Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well, I started by boiling that sucker out several times with the hydrogen peroxide! Wanted any last bug saliva outta there! Then I have been hitting it with the iodine! My Mom just came to visit today, I was at her house the night before last when she last saw it, and she is very pleased! :happydance: Yep, closets are favorite places, but as I have read once you have been bitten by a Brown Recluse you are 10 times more likely than the avg. person to be bit again. They leave some identification behind. I tried to tell my hubby it was because I am so darned sweet! :rotfl:
 
Sonja,

I just don't know what else you could possibly come up with at this point in time. :thud: That's why you are such a big asset to the Bonesmart community. You have been there and done just about everything. You are able to help everyone out with their problems, because you have had them all.

Seriously, do try to keep yourself safe!
Well, thank you Teresa! :happydance:

When I came to BoneSmart, I was looking for information, just like everyone else! Who knew that God had other plans for me? I have been so grateful for the support, and encouragement I have received through the years. I love to give encouragement in return, because God has brought me through way too much to feel sorry for myself and it lifts me up and glorify's Gods mercy that I am where I am today! :angel:
 
Goodness sakes, now I am not sure I want to go to Texas for the wedding that I am planning on attending. I do not want to get bitten by one of your Brown Recluse Spiders. Well I guess if it happens I will know what to do because you have already trod that path and figured out the remedy for me... Thanks for doing that for us just in case we ever need to know. You are so wonderful to have been there and done that and shared. (((((hugs))))) Keep on getting better, and sharing so that we don't have to try everything that you do... lol
 
By the way Teresa, I do have my down days! When I reread that it sounded like I was "knighting myself for sainthood", and I am far from a saint! LOL:rotfl:

Thank you Judy. Sometimes going back to the basics just works better than a lot of conventional medicine!:happydance:

BJ, while you are here, I will tell all of those nasty Recluse Spiders that you are from PA and that will make them leave you alone. They are used to biting "southerners":heehee:
 
Well, BJ,

I'm not saying they think people from the north taste "nasty," I think they are just too busy chewing on "us sweetheart southerners!" :rotfl:
 
Sheesh ...I don't check on you for two days and look what happens ! I'm not a good one to talk...but please do try to be dull for once..

and I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's friend. Another reminder about perspective and how lucky we are to be here, bruised and battered though we might be.
 
Me thinks I should use my brain more efficiently when talking and listening to a PA also! :headbang:

Dr. Reuben's male PA was brilliant in diagnosing C-Diff. He wrote a two week prescription for it and Bactrim, and I will need Bactrim for life. I called Dr. Rueben's office for a refill, and the nurse contacted me asking about the "tummy" problems. I told her that they had improved a lot until about 3 days ago, when the old familiar signs reappeared. Carla, the PA of Dr. Maale's that I think should have gone on to be a doctor, called me back within 10 minutes and asked if I was taking the probiotics with the antibotics at the same time! I said yes, that is what the other PA said to do, and she explained that the pro and anti were waging a war in my stomach, making the antibotic ineffective. She said to wait 4 hours to take any sort of probiotic, eat yogurt etc! Well, something else learned so the rest of you don't have to go through it! I feel like crud, but she assured me in a couple of days I would feel good again! :happydance:

As a side note the recluse bite gets smaller every day! :happydance:
 
Hello Poppet!

I am studying Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation. Maybe then I can deal with my alter-ego! :rotfl: :rotfl: ! Thanks for stopping by, and come join us anytime! We love to laugh! :heehee:

Sounds very interesting.. a very useful skill in society nowadays ....

Yep, back for some more laughter and interaction... Bit quiet on the "hippie" side...

Going to read your journey from the beginning, but getting a coffee and chocolate first

xx from "hippie land"
 
Sonja, I was going to do a special spiders and snakes pic for you----but just tooooooooo creeeeepy for me. I will appreciate it greatly if you keep all those "friends" with you in Texas. Glad you got that taken care of right away and knew what to do about it. You just can't stay out of trouble, girl----what do you do with a girl named Sonja? Just love her, I guess.

Judy, I have come to the conclusion that I don't have to look for "TROUBLE". :rotfl: It knows where I am at all times and gets me into a lot of tight spots! :wink:
 
Sounds very interesting.. a very useful skill in society nowadays ....

Yep, back for some more laughter and interaction... Bit quiet on the "hippie" side...

Going to read your journey from the beginning, but getting a coffee and chocolate first

xx from "hippie land"

Well Poppet,

I appreciate the compliment, but if you read my journey from beginning to end, you will see, there are times that laughter was present, and that was when I relied so much on God and these great BoneSmarties, to get me through the crisis. Maybe I should pop over to the hipster side and liven it up a little! :rotfl:
 
Sonja, I finally get back on here and see you have three pages to read and I thought, OMG what is going on with Sonja and then find out about the spider bite. I was almost afraid to keep reading, but sounds like it is under control. We have a hoof trimmer for our cows that travels around the world because of the design he made with his hoof trimming chute. He told us about a combination of iodine and sugar to draw out infection and said he learned it from the Mayo Clinic. We have tried it around the farm and it works. Anyway, glad you are ok.
 
Sonja, wow, never a dull moment!!

2 summers ago when I was visiting my Mom in south Texas, I was getting up early to drive to Victoria to see her in rehab each day. They were getting a lot of rain at that point, so my sister tells me "be careful when you leave in the morning if it's dark because there may be snakes in the driveway". I'm like great, thanks! The next day she says "by the way, there could be alligators as well, since the river runs right behind the house". This is why I don't live in Texas! It's fun to visit, but the critters are too much for me!

Seriously, glad you are n the mend. Those old time remedies are the best.

Take care,

Dawn
 

Staff online

  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom