Guest viewing is limited

THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

oh yes please send a bit of sunshine, I'm tired of the winter already and still got ages to go. Lights needed at about 3.30pm Have a good weekend Susan
 
Warmth, sunshine and a little chocolate doesn't sound bad to me.
I'm with you though, Sue I don't like it too hot either.
Good to hear your recovery is coming along well.
Hope you have a great weekend!
 
Very quiet day here. SO did housework and then the shopping. Been pouring here all day long, so jumped at the opportunity of a trip to Officeworks whilst it eased off a little. Highlight of my day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Small outings are good-even a short time out can lift our mood!
 
Hi Sue,
Loved those trips out of the house early on. I felt like such a big girl, lol!
In addition there was a new appreciation for some of those outings that I'd previously took
for granted or found extremely boring :yawn:
Hoping your weekend is good :flwrysmile:
@Susan209
 
So here’s SO at his best.
Whilst at Officeworks, SO bought me an ID badge reel. Why, you ask (as did I)? Clip one end to your clothing and the other to the wrist strap on your cane (provided you have one), and hey presto, no more dropping your cane. Works beautifully.
Happy Sunday all


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great tip. Yep, I dropped everything twice. So annoying!​
 
Hah, well, I kept dropping my cane when I was in the kitchen. And of course every time it landed in the cats' water bowl... Water everywhere, slippery, me stuck until SO mopped the floor, meowing cat that suddenly needed a drink... :rofsign:
Had my two week check today, which was really a waste of time. An hour return trip in the car to the hospital, over an hour wait, just for a registrar to rip off my dressing and steristrips, glance at my hip and say "come back in four weeks". Pffffft.
 
Oh, so SO asked the registrar about PT. Registrar said to wait until 6 week appointment and then only if I'm still using the cane and/or limping. Works for me...
On a side note, am incredibly tired and bored today, but don't know why. Have had the most fabulous nights (10.30 pm to 8 am) the last few nights, occasionally woken by a cat demanding food at 4.30 am, but go straight back to sleep after tending to His Highness. Not on more or less meds, either. And working, but bored at the same time. Weird... :thud:
 
So glad you are doing well! I hear you on being bored! But we got to go out and have some fun this past weekend, so now I’m placated for awhile! I actually should be cleaning my house right now, but putting it off.
I’m glad they aren’t forcing you to go to PT... I start outpatient PT tomorrow and I’m hoping they can help with my limp although I know it just takes time for that IT band and gluteus medius to heal. The limp is improving but just very annoying!
 
Hi @Susan209
It sounds like an uneventful two week check up.
Wow...you are getting some good sleep in :sleep:
I recall boredom setting in after a couple weeks. You're starting to feel considerably better but still
rather trapped. It was around that time I started fantasizing about getting in my car again. I received the okay at 3 weeks as I was off heavy narcotics. Surprisingly I waited a bit longer before I drove. Knowing I had permission took the edge off I guess. Before you know it you'll be on your own running out for groceries etc.
That will help with the boredom of being tied to the home in early recovery.
Hope you have a good week!
 
Hi @Stonewall , oh, outpatient PT has been calling every week as to why haven't I come in yet. I just keep telling them OS said to wait for 6 week check...
OS said no driving until he's seen me at 6 week check, @Layla , but that doesn't bother me as I very rarely drive here in Sydney anyway. Road rage, anybody? No thank you. I generally get around by public transport. Or walking. Very soon I'll be walking again. :yes!:
We are having a couple of friends over on Friday for a non-traditional early Xmas, so that will be nice. Not sure where I'll hide if/when I get tired, though. Oh, well. And the week after is my work Xmas, which I want to attend for an hour or two. :reindeerlights:
 
Back
Top Bottom