hugs
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom