Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja,

I just don't know what else you could possibly come up with at this point in time. :thud: That's why you are such a big asset to the Bonesmart community. You have been there and done just about everything. You are able to help everyone out with their problems, because you have had them all.

Seriously, do try to keep yourself safe!
 
Wow you have had five brown recluse spider bites, how did you get so lucky (not!). Are the prevalent in Texas?
I also agree with the others that you should see a dr just to be on the safe side, as those bites are known to be deadly.
You sure do lead a very eventful and exciting life:angel:
 
Sonja, I wouldn't take the bite lightly. I have a friend that lost part of his hand from bite. Especially with all of the issues you have had. Please be careful!
 
Sonja,
Get to the Dr. right away. Do you really want to deal with MRSA again?? Could be possible.
Next we will hear about the flesh eating disease and we don't want to. Please go and have it checked out. It's just that we care so much about you and don't want anything else to happen to you. Going to have to have your sista scold you again.
 
Hi Sonja,
The concerts sounds great. However...I looked up the Brown Recluse spider, having never heard of them before. The sites agree that you should see a doctor the same day, or go to the emergency at your local hospital. Iodine isn't mentioned, but antibiotics are. Given your propensity never to take the easy way to healing, please take a bit more action. The results of these bites sound scary - even if you've had them before.
Judy, I talked to my new infection specialist today, and she said between the Bactrim, Flagyl, it would cover the spider bite. I had seen her once before and had her set up on an emergency basis, but she is going to take over my case! As I have said before, the only way they will get me back in this ER is if they are pronouncing dead! She is going to see me on Monday, but said come back to San Angelo and the ER if I noticed anything! Judy, I have been through this rodeo before with 4 brown recluse bites at one time! The doctor took care of them the way I am, and had excellent results! :happydance:
 
Sheryl, they like TX! Because it is dry and hot! The rain we had must have driven them inside and they hide in dark corners (thus the name recluse). They have a fiddle on their back and 6 legs. You don't feel it when they bite. It appears as a white looking pimple with a little red. Then the skin starts opening to a round hole and the "pimple" remains in the middle!
 
Oh goodness Sonja! If its not one thing its another. I am sending you some big hugs and lots of luck that things go a little more smoothly for you! Hugs!
 
Well, we just got back from Pink Floyd. I loved the laser light show, but the only song I knew started with "We don't need no education" :)

It was really loud and my ears are ringing but it was worth it, because my hubby likes Pink Floyd.

Well, I also have some good news! I have been using an iodine poultice, a paste and covering the recluse bite, like my old GP did! That sucker is drying up just like the ones he treated. He said in WWII, soldiers would get bit by these brown recluse spiders because they are always looking for shade. The soldier would put his boot on and not feel the bite. At the end of the day, he would take off his boots and flesh would come off too. So they put an iodine poultice and wrapped it to stew in it's own juices. He told me that's what we were going to do with my leg 7 years ago when I had the 4 bites. I thought he was nuts but he told me it would draw the poison out. I went to see him the next day and the skin was coming back up to the surface and the dot was gone! On al 4! He retired, but I still remember how easy it was to save my leg! God reminds me all the time that He puts people in my path for a reason! :happydance:
 
We do not have anything poisonous here in NL, snakes, plants, spiders, etc.....just some people that are (:sigh:)!

That is great that you are able to take care of the spidey bite yourself and so effectively!
 
Thanks!

Sometimes the old fashioned remedies work better than a lot of others! When I had the four recluse bites, I was living in an apartment, and a lady next to me got bit. She lost part of her foot because they did so much cutting! :yikes: We found out that the attic was infested with Brown Recluses, and they had to come in and spray all attics apartments, and surrounding. When they finished, the exterminator, said he saw more than 50 in the attic, and at least 2 or 3 in every apartment! :sick:
 
We do not have anything poisonous here in NL, snakes, plants, spiders, etc.....just some people that are (:sigh:)!

That is great that you are able to take care of the spidey bite yourself and so effectively!
Would you like me to send you some "friends" so you won't get lonely! I can send you a couple of rattlesnakes, some black widow spiders, a few Brown Recluses, (after all I wouldn't want to send my friend who bit me, cause she is special" :rotfl:
 
Sonja, I was going to do a special spiders and snakes pic for you----but just tooooooooo creeeeepy for me. I will appreciate it greatly if you keep all those "friends" with you in Texas. Glad you got that taken care of right away and knew what to do about it. You just can't stay out of trouble, girl----what do you do with a girl named Sonja? Just love her, I guess.
 
Sonja,
Glad you have a good remedy for the brown recluse spyder bites. Pink Floyd concert sounds like a lot of fun, and a much needed break for you.:yahoo:
 
Yep,

Today it is about half the size it was yesterday! I am so grateful to have run across "an old fashioned" doctor before he retired! This piece of advice has been invaluable! I keep a bottle of unopened iodine for things like this. Then I will discard it and get another bottle when this bite closes and heals completely! The swelling is gone, and the redness has become a very thin line from a big blotch. This remedy works fast. Dr. Kinsey also had me on Bactrim at the time because I went back and looked at my notes.

Believe it or not, I have notebooks full of the procedures I have had! You know as careful as I am, they should fit in a tiny folder! LOL :rotfl:
 
Sonja, I was going to do a special spiders and snakes pic for you----but just tooooooooo creeeeepy for me. I will appreciate it greatly if you keep all those "friends" with you in Texas. Glad you got that taken care of right away and knew what to do about it. You just can't stay out of trouble, girl----what do you do with a girl named Sonja? Just love her, I guess.
Judy, I always like to share! My parents taught me that it was the polite thing to do! :rotfl:

When Low'e's Hardware store got a shipment of trees in from somewhere, they were full of geckos! The geckos had made their way to our house and at night we can see them in the top glass window catching bugs! They are neat little critters. I need to call Geico and ask them if the lost their spokes lizard! :wink:
 
My husband lost a co-worker in a motorcycle accident yesterday. He was with the same oil company but was based in Houston. Please keep the family and all of his co-workers in your prayers!

My hubby Pat had know Pat for 12 years.
 
Sonia;
YUCK! A brown recluse. They are pretty nasty. Check your closets...
I'm glad it is getting better. I love iodine and always have it around. Right now, I am treating a boil on my boy Max's elbow. (He is a lab, btw). I also like mecuricome, and I always clean wounds with hydrogen peroxide.

I was bitten by a spider 2 years ago, and ended up in the ER the very next day with cellulitis, a fever, and PAIN. They werent going to let me go home unless I promised to come in daily for IV antibiotics (I am immunosuppressed because of my RA meds). YUCK!!!
I know they are good for the earth eating bugs and all, but geez, I hate spiders.

I am sorry for the loss of hubbies co-worker. Life just keeps on throwing curveballs, huh?

Stay upright (and get rid of those SPIDERS!!!)
Sandy
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom