Guest viewing is limited

THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Great for home. :tada:
That log leg feeling was weird...like brain says, come on up here, and leg says...um, no. Walking was OK but
My right one made me put it up and down in car and to bed.
Healing hugs to you.
Temporary....think temporary.
And Congrats in no digestive stoppage...that was a horrid problem for me.
Keep drinking even if it does cause those annoying trips to the restroom always when you just get somewhat comfy.
 
Congrats on getting home. I found being around my stuff helped much more than hospital. Roller coaster may continue but the hills become less steep.
 
so good to be home eh? My log leg kicked in first night I was home and had awful problems trying to get out of bed - esp for bathroom. Next night I slept with pillow under knees and that's made a big difference with movement ever since. Honest it does get better. Take care.
 
Oh yes, @Tomgirl, home is wonderful. [emoji4]
I must say, the hospital, the staff etc. was great (ok, the food not so much), and I somehow managed to get a single room although I wasn’t a private patient. [emoji106]
Glad I had to stay the five nights; there’s no way I would have been ok at home after just a day or two.
The car ride home was tough; despite the seat being pushed all the way back and being made of leather (nice and slippery), I struggled to bend my leg far enough to get in. [emoji37]
Settled on the bed for the afternoon and then sat outside on the balcony with SO for dinner; he makes an outstanding spaghetti bolognese. Unfortunately my tastebuds have been off; everything is too salty/sour/sweet and the Endone is giving me wicked heartburn.
Returned to bed and retired around 9.30pm. Our Tuxie stayed close by, but the little cat, Tom, ignored me.
Interrupted sleep with lots of trips to potty, and Tom decided we were friends again at 2 am. [emoji4]
Woke at 7.30 am and feeling rather refreshed. SO made me coffee and breakfast in bed and I’m ready to take on the day. [emoji16]
Happy Tuesday Hippies


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have a question in regards to my meds @Josephine. If that’s ok?
Hospital/OS have put me on
-Aspirin Cartia 100mg once daily for six weeks
-Tapentadol Slow Release 200mg twice daily - 400mg total
-Docusate 50mg with Sennoside B 8mg two tablets twice daily 200/32mg total
-Endone 15mg every two hours to a max of 18 tablets (that’s the equivalent of a box a day?!?)
I was getting the Endone 4 times a day 15mg each whilst in hospital; every two hours seems an awful lot.
Would you have a suggestion in regards to this?
I’m currently sticking to the routine for Aspirin, Docusate and Tapentadol, but have carried on taking the Endone 4 times daily spaced out in six hour intervals. 2am-8am-2pm-8pm
Resting and with ice I’m a 0-1, getting up/sitting down around 6, walking 4-5.
Many thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yahoo for HOME!
It's so much more peaceful and quiet than the hospital.
You were such a good sleeper in the hospital I can only imagine how much more rest you'll get in your own bed.
What a guy you have, Sue. Prepping you a wonderful meal then dining al fresco. Breakfast in bed the next morning. Lucky you! Hope your Tuesday is wonderful and your pain well managed....you're doing great!
@Susan209
 
Glad to catch up with you @Susan209; I am pre-op this Wed. plus more blood work. Surgery the following Tuesday. Tough start there for you; glad your third day was a good one and you are up. Taking your own time is crucial and you are doing it well with good spirit. You're an inspiration for me. I will continue to follow your progress. You must be excited to have broken past that period of nausea. You did it! Truly on the other side. Good for you. Enjoy your progress but take those naps. They sound pretty yummy!
 
Oh, dear. My apologies @Josephine. Just wondering if carrying on taking the meds how I am at the moment is appropriate in your opinion? Or would you recommend taking higher doses in order to get the pain levels lower than they currently are?
Much appreciated


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, @Layla, my SO is wonderful. [emoji7] And imagine, we met at a boxing gym about 6 years ago. I was his trainer. [emoji854]
Op day wasn’t bad, @zinnia, but I will admit the following two days were tough. It just took a while to find the right pain meds for me. Didn’t help that I’m allergic to Paracetamol and Ibuprofen, and intolerant to Meloxicam. Tramadol, Fentanol ? and even Morphine simply didn’t work. And made me sick.
All good now. [emoji4] I’m currently having a very pleasant Tuesday.
Thank you for the kind messages [emoji253]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So good to hear your have the meds sorted @Susan209 they make a big difference. WOW you were SO's boxing trainer, not many couples can say that. Hubby was my Boss for a brief time about 35 years ago. Annual appraisals were fun! Hope you continue to have a very pleasant week.
 
Hi Sue @Susan209
You met him at a boxing gym as his trainer.
Well......you've trained him well. He sounds like a keeper Lol!
So happy your recovery has calmed down. Now..easy does it.
It will get better week by week.
Wishing you a great day!
 
Aspirin Cartia 100mg once daily for six weeks
This is just a low dose aspirin used as an anti-coagulant. I know people who have been on it for years!
Tapentadol Slow Release 200mg twice daily - 400mg total
Tapentadol is also known as Nucynta or Nucynta ER and is very similar to Tramadol.. Tapentadol is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic. Tapentadol is used to treat moderate to severe chronic pain. Side effects can include nausea, vomiting, constipation, fatigue, dizziness, sleepiness, drowsiness and
dry mouth.
Docusate 50mg with Sennoside B 8mg two tablets twice daily 200/32mg total
Docusate, also known as docusate salts or dioctyl sulfosuccinate, is a laxative of the stool softener type used to treat constipation. It is considered a good choice where there are hard faeces.
Endone 15mg every two hours to a max of 18 tablets (that’s the equivalent of a box a day?!?) I was getting the Endone 4 times a day 15mg each whilst in hospital; every two hours seems an awful lot.
Telling me 'two boxes' is pointless as I don't know how many there are in a box!
The generic name is oxycodone which is a very commonly used pain med. No more than 40mg of a single dose of controlled release oxycodone or daily doses totalling more than 80mg in a day should be taken. Your total per 24hrs appears to be 270mg which is excessive. I think you should discuss this with your surgeon and see about changing to Tramadol.
 
One week anniversary. [emoji512]
Every day seems to be a little better than the day before. I’m already noticing small improvements. Sitting on the edge of the bed, or my special chair, or even the toilet, is easier today than it was yesterday. Swelling also has gone down some. [emoji16] And my SO noted that I’m not walking like a robot anymore. [emoji880]
Happy Wednesday all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:happyfeet:happy dance for things looking up.
You've got this, girl.
 
Great news, Sue @Susan209
Being home really seems to help recovery. It's so much more peaceful and relaxing.
So your guy doesn't think the robot walk is hot? :heehee:
Wishing you a great Thursday:flwrysmile:
 
@Layla, no, I don’t think so.
But he’s being so wonderful and supportive. Insists on making me breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Keeps telling me to be careful and makes sure I don’t overdo. I could keep going on... [emoji4]
Improving little by little every day. I’m surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad it's all good news, I think you and SO should snuggle up on the couch and watch The Ashes.
 
Back
Top Bottom