THR Tallguy79 recovery<

Hi @tallguy79
Wondering if your feeling any better today, or just the same?
Hoping you got a little sleep last night. If not hope you're able to
sneak in a nap or two today.
Wishing you a peaceful day!
 
I don't think it's unusual to have good days interspersed with bad days, especially if your PT was painful. I have an uptick in pain if I overdo it. Try putting a pillow under your knees to take some stress off your lower back.

I'm 9 days in and beginning to transition to a cane. I still use the walker when I'm fatigued. I've gingerly tried walking a step or so unaided and my body tells me NOPE TOO SOON! It's so hard to be patient when you want to feel better right now!

BTW did your OS tell you to take advil? NSAIDS have something called a COX-2 inhibitor, when can actually slow down bone healing. Can you switch to tylenol arthritis strength instead?
 
No advice, but sincerest best wishes! I know this much pain is exhausting, discouraging, and demoralizing, and you just want it to end - stat! I hope the learned wisdom you're getting from the likes of @Mojo333, @Layla, @Eman85, @Kikki, and the rest is helpful, and that you'll have better days soon.
 
Third night in a row with a lot of pain and limited sleep. Better than the previous two but not by much. Just got a call for PT saying my appointment has been changed to 7:30am Tuesday. darn, that's early. I told him I was still hurting a lot from Fridays PT and he said we would take it easy. Maybe try to walk out to the mail box but skip the leg lifts. Possibly just try out the cane and see how it feels, no pressure.
 
Hi @tallguy79
I'm sorry you're struggling with pain and difficulty sleeping.
Great idea on skipping the leg lifts during your next torture session :heehee: stand firm
on not doing anything that hurts.
You may find it too early for the cane? Then again, maybe not! Let us know how it goes.
Hope you sleep well tonight. :yawn: :sleep:
 
It’s awful when people make early appts. In my case because my mobility is limited it takes an eon to shower, dress, make the bed, feed the animals etc and I simply refuse early appts. Anything before 9.30 to 10 is not going to happen. I figure they are being paid so they can work in with my schedule.
 
Only one week out.
All temporary...wishing you well.:friends:
 
It’s awful when people make early appts. In my case because my mobility is limited it takes an eon to shower, dress, make the bed, feed the animals etc and I simply refuse early appts. Anything before 9.30 to 10 is not going to happen. I figure they are being paid so they can work in with my schedule.

I never make the bed, waste of time. I don't have animals. I like to go to bed when the sun goes down and wake up when it rises this time of year so a 7:30 appt. is fine. I am not allowed to shower until June 5th. That saves time. Hopefully I stink enough that PT wants to leave quick. Haha
 
Gets dark here at 5pm now and not light until after 6am...I’m happy to go to bed dark to dawn too. Winter gives me an excuse. As for not making the bed...couldn’t do it...my OCD would get the best of me. Hope the PT is nice and gentle.
 
Why so long on the shower? I was in the shower the 2nd day home.
 
Why so long on the shower? I was in the shower the 2nd day home.

I don't know. They say the bandage is water resistant but they want me to wait to shower until I take the lasy babdage off on day 15. The nurse comes on day 10 to remove the second bandage and check for infection then place the last bandage. Then I have to leave that on five more days then I can shower. If she thinks everything looks good at 10 days then maybe I can talk her into letting me shower. I will let the wound area air dry.
 
I feel sorry for you. Washing yourself in front of a sink must get old. Especially with a bad leg.
I don't know if I've heard of anyone being advised to wait that long to shower. Seems rather extended.
Not sure if you realize but you can purchase pre-moistened disposable washcloths.
Most likely in any drug sore or dept. There's always good old Amazon to fall back on for home delivery.
Can you tell I have an aversion to you not being able to shower? :heehee:

Hopefully you got some sleep last night and continue to feel better after last weeks PT.
Looks like your next PT is happening within the hour. Let us know how it goes.
A great day to you!
@tallguy79
 
Not showering the last 8 days hasn't been that bad. I shaved my head really short so that's been fine but a few more days and it'll be long enough to feel oily and I don't like that. I'm not doing anything that makes me sweaty or dirty so I can just use a washcloth to wash up a little every other day and that's fine for now.

I did not sleep very well last night. That's 4 nights in a row. Pain at a 6 even with Oxycodone which I will run out of today. Doctors office hasn't gotten back to me yet about a new prescription. I could be hurting even worse tonight. PT will be here any second now and I will be taking it very easy no matter what they say.
 
I'll bet the OS's office gets back to you today about the meds. Probably got put on the back burner with the holiday weekend. I'd call again this morning. You know the dumb old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"
Get squeaky!!

@tallguy79
 
Yes, get squeaky. I had to re-up my prescription authorization every 7 days and get DH to hand deliver paper script to pharmacy and authorize him to do the pickups.
Worth the trouble...few times had to squeak!
Good days ARE coming, Tallguy.
Hang in there!:yes:
 
Interesting, I guess every OS is different. I know when I went to the pre-op class we had patients from 2 OS both in the same office and they both use different bandage techniques. All I had was clear tape and could shower immediately. I showered every day and washed that tape hoping it would come off as it itched and pulled.
Sorry to hear you're having so much pain. I guess some states limit the # of pills, not here in TN they give 100 at a time! Around here you can go to the shopping mall parking lot and buy all you want without a scrip!
 
Sorry to hear you're having so much pain. I guess some states limit the # of pills, not here in TN they give 100 at a time! Around here you can go to the shopping mall parking lot and buy all you want without a scrip!

I got 60 Oxycodone the first time and i'm hoping they will give me another 60 and that that will be all I need.
 
PT is finished. Basically just talked for most of the appointment but we did walk to the mailbox and do a few steps with the cane in the house. Started getting sore pretty fast in upper thigh. He didn't seem too happy that I wasn't doing any exercises. He doesn't think the leg lifts are too aggressive but they sure did cause me a lot of pain for several days. I called the doctors office to get more pain pills. Hopefully I get a call soon saying the paper copy is ready to pick up so my Mom can get it and take it to pharmacy. I should be getting my next dose in 2 hours.
 
I don't know what the answer is if you have to fullfil these sessions because of Workers Comp.
How many sessions do you have left?
I'd tell Mr PT that you'll only be doing the bare minimum and if it hurts you're not doing it.
Ask him if you can go on walks together for your 30 mins, or however long your sessions are.
Maybe others will have some ideas.
I hate to see you in what we refer to here as the ODIC - the Over Did It Club.
No fun....as you already know.
@tallguy79
 
I don't know what the answer is if you have to fullfil these sessions because of Workers Comp.
How many sessions do you have left?
I'd tell Mr PT that you'll only be doing the bare minimum and if it hurts you're not doing it.
Ask him if you can go on walks together for your 30 mins, or however long your sessions are.
Maybe others will have some ideas.
I hate to see you in what we refer to here as the ODIC - the Over Did It Club.
No fun....as you already know.
@tallguy79

I have PT in-home twice a week for 3 weeks then go to out patient until they clear me. Could be a week could be three months. It seems like he is going to work on more 'function' than 'exercises' during out sessions and just expect me to do the exercises on my own. On Friday he plans on working with me to do my 12 steep stairs to the basement where my bedroom is. That's way better than leg raises. I am really hoping to be able to get down to my bedroom in the basement before the next heat wave comes. I think I used for AC in the last 5 days than in any full Summer because I was stuck on the main level.
 
Back
Top Bottom