Guest viewing is limited

THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Oh Susan, glad to hear things are improving, my aim today is also the shower and hair wash, sounds tiring just typing it but I know it will help. We need to take things slow. Hope you have a good day.
 
I'm glad you have your sister and partner's support.
I know I, and many others, have had that "what in the world have I done?"
Also memories of all that horrid pre-op pain were distancing themselves while dealing with the shock of surgery.
How glorious it was when I finally was physically able to walk on my own and was able to split the surgery pain away and realize...My Hip PAIN is GONE! This is all temporary! Yay.
We are rooting for you, hang in there:roseshwr:
 
Glad things are improving @Susan209 -that first shower is a wonderful thing! I remember my progress being slow and steady--I had the nausea afterwards and it was definitely no fun. Rest, walk as you are able. Just make sure to sit up for a few and make sure no dizziness before standing! In hospital for 5 days! They do that for almost nothing in the states. Enjoy being taken care of!
 
Thank you all for your encouraging words. It means so much!
It’s 2 am here and I woke up for potty. Decided I may as well also walk a lap whilst up. Still very slow going... [emoji222]
Got to take a peek at my X-rays. Hoping I’ll get a copy soon. [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Susan209
It sounds as though all is improving for you.
You had a bit of a rough start. Once discharged you will feel so much better
having the nausea, dizziness / BP fluctuations, first shower and constipation relief behind you.
Everything feels better once you're settled in at home.
Best wishes for a peaceful relaxing day!
 
Another great sleep. Woke up once more after my 2 am amble, then slept again until 7.30 am. [emoji42]
My sister popped in this morning and brought us breakfast, so I had company and a proper coffee. [emoji4]
Just had my first shower in 5 days, and isn’t that a fantastic feeling. [emoji371] The little things...
Now for a spot of lunch and then SO will be visiting.
A nice Sunday to all of you out there! [emoji846]



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Urgh. What a roller coaster ride.
Currently feels like a downhill looping. Back to being nauseous and dizzy, am having reflux from one (or both) of the painmeds, no BM and still not pain free. [emoji37] Meh. Hoping tomorrow will be better. Want to go home.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Recovery is definitely a roller coaster ride. Just hold on tight!
[Bonesmart.org] Susan209 - not new, but improved
 
Yes I think most of us can empathise! Hopefully you’ll get a good nights sleep and tomorrow will be a better day.
 
Healing hugs going your way. Once I got home, I nibbled on cold grapes for the first week as my appetite was not so great. They were cold and easy to prop in a cup on my lap....
This is the rough stuff...it does get better.:roseshwr:
 
The best part of the first few days is getting them behind you. The Percocet I was taking really backed me up :flabber:
So drink lots of fluids. Yes you'll hav to pee a lot buts it's a good thing. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger and brighter.
 
Thank you for your kind words.
Drinking not a problem for me, but eating still is. I’m just not hungry. Might try the frozen grapes when I get home. [emoji846]
Fingers crossed I’ll get the all clear to go home on Monday.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:fingersx: Hospitals make me sick, too.
Hang in there....It is a pretty miserable time of it at first...
Plenty of sympathy here, Sue.
It does get better:loveshwr:
 
Hope you can get home on Monday Sue, even though I wasn't too bad in hospital it was just wonderful to be home. Slept better, food better, and just a great sense of relief it was done. I'm still up to the eyeballs with tablets but feel no pain and movement is good. Hang on in there......home soon. Sending loads of positive vibes.
 
Aww Sue, @Susan209
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well again. How awful! I sure hope things have improved by now. While it's only Sunday afternoon here I think it's early hours Monday in Australia.
Sure hope all has settled enough that you can go home today. It will get better once you're there....promise! Sending love along with wishes that today embraces you like a warm hug! :loveshwr:
 
Good morning all,
thanks for the wise words. It helps immensely knowing that what I’m going through is quite normal.
On a lot of pain meds (or so I have been told), but not 100% pain free and leg still not cooperating. [emoji53] Surgeon is happy; it’s up to physio if I can go home or not.
On the bright side, I had BM last night and had another good sleep, interrupted by only two potty breaks. [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
New day, new me. [emoji16]
Did notice that one of my pain killers has been dropped, but managing most of the time.
Physio took me for a spin on the walking frame, went to two sticks, did stairs, onto one stick and off home after lunch. [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom