THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Yay for sleep! :yay:
Hopefully they bring you something super yummy for your poor tummy.
Best wishes on you getting up for a bit...
Sorry you experienced a rough start. It's all going to get better.
In a couple days this will just be a blip on the screen.
Sending a hug your way :loveshwr:
@Susan209

Feeling so much better today.
My sister popped in and brought me breakfast, which was really nice. [emoji4]
Currently waiting for pain meds, and then will try and get up.
Physio tried to get me to do bed exercises yesterday, which I refused; was way to sore and also think I have log leg. Can move my foot, but everything else isn’t cooperating at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I remember good old log leg. Strangest feeling.
Bravo on the sleep. Sixteen hours! You slept enough for two nights, that is awesome.
You'll be home in no time :yay:
@Susan209

Feeling accomplished in the sleep department.
Getting up, not so much. Good that the physio was paying attention. I managed to get out of bed, shuffle five steps to the chair and sit down. Then I fainted. [emoji849] Stupid blood pressure...
We shall try again this afternoon.

When standing up is an achievement and a workout at the same time. [emoji3]
No walking yet, but then, there’s tomorrow for that.

Be sure you are drinking plenty of fluids. This BP thing will settle. Sometimes meds contribute, but it can also be your body's reaction to surgery. Don't feel rushed to move around. We don't want any falls!

These first days are hard. We are thinking of you.
Try not to worry...this too shall pass.:console2:

:hi: @Susan209

"Not to spoil the ending,
but everything is going to be OK"

I read that caption online today (elsewhere)
I think I might wear it out on Bone Smart
You get the first honors, my friend, because you've had a rough start...
I love it because it's true!
I hope today is better than yesterday :loveshwr:

Last edited:
@Susan209
It WILL get better!!! I was exactly where you were a week ago... not nearly as nauseous BUT those darn blood pressure issues were present non the less.
Now, a week later, I’m off the walker with very minimal pain (it’s muscular at this point) and feeling like a million dollars. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to toot my own horn, but I was there.... recovery goes fast.
Prayers for continued healing!

Thank you all for your kind words and support. It is so reassuring to know there’s people going through the exact same thing.
Seems 2-3 am is currently one of the times I just am awake, but BS sure helps pass the time. [emoji16]

Surgery day (Wednesday) was ok, and when I got to my room, my partner and sister were there for me.
By Thursday morning the nerve block in my leg and the spinal had worn off, but the pain relief I was given wasn’t helping. Getting post-op X-rays was no fun at all. This was the day I seriously questioned why I did this; lots of pain, very dizzy, nauseous, fatigued...
But yesterday (Friday) things slowly improved, as the pain meds seems to be starting to do their job. Pain levels are now a 2-3, which I can handle. Unfortunately blood pressure still all over the place, so I fainted on my first attempt at standing up. Tried again in the afternoon and did much better. Still not walking, though. [emoji222]
My dear sister (a nurse herself) spent her Friday evening with me, gave me a sponge bath, changed my sheets and had dinner with me.
Some colleagues from work will be coming to visit Saturday (plus SO and my sister) so already have something to look forward to. [emoji16] Company is nice, as I just can’t concentrate on reading or tv.
Time for a snooze [emoji42]

If I recall correctly you are in the hospital for 5 days anyway, so perhaps it's good to have the extra time to recover with lots of eyes on you. I'll be pushed out after 2 days unless I'm really unable to do anything.

Sounds like you are making progress, even if it's slower than you'd like. Much patience needed!

Oh I feel for you! I found that very early stage really hard. I sent a pm to Mojo in the wee small hours early on. I was feeling so awful and scared. Her support was wonderful! It really isn’t too far away when you’ll be feeling better.

Thank you @Gretel.
Yes, 5 nights @jaydub63, and I think I will need that time. Unfortunately I’m not a patient person... [emoji849] Working on it.

Day 1 and day 2 were rough. Today is day 3 and I had a good one.
Physio came around late morning and got me up and then “walking”. [emoji222][emoji222][emoji222] Being able to walk meant my catheter got removed (well, yanked out, really [emoji37]) and I can go potty myself. Now just need a BM.
Both my partner and my sister visited as well as two colleagues from work. The bunch of flowers is gigantic. [emoji4]
Goal for tomorrow: a proper shower.
A good day/night to you all

Glad you had a good day. You will enjoy the shower!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back