Guest viewing is limited

THR Tallguy79 recovery<

You’re not the first person who’s noticed improvement over the course of their second year. I am happy for you that you’ve continued to make progress and there may still be more to come. My surgeons PA once reminded me that a prosthetic hip will never match our natural hip, but can get pretty close. I have minor issues also that I live with because I feel 99% better and if that’s as good as it gets, I’ll take it to be rid of that horrendous pre-op pain. The mileage you’re putting in on your bike sounds fantastic! As far as work goes, whatever works for you and makes you happy is the way to go. Take care and stop by and update once in awhile if time allows. All the best to you! :wave:
@tallguy79
 
Hey @tallguy79
I noticed you stopped by the forum. How are you doing 4+ years post op? It's been a long time! I hope you're doing well and things slowly improved for you over the last couple of years.
Wishing you a nice Autumn season. :wave:
 
Not much has changed. I have continued having problems with chronic pain. I can't walk very far without a big increase in pain that can last several days so I have to take it easy. I can't do any full time job but can't get SS disability so it's tough. I am doing occasional contract work and gig work and just living very cheap. I am able to bike for exercise with much less pain than from walking although I still had to take 2 weeks off twice this Summer due to excessive pain. Not looking forward to snow shoveling as that is the most difficult of all household chores but at least I don't have a job I have to go to 5 days a week so I don't have to shovel very often. I'm hanging in there but it's not pleasant. This is just the new normal.
 
I am sorry things haven't improved much for you. Hopefully you don't get a lot of snow this Winter, but living in the Upper Mid-West, that is unlikely. I hope you're able to find help if you need it. Wishing you more good days than bad. Take care.
@tallguy79
 
Sorry to hear you still have pain. Not having a job has it's perks but in my case I retired, hopefully you'll either get your SSD or find a job that you can make work for you. I would do research and see if you can find someone to take an interest in your pain.
 
Back
Top Bottom