THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

WOW, Mike I have never thought that way or should I say dream like that. I will have to put lot of thought into it. I was taught to dream big so I will have to get to find them. I think you would agree that as we get older or dreams change. I will have to see what comes up. Tashia
 
All today I have been very tired. It seem the day after I get out of the house I am very tired. I would think by know this would be over. I sure would like a burst of energy. Has anyone had this problem? Everyone take care. tashia
 
All the time Tashia.

Just when I expect to have energy because I had it yesterday or I had it last time I did this activity, I find it missing. There is only one cure for this most annoying of situations, time.

Chin up,

Mike
 
Mike, I keep thinking that since my surgry was in June I would have more energy by now but as usual the body tells me where I really am. I need to go back to keeping a journel.

Can do
walk some distance
dress
wash
laudry
cook
shop
drive
sew
fix sewing room

Need to improve
right hip
left knee
exercise

Medicane
Morphine twice daily
breakthru need to work on better schudue
cancer medication
stomach medication as needed
anxiety as needed

get organized in cleaning house
organize sewing
exercise
drive
eat better 3 meals not 2
Wash car

Try to be more postive, very lucky to be were I am. Need to start sewing on Monday, if its just for one hour. Start thinking of dreams. Let go of this year, It is gone and move on
 
Mike, I keep thinking that since my surgry was in June I would have more energy by now but as usual the body tells me where I really am. I need to go back to keeping a journel.

Can do
walk some distance
dress
wash
laudry
cook
shop
drive
sew
fix sewing room

Need to improve
right hip
left knee
exercise

Medicane
Morphine twice daily
breakthru need to work on better schudue
cancer medication
stomach medication as needed
anxiety as needed

get organized in cleaning house
organize sewing
exercise
drive
eat better 3 meals not 2
Wash car

Try to be more postive, very lucky to be were I am. Need to start sewing on Monday, if its just for one hour. Start thinking of dreams. Let go of this year, It is gone and move on

Hi Tashia,

You know I am a big fan of keeping a journal. It really helps to keep you focused and keep your mind organized. You don't have to do it each day like I have been doing, you could do one each Sunday or Monday and write about your week.

When I read your list of the things you are able to do, I am impressed!! That is a lot of stuff. I still find things like shopping a struggle and usually take my son with me to drive the shopping trolley and carry the bags inside from the car. Washing and ironing is a real chore too. (Not that I ever really liked it). But you are doing lots of tasks around the home now. Be kind to yourself and recognize your progress. We would all like to improve faster but you should be proud of how far you have come.

Cheers

Mike
 
Hi Tash,

Yes, the elusive "burst of energy". My daughter told me she had a burst yesterday and then proceeded to tell me everything she had gotten done. I think it has been ten years since I had a burst of energy! HaHa!

But really it has only been 6 months since your last surgery (right?) and it can take much longer than that to heal. You are doing very well and are an awesome person to have gone through all you did and get done what you do. Hang in there friend. Like Mike said about planning, if you know you will be out of the house one day you can plan to have a "down" day the next. By down I mean, quiet, nap, rest, low key activities.

Love and hugs.
 
Hi Tashia, you have been having a rough time. I know that can be discouraging. I really enjoy your posts and you are always so sweet and supportive, so be sure to put that on your list of the things you do very well :-)

Take care,

Dorothy
 
Mike, Diane and rider 1960 Thank you very much for the words and surport. I have been under the weather with so much going on and with chemical imbalance that the cancer medicane does sometimes I wonder if I am making any process. I know I am but it has been a true struggle. I got to get out for a drive and some food shopping. Really tired me thru. Didn't have much food in the house so had to do something. Trying to even out my moods with eating better. I think its helping. Tomarrow is voting day, glad it will be over. Then my caregiver and I are going out for a lunch. I have decided to take the medication like I was doing great and stop trying to get off it. I do look for signs of getting better and needed less is a sign. But we will all have to be patient and wait, the time will come and it will happen. Tashia Everyone do take care and please stay warm and make sure that you eat also. We are all praying for you and you will make it.
 
Tashia, you said you stopped taking the medication like you are doing well ... I tried to back off on my Percocet too for the same reason, but I discovered pretty quickly that I'm just not at that point yet. I took it on more of a schedule today and I feel SO much better. Oh well ... we'll both get there eventually, but now is not that time.

Dorothy
 
rider1960, I came to the same conclusion. The weather today was so great. Did vote then went to a sewing store and found a really neat panel I am putting in the bathroom to make it more colorful. Had a very good day. Started getting tired so will go to bed early. Everyone do take care and be safe. I know it ruff waiting for surgies but before you know it will be there. And for those who are just joining this side remember Rest, Elevate, Ice and pain control.
 
Hi darling Tash

These 'upsey, downsey' days are not fun... I suspect we are getting to learn more about the word patience. Ugh!!!

Just watched your President give his victory speech.

So pleased you were able to get to the sewing shop, I know how much pleasure that gives you.

Take care honey and lots of love xx
 
Poppet, Your so right about the ups and downs. I have come to the conclusion that if my doctor had the surgrey done he would be more open minded but thats the way it is. I have to keep telling myself that my body has been thru a lot and its trying to heal. Doing a very good job but of course I would like it faster. Even my foot is doing better. I almost afraid to mention this because I am afraid that it will hear it and act up. We will make it but in our bodies time. Please take care my dear friend and do have some fun. Everyone do take care and be safe. Tashia
 
Today was a day that a lot of rain. Really needed it. My knees were sore because of the cold. I needed to turn on my heater and also I did some walking today. Got lot done today. I have a sewing class tomarrow so we will see how it goes. I am doing a T-shirt quilt. Hope to be able to stay the whole class. My hip hurt a little at lunch today. It doesn't seem to like booths at resturents. Can't spell today well then I guess that it for now. Everyone do take care with all the snow and rain in the US. Please be careful. Tashia
 
Hi Tash honey, sorry you are feeling the cold, it certainly plays my arthritis up..

Would love to see a photo of your quilts ???

hugs babe xx
 
Poppet, I am working on it. I have a new carmera, now I need to read it and get it going. Been spending most of my time getting use to my new sewing machine and getting it ready to do a quilt. I found one of my quilts is on the internet but I haven't figure how to get it here. Have a good Friday. Have fun my dear friend. Tashia
 
Right now I don't feel the best . The tummy is upset and feeling out of it. I think I have over done it and got too tired. Didn't sleep very good last night. I just took some pain medication and something for the tummy, I hope it works. I just went for a walk and it did feel good. Was very surprised over how many units are empty. Also haven't heard from my brother in law since right after the storm. I guess everything is catching up with me. Hip a little sore. also head is buzzing. I wish I had something planned for the weekend. Didn't go sewing because didn't feel I should. Didn't take a nap today so no dought tired. I did work on my sewing and found some things I been looking for. So that is great. Well that all I need to say but everyone do have a good weekend and do have some fun. and for the people back East please take care and be safe. Tashia
 
Hi Tash,

So glad you worked on some sewing. I took a nap today and it felt like heaven. Don't know why I fight it most days. Feeling like I should be healed and maybe trying to pretend. But going to take one or at least rest every afternoon for a little.

Where is your brother-in-law?

Try and have a good weekend and not to over do too much. It is still a struggle finding a balance. But we will get there.
 
Hi Tash honey

Yes, babe, give in and have those naps, you need them.. We are all guilty if keeping going until we are exhausted and drop... me too :)@


Sending much love xxxx
 
Thanks Diane and Poppet, We do need those naps don't we. :happydance: Did go down and feel so much better. My husband brother lives in Stewart Manor, Long Island. His house got a tree and that is all I know. :yikes: We are like brother and sister, I call him my little brother. His house is very old and I am concerned it will get condemded. As with the weather getting cold back there, I would like to know how he is. He does have the family house out on the tip of the island so I know he has a place to live but he didn't have electrical when I talked him. Now that I have the heater on my bones feel so much better. :yay: Since I did lay low today, I will go to a quilt show this weekend. I have to make sure I pull out my coat because it has really gotten cold here. Now what I call cold is not really cold to people back East. Do have fun this weekend but do take care of yourselves. LOL Tashia
 
I just did something I have wanted to do for ages. :dancy: I went to a Quilt show. Boy was it great. :snork: The quilt were so wonderful and gave me such good ideas. I was able to walk all around the room and saw everything.:egypdance: What a blast. I did have to sit down for a while and was able to get up without too much discomfort. WOW :egypdance: Now that I am home I must take a nap or I will get too tired. My mind is racing with whole bunch of new ideas for quilts. My life is coming back the way i want it too. Everyone do take care and have a wonderful weekend and do also be careful. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom