Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja! How ya doin? I can't believe what happened to you! Have you called Dr. Maale? What does his staff say? I take it you're not in pain.
Well as far as beds go - I have a similar story- my husband and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary while I was at Hospital for Special Surgery this week - but about 18 years ago when we bought our home -we purchased the bedroom suite of my dreams and like you, I hadn't realized at the showroom that the 4 poster colonial bed with the box springs and extra cushy mattress was going to be the right height for my 6' husband but not for 5 '5" me. Well I had the matching side step stool which was ok for awhile, but then I had some surgeries and had been hit with Menieres Disease (equilibrium problem) that I still live with. Long story short - we talked it over for a few week back then, way back then like 15 years ago and YEP- My husband the carpenter- just wacked of the bottom of the legs:yes!: - no one ever has noticed and we are quite happy with it all these years later. It still sits up a little higher then most but now I don't feel like "Edith Anne"
Which of course you're probably too young to remember her from Laugh In - she was this character of little girl sitting in this humungus rocking chair!
So... you know what they say, "desperate people do desperate things"!
Wanted to thank you for the support you gave before I left for my procedure. Appreciated it and will watch for your posts to see how your progressing.
Nancy2:kittykiss:
 
Sonja, hope you get your stomach issues cleared up. Hope you feel better soon. Also good to hear spider bites clearing up. Hopefully you can make the weekend without any new issues. Have a wonderful weekend :-)
 
Vicki,

Thank you so much! I have slept most of the day and my hubby went and picked up my new scripts for more Bactrim, and Flagyl. I will take them in the mornings, the probiotic at lunch, and eat yogurt for a snack in the afternoon! Now that I know what happened, I can get back on track. I was so sick today that I had to cancel PT! In the 2 years I have been going, this was only the second time I had to cancel.

I am feeling better tonight and I know in a couple of days " it will be watch out, she's back again!" Get ready Judy bottomshollow :happydance:
 
Hey Sonja.... Come visit on the hippie side, on my thread 'Girl from OZ - I love my OS' any time you like... We could start the party there and liven it up....

In fact... heck.. Open invitation to all.... [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Feel better soon girlfriend :)
 
Thanks Natalie, I am feeling much better today than I did yesterday! My tummy has settled back down, :happydance: , thank God for Carla the PA who took the time to call quickly and tell me why I was feeling like "crud!"

How are you doing?
 
Funnily I've got a poorly belly started a few hours ago how weird is that?!!

Glad Å·ou are doing better x
Natalie, Now that I have jumpers, lorry's, and knickers all sorted out, I am going to have to learn Funnily and poorly belly.:rotfl:
Hope the two of you are feeling better soon with your funnily feeling poorly belly's.:heehee:
 
Ha ha have you never heard of poorly belly Pumpkin its something we say quite a lot when the kids were little they used to say to me I think I'm going to be poorly mummy my belly feels all bubbly bless them!
 
Ha ha have you never heard of poorly belly Pumpkin its something we say quite a lot when the kids were little they used to say to me I think I'm going to be poorly mummy my belly feels all bubbly bless them!
Natalie,

I never heard that expression, but then again I thought you were using my maiden name in vain when you kept referring to eating Brekkie or however it's spelled. I can just imagine having an apple in my mouth and being roasted over a firepit like they do when some people barbecue! :rotfl:

Now is it poorly belly Pumpkin or were you answering Pumpkin? I get so confused! :rolleyes: :rotfl:

What' are jumpers? We refer to those as the people who jump off the side of a bridge, with or without a bungee cord! :yikes:

I might add jumping to my list of things to do!! :happydance: I will use a bungee cord though! I am not depressed so I think having something to stop me would be nice! :wink:
 
I never heard of poorly belly, but I think I am getting one from :rotfl:.
Brekkie BBQ, hmmm, I will have mine over easy.
Just to stay on topic, the change of weather is wreaking havoc on my poor knee, and other joints are not so happy either. Going to go sit in the sun and see if that helps.:rolleyes:
 
I Yii Yii....Bungee jumping!!!!!!!!! What next Sonja...hahahaha! Would you like Jell-O or tapioca pudding to jump into? That should break your fall real sweet like....:angel:!
 
You're confusing me!!!

Poorly belly means upset stomach do you use a saying I've got the runs?

Pumpkin.Brekkie is breakfast :)

Sonja,Jumper is a sweater :)

I have many many more sayings!!!
 
A jumper is a sweater...........ahhhhhhhhhhhh okay, I thought it was like a pair of bibbed overalls...or jeans, lol! We say brekkie here too but poorly belly, nope.

Keep em coming with the sayings, I love hearing what people say from different places.
 
Sonja, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend from your latest bounce into the trouble-side of life. Never a dull moment around YOUR house, huh!!! Please take cae of yourself!!!
 
G'day (Aussie universal greeting) Sonja,

thought I would 'drop in' (visit) and

come 'have a yarn' ( to talk to someone) and

bring some Aussie 'yabber' (talk) and

Have a 'grizzle' (complain) but

As no one is awake in the NH (northern hemisphere)

I will say 'hoorooy' (see you later) and from your

'fair dinkum' (true blue Aussie original) and let u know this

'Shelia' (female)

'Sandgroper' (West Australian) is

F I N E

Frustrated
Insecure
Neurotic
Emotional

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3 [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
You're confusing me!!!

Poorly belly means upset stomach do you use a saying I've got the runs?

Pumpkin.Brekkie is breakfast :)

Sonja,Jumper is a sweater :)

I have many many more sayings!!!
I would rather refer to it as my tummy aches, but my husband says it's a case of wildcat stew :sick:
 
I Yii Yii....Bungee jumping!!!!!!!!! What next Sonja...hahahaha! Would you like Jell-O or tapioca pudding to jump into? That should break your fall real sweet like....:angel:!

Just, you don't mind if I shorten your name a little do you? :whistle:

Jello would be great! I love the cherry flavor! After all I will be hungry from working so hard! :rotfl:
 

Staff online

  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom