THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Oh Tash, so sorry you are having issues with your pain meds and not feeling as thought your Doctor is listening to you.. I don't pretend to understand your medical system in the US... but you know you have my thoughts, love and prayers... hang in there honey.

Be gentle with yourself, you have had a lot of surgery in the past two years and your cancer to cope with...

you are amazing!
 
Tashia,

Your journey isn't an easy one is it? I am so sorry for your difficulties. I thought I had read in one of your earlier posts that your doctor had prescribed an anti-depressant. Have you had any luck in starting that yet? I have read that these drugs can be really helpful for folks suffering chronic pain. I hope that you can find something soon to help you with the pain. You deserve to feel good and to be happy.

Take care of yourself Tashia. Know that others are listening and do care about you.

Suki
 
That you so much for your posts, Suki and Poppet. I think my pain has to do with the weather, now to get it under control. With the holidays coming up I would like to feel better. Since I don't have family here I was hoping to be able to travel back East for Christmas but I don't know I should even think about it. I was thinking about going to New York but now I don't know because it will be cold and I don't know if it is smart. Just I will have to get back to today and get out of pain. I am going to call my Cancer doctor tomarrow to see if I can get tested to make sure its heading in the right direction. I have been thinking about the anti-depressant I have some concern. When I took it I found burn ing in my shoulders. It was less the next day. I will have to think about it. I first must get my stomach calmed down again before I can think about any more medicane. Good thing about tomarrow is another day that can be much better. Everybody do take care. Life has its up and downs and learning to go with a flow is what life is all about. Have a good weekend. Tashia :bicycle2: trying to get back on :bicycle1:
 
Now I need to look at my journal.
Things I can do
dress
bathroom shower
fix meals
drive a car
walk
wash
house clean
sew


Need to work
hip right
knee left
stomach clam it down


Walk more
Get pain under control
Check about Cancer medication
Sew
take only one nap a day.

I find that on days I don't feel well I have a hard time looking at things I can do. I do know I have two surgies to get over which is a lot. Something great did happen today. I started a monthly delivery of fresh food grown organic. Haven't had any but it sure smells good. I didn't order greens because I wanted just to try it. I have oranges, apples,and some others. It depends whats ripe and fresh. I am excited about it. Everybody do take care and do have a good weekend. Tashia :bicycle2: trying to get back on :bicycle1:
 
What a good idea Tash, I like the idea of getting fresh organic fruit and veggies delivered.. Saves walking the exiles at the supermarket!
 
Poppet hows your back? I did the delivers because I hate grocey shopping and I need to clean up my diet. Take care and do have a good weekend. Love Tashia
 
Thanks for asking Tash, my back has been quite bad today. Luckily, it is my Friday off, so I have been able to rest it, with a hot water bottle
 
Poppet, I will send all the postive waves I can muster to help it. Tashia
 
Today started with a good night sleep. Thank goodness I do get good sleep. I let the medincine off for a while and went for a ride. It felt so good to drive. After I got home I took my medicane and iced. I feel so much better getting out. With the sun shining it helped so much. Now to the Journal
Things I can do
Drive
dress self
in and out of bed
clean apartment
wash
shop
fix meals
sew
travel in airplane
walk with out aid '(WoW)
Walk with limp.


Things I need to focus on
Walking
Right Hip
Left knee

Medicane
Morphine twice a day
Break thru as needed average every 8 hours or more
Cancer medication 1 hour before I eat
Stomach medication as needed

I came to the conclusion that I need to let my medicane wear off so I can have a little drive for phyicial an d mental reason. Have to be very careful not to let the pain get out of control. I looked at my book and found that I am being hard of myself again. I need to slow down and enjoy the Roses. I hate staying in the house. I like being around people and must make sure I get some every day. Took myself out for lunch and was able to pick up prescription. It felt so great to be able to do it. Its funny how the little things in life become so big. I got a letter from my Cancer doctor and he wants to see me. We are going to find the problem. I might be doing something that is causing the problem but don't know what it is. I will have my new sewing machine in 3 days 8 hours. Its going to be a blast. Need to start cleaning apartment so I will be able to move in August. Start now so I won't get into trouble. Can take my time. This way I won't hurt myself. I must put a goal out there and that is moving in August. I need that_ Tashia
 
Hi Tash,

Where are you moving to? So glad you were able to get out and drive. Seems like your journaling is really helping you. Balance can be hard to achieve but you seem to be on the right road to finding what works for you. Can't wait for you to get your new machine. You deserve it!

Hi Sandy, Sorry about your back. I emailed you but don't know if you got it with your computer issues. Hoping the rest this weekend will help the back.

Love and hugs to you both.
 
Tashia

You sound better! More positive. Are you planning a move nearby, maybe to an area with better public transportation and fun things to do within walking distance? Or are you moving far away to a brand new adventure? Either way it is good to have a goal and it is good for our health to work towards the goal, don't you think?

Regards
Suki

Poppet--- so sorry to hear your back is continuing to vex you. I sure hope things improve. Your summer is nearing and I know you are going to play. Want the pain gone, so Poppet can play and play.

Suki
 
Thank you for coming on my site, Suki and Diane. I have for a long time want to move back in the Washington Dc area or back to Az. I have family in the East. Also trasportation is so good there and with all the parks, there is so many places to walk. Both places have worst weather than here where I am now but I don't have family or trasporation here so that is not good at all. Maryland is the state that does have my attention. Trying to find out more stuff about it. Like taxes, cost of living, medical and sewing guilds and stores. I do have admit I don't like to drive in the snow. Also when I lived in those states I was married so moving there by myself is a little scary. My brother in law saids I should go back East for six weeks to stay before I move everything out there. It is a very good idea. But I would have to take my sewing machine of course. Now for my chart.

Things I can do
walk
bathroom
wash cloths
clean apartments
shop
fix dinner
take myself out for dinner
sewing classes
drive

Need to fucus on
Tired Needing at least two naps
Weekness in hip and leg


Medication
Morphine twice daily
break thru=average 8 to 12 hours
stomach medication as needed
Anxiety medication as needed No more than 3 a day.

Need to do
Walk
drive
shop
exercise
sew
try to be more positive.
increase driving distance.

:puppysmooze: Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Started the day after a good sleep.
Things I can do
Walk byself
dress self
clean house
wash
exercise
drive
shop


Things I need to work on
walking
exercise
left knee
right knee
drive
Need to call Cancer doctor for appointment

Pain control
1 morphine twice daily
break thru as needed Every 8 to 12 hours 1 to 2 tables
Tranquiler as needed for anixiety
Cancer pill

Had a very good morning but a a little ruff night. Got new phone. Need to get ready for my new machine tomarrow Really looking forward to it. Need to clean house for new arrival. Everyone take care. And for those you are in the storm. Please take care. Tashia
 
Had a very good day.
Acupucture
walk
shop
dress
get out of bed
drive
start sewing


Need to do
drive
work on hip
work on knee
swim
walk
start planning daily trips with car
pet

Medication
Cancer medication
Morphine twice a day
break thru as needed

Must start thinking of postive things to do.
engage in activities

Now that I can do more things I must do more interaction with people.

Tashia
 
Today is good.
Things I can do
Walk
Sleep all night
shop
drive
clean house


Need to work
walking
exercise
drive


Medication
Morphine twice daily
Break thru three time a day if needed
Cancer medication daily
stomach as needed

I need to work on the apartment.
start the day more positive
my knees are so much better

Hearing Christmas music was really relaxing =.Now trying to decide what I should do next. Spent so much time trying to heal lost dreams. Now need to find them again to start climbing the hill to have them become reality. Everyone take care and do be careful so no one gets hurts. Do have a good weekend. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia,

Great to hear you taking a positive approach to the day. We both know it makes such a difference to our recovery.

Here is a question for you to think about as you look to rebuild your dreams for the future...

"What would you dare to dream if you knew you could not fail?"

Think wildly, write it down and then plan the first step to making those dreams come true.

Thinking of you

Mike
 
Tashia,

You sound good. I'm glad you are looking at starting you days with a more positive view. Sometimes intention is enough.

Find those dreams again Tashia. Everyone deserves to dream.

As for the relaxing music, I'm afraid Christmas music this early makes me a little cranky :gaah: IDon't get me wrong, I love Christmas...just not in early November. Though I am looking at the Christmas catalogs...tee here.

Have a good weekend Tash.

Suki
 
Hey Tashia!

You really didn't deserve that lecture about pain medication. The DEA has really put their foot down regarding over prescribing narcotics. My pain doctor is quite fanatic about it. He will only prescribe a month at a time and drug tests me to make sure I am taking them. His rationale is that he has to make sure the medication he prescribes only goes to his patients and not into the street. Right now my OS is prescribing the narcotics, but I went to see him anyway as he wanted to see how I was doing. He had taken me off my Mobic ( anti inflammatory ) one Month prior to surgery because of the potential for bleeding. I told him I had taken two and would really like to get back on them because they really help the pain. Oh no. I must wait until one month ( at that time 5 more days )after surgery to start. Yes, I do think he has some control issues, but I've gotten used to it.

There are quite a few lawsuits out there right now where people other than the patient are taking the pain medication and suffering adverse effects ( over doseage and death ). The ultimate result is that the prescriber loses his liscence to practice medicine and his/ her livelihood. Really. So telling your doc you took extra pain medication doesn't cut it because the law states the prescriber must know exactly how much medication the patient is taking and why. For all he knows you gave the extra to a friend with a headache.

I know this is difficult because I am a nurse and I felt like I was being treated like a criminal for taking Norco. I did some research on line and talked to several doctors about it. When I confronted my own doctor he said, "you don't look like a drug trafficker, but how would I know?" He has a point there. One provider told me a story about a patient who accused her of not dealing with her pain issues, but when drug tested came back clean. The patient wasn't even taking the prescribed pain medication!

So please don't take this personally. Doctors are being held accountable for what the DEA sees as over prescribing of narcotics. The fact that your doctor gave you another prescription means that he trusts you. Your judgement is fine. You just didn't see his side. Yes, big brother is watching your doctor and he is trying to follow the law.

Hope this helps. I had a hard time with it too until I looked at the big picture. Have a wonderful fall day!
 
Healthyhip12, Thank you for telling me this. I didn't know they had come to this. Now I will just let it roll of my back. I got this doctor after I had a total hip replacement and he didn't know me so this really has been a learning experiece. I can be honest to say I am glad that they are such pills but I will be glad when I don't have to take them. I do have conic pain so it is what it is. Do take care and be safe.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom