THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Aaah @Tomgirl, neither SO nor myself are cricket fans. We prefer rugby or boxing. And unfortunately the sofa is out for me; it is waaaaaay too low.
Hope you, too, are continuing to see progress. Every day I’ll have a moment where I realise “oh, hey, I couldn’t do that yesterday”... [emoji253]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes @Susan209 things still going good, hope to have a little walk outdoors this morning but it's all frosty so might give it a miss, hope frost will be gone this afternoon. Would love some sunshine right now. We like the rugby too, didn't see any of it last weekend but I hear it was good!! Hope you have a good weekend.
 
Well, I guess it had to happen eventually; things were just going too smoothly.
Didn’t sleep well last night; was awake every hour. Am also feeling more tightness through leg/hip/butt; putting that down to reduced pain meds and/or increased activity. Yesterday I spent more time sitting in my chair and pottering than lying in bed and elevating.
Anyway, managed to knock my coffee cup over this am and spilled it onto the (pale grey) curtains, and absolutely lost it. [emoji24] SO was really sweet about it and then started joking, too, which made things worse.
I had just calmed down when he got a call from a friend with an invite to attend the Australian Open Golf tournament, but turned it down because he doesn’t want to leave me alone. Lost it again... [emoji24]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Aww, Sue...your guy sounds so sweet. You're lucky!
Your post reminded of one I read about a month ago where a woman was basically giving her hubby
high praise. She mentioned all he was doing for everyone as she was incapacitated. She followed up her description of his actions by saying:
-Oh gosh, I've just fallen for him again (cries) -
It was funny, cute sweetness all rolled into one heartwarming sentence.

There can be some curves in the road in this crazy recovery. Hopefully this weekend will be better.
Wishing you pain relief and some sound sleep :yawn: :sleep:
@Susan209
 
I had some major meltdowns...one over a water bottle cap that rolled under the China cabinet I couldn't get to.
I also tried to sneak out of bed so as not to wake overtired hubby, and get a drink and the whole inside rack came loose from fridge door and scattered condiments across kitchen floor. I cried for an hour....
Major surgery evokes major emotional swings.
Hope today is better.
 
Hello lovely Bonesmarties,
I must have gotten a decent nights sleep, as I can’t remember waking up for my 2am pain meds (I did take them; I have an app keeping track of what I take, when to take it, and how many pills I should have left). The little cat woke me at 6am for food, but I went back to sleep again.
So the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes sure helped. Thank you!
The support on here is unbelievable. I mostly use the app, but on a whim logged in via the internet today. 180 notifications! Wow.
 
Wondering if anybody else had dizzy spells?
I’ve been sitting in my chair in the lounge for meals for a few days now, and have been doing the dishes after (one of the few things I can do, so I insist). My meds have been unchanged for two days, too.
Yet this morning after sitting down from doing the dishes, I got shaky and then really dizzy. Called SO for help and he got me to bed just in time; was starting to see white spots.
Had a cup of tea with a little sugar and starting to feel better. *puzzled*
 
Possibly low blood sugar? It can make one shaky.
 
I had some spells...major surgery, blood loss, meds....it reminded me to be careful for a bit as I had to call for help one late night coming back from restroom. Not many and went away quickly also.
Just recovery junk...made me stay with my walker even when I felt I could do without.
Don't want to fall down and go boom.:no-fin:
 
Thank you guys.
Was confused about this as I’ve been doing ok. It was very random. And yes, @MammaT , I think it probably was low blood sugar as the sweet tea did stop the shakes.
 
Hi @Susan209 sorry to hear you had tough couple of days, I suppose we have to be prepared to get them now and then, but they certainly make the good days feel extra special. I've just read your post about SO getting invite to the Australian Open ( hubby and I keen on the golf) when you were feeling a bit weepy, I knew I shouldn't have done it but couldn't help myself.......I asked hubby what he'd do if he got the same invite as your SO..... his very quick response was something on the lines of ' Oh hun I wouldn't even think of going to Australia while you are still recovering but hey if the invite was to a big comp in UK or Europe then just maybe' He was joking he added very quickly.
Never had the shakes before, nor was warned about them. Back to taking each day as it comes. But I think we are doing very well. Easy does it. Take care.
 
I would say call your doctor office on Monday @Susan209 just to be sure be on dizzy .. could be your BP jumping around don't assume you know.... doctor ... Hugs
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl, I think it probably is my BP, but might also be from cutting down on the Endone? Withdrawal symptoms perhaps? Probably should call GP...
Yes, @Tomgirl, my sister dropped by yesterday and was impressed with how I was doing. I only notice little improvements, but I hadn’t seen her in a week and she said the difference was astounding. :)
She changed my dressing for me (she’s a nurse, wasn’t sure how SO would go if asked to do this) and also shaved my legs for me. *bliss* Had a lovely afternoon with her, and SO got a little break.
I started working from home today and must say, I was surprised how well I managed. Will see tomorrow if it was too much.
Happy Monday all


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Less than 2 weeks since you had new hip joint and stem inserted...
You are doing well....
Slow and steady wins the race....
 
Hi Sue @Susan209
Hope you're feeling well and haven't experienced any more dizzy spells. Scary I'll bet :yikes:
Back to work already! Good for you....but take it slow.
Hopefully in working from home you won't over do it.
Best wishes for a great week of continued recovery :flwrysmile:
 
I'm so jealous you got your sister to shave your legs! My sister came over yesterday but she wasn't doing any of that. On second thoughts don't know how much I would trust her with a razor and MY legs. But she did some housework stuff for me so that was good. I've started doing some work too, but just say at the desk for the odd 20 minutes now and then just catching up on routine stuff. And it is so nice to get up and away from the desk too. Hope your dizzy spells are over.
 
Back
Top Bottom