THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Hi Tashia, your cruise sounds so interesting. I had no idea that they have hobby focused kinds of cruises. I bet it was fun to be with "your own kind", as I say when I'm at a horse related event. How does a person find out about these cruises?

Sorry about your muscle. I hope it heals quickly and you can get back on track.

Hang in there.

Dorothy
 
rider1960, I found the trips in a magazines on quilting. I know there are some for horses lovers so look for trips for horse lovers. I sure hope so, it is fun to be on a cruise with people of your own interests. You also learn alot about the field. Good luck. Muscles get weak and have to be helped. I come to the reallize that you hurt so bad before the replacements that you stop taking care of all the muscles and then afterwords they have to helped. I do hope everyone is taking care of themselves because this is a lifetime job. everyone take care and stay safe. :puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle1:
 
Tashia,

Love your sense of humor a couple of posts back. You are too cute. How is the weather where you are? Does it get cold or stay nice and warm year round? I am thinking that a little later in life I may want to move where it always warm, like Arizona. These winters get harder and harder to deal with. Especially with arthritis.

Take care hon.
 
Diane, I know what you mean about the weather. Winter is ruff when its cold. I keep thinking of Arizona because I lived there for quite a few years. The summer is ruff because of the heat but at least you are diging out of snow. I need to go there and check it out because I know its changed. But it also is cheaper than where I live now. Not ready to travel by myself. Tuson is the place I am looking at. Have you ever been there? Take care and stay safe with the weekend coming up. .:bicycle1:
 
Tashia,

Where in Arizona were you located? We are heading there in Jan for three months,intend to check all around AZ and NM to see if we can find a "snowbird" nest. It is already freezing at night here and today only got to 27. I find I am very afraid to walk on the icy sidewalks, so really looking forward to finding somewhere else to winter. Tucson sounds like heaven about now....

Regards
Suki
 
Hi Tash, Sis, and Suki

I can so relate to wanting to be in a warmer place.. We live in one of the coldest places in OZ... That will change with retirement and I hope for the same for all 3 of you :)

dianemarie; Suki;
 
My daughter asked me if I didn't have to think about money, where would I live? In the Fall it would be in Montergray, Ca, Then spend the winter in Hawaii, The Spring would be traveling back East living in DC. Then the summer would be in Canada. Now that I am back to the real world. Az is a good place. Like everywhere it has one season that isn't your favoriate. It the heat in the summer. However in Prescot Arz. The summer is great but it does get some snow but not much. In Tuson the heat in the summer but the winter are just right. A sweater for a coat in Winter season. the one thing I want is a place that has easy acess to the airport so I can travel. Where I grew up the winter was a warm 40 degree below 0. Now thats cold. Well I better get to bed and try to get some sleep. Everyone do take care and do have a good weekend. :puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle1:
 
I have been living in Prescott, Az since 1999. I moved up here from Mesa because the heat got very hard to take while I was going through "the change". Now I am looking to move to Lake Havasu! I love the heat!!!
 
Lake Havasu is really hot in the summer I've heard. WOW I'll take Turson or Prescott over that. That what is so great. We all like different places. The one think about the East is the huminity in the summer. I have not been in a snow storm for years and don't miss it one bit. Really the weather wear I live now is great. Its so expensive here I don't like. Speaking of hips it really good tonight. I think I have gotten the pain taking care of. The only things I am disappointed is not be able to drive when I want. I know it will in time. Just being pain free right now is wonderful. I didn't go to see my machine today. Did get a phone call and found out some of the patterns I ordered are in. Wow I get to play this weekend with sewing. We are to have rain Sunday I think. I plan to do some driving so I see how it drives in the rain. I love it when it raines, it smells so clean. I will have to turn on my heater tomarrow night. I have to see how my hip and knees do when it gets cold. So far so good. I hope everyone has a good weekend and a safe one. Hope you able to have fun even if you are hurting. When it rains I love to have the fireplace burning and good book to read. Take care. Tashia :bicycle1:
 
Hi darling Tash, I can just picture you with the fire burning, a glass of wine (maybe?) and a good book.

I love the comments about all the places, it is such fun getting to know more about the US..

Hope you are sleeping soundly my good friend xx
 
Poppet, the weather in the United States is of all climates. Where I grew up the snow was up to the roof of the house. Thats a lot of snow. My Dad had to get all the snow off the top of the hourse to keep it from caving in. So with the snow that got removed he built us a sledge run and we had it almost till late April. That was really a blast. However I sure my Dad wished he didn't have to shovel that much snow. This was before snowblowers. I will visit the snow but not wanting to live in it. However when I visit DC last time in the winter I found the snow great and the cold weather didn't brother me much. I love Washington DC with all the parts and places to go for free. Living there is expensive if you want to be close to DC itself. I want to get back there this winter if I can. The flight is a five hours flight. Now that I know I can fly, it easier to make plans. Now that I can walk without being in so much pain makes you start dreaming again of doing things. Also being able to sit without the hip hurting bring smile to your face. Everyone do take care with all the storms coming and have fun the weekend. I get to see the machine that I think I am buying tonight. I hope it can make some neat designs. I did get a call from the sewing store and some paterns are in. Too bad I can't do them. They need a computer and I dont have it yet. This next week I plan to get a trainer. Is there any subjection on what I should look for. I know I need to go slow but I was thinking working with weights. Im I on the right track? I know if I had a trainer I would be realiable doing the exersise. Everyone do have a fun weekend. Rent a good movie or a funny one. I hope Poppet your back is better and have some time in your beach house. Take care my good friend. Love Tashia
 
I sleep the whole day after last night. Couldn't believe ow tired I am today. At least I not in pain so that is really good. My knees are tender. I am very down today, not sure why. say a lt of people I havn't sen for some time. It was good to see them. Most of them make a bag and I just watch. Didn't want to engage in making one. Didn't get invitited to sewing this week. Was very disappointed. I guess I have been not doing things for so long they have in a way forgotten me. Boy I wish I could move to another place. Everyone do take care and have a good week. Tashia
 
Got a lot of rain today. I don't know if the fact I didn't get out today or the weather I really feel down. My pain not bad in fact it good compared to last month. I need to start keeping a journal on the things I can do. I need to check my Cancer medication level to see if it is still working. Since the last surgry I am really having problems with it. Don't know why. I think I am just tired from it all. Need to get driving again. I know I am being impatience about this but it is my freedom. I will get out tomarrow. Everyone take care and stay safe. Tashia
 
Dear Tashia

I am sorry you are feeling down. You are always the person with a kind word for everyone. Always friendly and supportive. I do hope this feeling passes quickly for you.

As you know I do keep a journal on Bonesmart each day. Whilst I do it in the hope that it helps others, it also has lots of benefits for me. Tomorrow is my one month anniversary and today I was able to re-trace my journey through my journal entries. Relive the good moments and the bad. Look at the list of achievements - a list that never gets shorter even when the day is tough. Its such a boost to be able to see how far you have come.

But it has other benefits too. You can track medication changes and how you were feeling when you were on certain medications and certain strengths of medication. You can keep track of your diet or indeed anything that is important to you by simply keeping a daily journal.

There is a famous quote from Peter Drucker which sums it up: "What gets measured, gets managed."

Why not try it for a few days and see if it helps you?

Take care

Mike
 
Its late at night and I just relized that my medicane has worn off because I am a little tender so why not go for a little drive. It felt so great. I know that is what getting me is no driving.. I have fun that driving the new car at night is something I really got to get used to. It drives so diffenent than the van. I guess I am not use to driving in high class so I will drive at night so I can get use to it. I did notice it needed a car wash. This car is loaded with electric nobs or what happen to a simple car. This car you use a push button to turn it on instead of a key.mmm I guess I can manage it. I feel I have taken such a major step in recover. WOW WOW WOW I feel so free right now. The rain is so great. Could complain but don't need to . I must start looking more to the good.
 
Weather is cold and I have to watch how many pills I take.
I can get out bed by myself
dressed by myself
bathroom by myself
walk by myself
wals around by myself
Walk around the apartment building by myself
wash cloths by myself
clean house byself
shopping by myself.
Drive to mailbox by myself
rearrange apartment by myself
get sewing room ready by self

Need to focus on
walk more
walk to office
drive
move boxes
rest'


Medication
1 morphine twice a day
one and half or two for pain during the day
Cancer medication 1 hour before breakfast
stomach medication twice a day


Work on
knee hurting and weak

Weather Rain

Conclusion When weather get cold or wet need brake-thru medication.
June 4 Left leg done
Oct. 4 months.two weeks
Tashia
 
List of things I can do
get out of bed
shower
bathroom
walk
clean house washing
clean house
Shop by myself

Need to focus:
walk more
Get around people
only l nap a day

Medication
Cancer Medication ! hour before breakfast
Morphine twice daily
Break throu as needed
Stomach as needed

I am trying to keep a jounal to help me to focus on the day. I already relized I need to be around people more. If my caregiver doesn't come I don't get out of the apartment which is not healty at all. I sleep a lot today and also had pain. Will have to focus on why pain. I am in depression again. Is it the medication not working or do I need to go and see the doctor. MY daughter called and I shared with her I need to hear from her more often. I NEED A DOG TO WALK and to have a friend in my place. Started a sight on sewing and it was the best because it made me focus on other than pains and surgrey. I can be very hard on myself so must be gentle. Had a lot of surgies in the last couple of years and body is still healing. Must get my messages going. Tomarrow going to get new machine. Need to get help on computer so I can get going on designs. Everyone do take care. Already Thrusday. Wow this week went fast. Need to get something to do on Saturdays. No Bus service on weekends. I hope you all have fun this weekend.
:puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle2: trying to get back on :bicycle1:
 
Hi Tash!

Love that you are keeping this journal. Think I will try it myself. It can give one so much insight. Sounds like you have a plan for what you need and want to do. Sorry about the depression. It can really take over. A dog sounds like a wonderful idea. I can't have one now, right now I could not care for it properly so was thinking I might get a stuffed animal! Get to cuddle without the work.

I, like you, can be very hard on myself. You have the right idea to be gentle with yourself. Just keep reminding yourself of that. That is what I need. Reminders throughout the day.

Have a great day and enjoy that new sewing machine, it sounds awesome.

Love and hugs to you my friend.
 
Oh Tash honey, sorry you are feeling down.. Hang in there honey the depression will pass.. You have been through a lot, be gentle with yourself darling xxxxxxx
 
Had a very bad day. The doctor reduced my dose of medicane and I am now I am in pain big time. the dose I had was just right. He raised it back up with a lecture. I am not corfortable with this. Is there any subjection in what I should do. I have enough for November but I don't like the doctor not trusting my judgement.
Things I can do
Dress myself
Get in out of bed
clean house
empty boxes
walk byself
sew
carry sewing machine
fix meals
shower self
bathroom self

Need to focus
walking more
exercise

Medication
Morphine twice a day 30mil
Break through as needed
Stomach medication as needed
Cancer mediaction as prescribed.

Need to work on
stiffness
sore
exercise for hip injury.
car drive when its safe
be gentle with self.

I find the I want to get off medication so soon that I am setting myself for failure. I don't know who to talk to about it. I need to check to make sure something not wrong because of new pain that is intense. I found that the PT has told me that I am still trying to get over the hip replacement plus the knee so is this the cause for increase of pain? I am very scared to say the least.
Very disappointed that I didn't get my sewing machine. I was just to sore to get moving. I did get to go out for lunch. Need to focus on positive but having trouble. Pain is better. Tashia:bicycle2: trying to get back on:bicycle1:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom