THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Hey @Tomgirl, it was so lovely of her and I felt so much better afterwards.
Went for a slooooow walk around the courtyard in the afternoon. Was nice to get outside. Especially with the nice weather we are currently enjoying here in Sydney.
Did feel a little shaky late in the afternoon. Hope this stops soon. :/ Could have been the smaller than usual lunch.
And when I went to sit down for dinner the cat moved and I tripped. *ouch* Don’t think I did any damage, but my, did it scare me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
No falling down and going boom.
Not allowed:bignono:
I had a few trip scares myself. Actually my SO still gets paranoid about it when I'm not being as careful as he thinks I should be.
Plus, he knows I'm a klutz.
Hope today is a Good Day.
 
Hi Sue,
You found a good one......That SO of yours is definitely a keeper.
Wishing you a great day :SUNsmile: :loveshwr: :flwrysmile:
@Susan209
 
Just realised today is two weeks from that day. :) Sentiment: grateful. To SO for putting up with me when I was grumpy prior to surgery and for looking after me since; to my sister for visiting me every day in hospital and giving up her Friday evening to be with me, amongst other things; my parents for calling every day; everyone here for their support and knowledge. Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Onward and upward....hang in there.:froggies:
 
Hi @Susan209 yes 2 weeks ago today we were still in the pre op bit. It was good there but oh so much better here. So glad it's done and like you have people to give my special thanks to, apart from all the BS folk. Have a good day Susan we are getting there.
 
Getting there indeed. Slowly, but steadily, better every day.
Ditched my pain meds last night and feeling better for it and hurting less than when I was taking them. Go figure.
 
Happy 2 week anniversary!!! That's wonderful you're doing okay off the pain meds. So I just needed to comment on how wonderful a sister you have to shave your legs for you. Omgosh I am so furry and though hubby doesn't mind in the slightest, I feel like an wooly mammoth. So now I'm thinking I may try to rope one of my besties into giving it a go for me. I mean, there's a long history of things we've done for each other over the decades....fib to parents about sleepovers so one could go to the party they weren't supposed to go to, holding hair while other pukes from too many wobbly pops, dog sitting her monstrosity of a dog, clearing the lice infestation out of my daughters hair after her daughter gave it to her, that time I helped her do laundry after the GI pukehurricane swept through her house leaving noone untouched. Ya, I think shaving my legs for me could work. Hehehe
 
On a side note, I’m a little sore tonight, but nothing major and nothing a bit of ice can’t fix.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad things are going well @Susan209. Ditching pain meds can help us feel a bit better (probably because our heads get clearer). I found that when I cut down during the day (or didn't take) after a couple of weeks, I would still benefit from a pill occasionally at night of after a very strenuous period. Don't feel bad if you need to do so-you will know when nothing is needed.
 
Glad you are doing well. Onward and upward.:yay:
 
It's good when we know what will fix current sore bit, ie when ice will work or a tablet needed. I still rely on a afternoon nap just to keep things at bay, that's my excuse anyway. The past 2 weeks have been a bit of a learning curve.....but we learnt. I envy your sunshine, we have snow.
 
Great two week anniversary post @Susan209
You are lucky you have such attentive loved ones.
You'll be amazed at how quickly recovery progresses, the weeks seem to turn into months in a flash.
Keep it up! :loveshwr:
 
Well, @MammaT I did give in around 9 pm last night, and took one tablet. I was getting very sore and very grumpy. Pill and an early night seemed to do the trick, at least for the uncomfortable feeling in my hip/leg/butt.
Still grumpy today, and just over being slow, not being able to help much around the house, constantly needing assistance, always dropping stuff (I swear, I normally don't drop this many things...)... Off to find a quiet corner to pout/sulk for a bit. :blackcloud:
 
@Tomgirl I wouldn't mind a bit of snow right now. Yes, it's warm and sunny, but also humid and I'm over being hot and bothered. Just sitting in chair or lying on bed has me sweating. Despite the fan being on high. *meh* I'll send you some sunshine...
 
I hope you enjoy your pout! I find a bit of one is just what I need at times. I think I read Josephine saying that the muscle tightness and soreness is pain (for some reason I didn't equate it). I found the pill at night to be helpful for a bit. Then you just forget to take them and it's all good. Hope you can get cool. While we don't have snow, it is the start of winter here. Very damp and dark today. Better day tomorrow!
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom