Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

So oh wise one, word has it that you will start teaching safety classes. Please read the book from cover to cover and do take all the tests! :skep: :whistle:
 
I get back to you after I do my triple twist double somersault off the ski jump to if that was a "correct" decision or not

All this while one leg is still at the top of the jump, Or maybe doing it forward and backward at the same time.
 
Ok Coachie,

I remember the visual, auditory, and kinesthtetic learners! (As a sidelight I found that I was equal in all three! :heehee: ). ( I also know you are very analytical where I am very global!). Where was I going with this? :rotfl: Oh yes, a visual analytical explanation! (For those of you who wonder what I mean by analytical and global) analysts like order and to see things one way usually. They see things as either it is or it isn't. Math people, are usually on the high end. Global people may have a lot of things going on at once, but it doesn't bother them. They tend to color their world through their use of jokes and social skills. Some call them " the life of the party, because they have a "gift of gab". Sometimes people are right in the middle between the two, but it seemed like everytime we had a faculty in service and they lined us up I was always the most global! I don't know why. Oh, global thinkers are very creative, so they usually make great storytellers also! :rotfl:

Ok, try this you get into your bed to lay down and you are face down because your bed is really tall. You decide to use the headboard to pull your legs the rest of the way in but you are still at a slight angle. (It might be helpful to know that I sleep on the right side of the bed, and it is my right knee). Well, my next step is taking my Left leg and rolling over. Usually the momentum carries the right with little effort. Well, the hips both went, but from the middle of the knee down was still in the upside down position. My husband said he had never seen anything so bizarre in his life! You know if I had been thinking, I would have snapped a picture. They say "a picture is worth a thousand words" and I think I just wrote another thesis! One last image. If you ever saw the dolls that had joints that you could twist anyway you wished, think of looking at "Barbie" with all parts facing you except the right lower leg and knee joint that you have twisted to the back! Did I make it as clear as mud for you?! :wink:
 
Well...... :whistle:

Heard from "The Doc" today! He said if I wasn't hurting, then just take it easy. Amy came on the line and I told her about PT and she said, He wants you to slow the pace! :umm: I told her I would do only what was comfortable and she said ummm hmmm, we know you. I mean it though. I wasn't too fond off having my lower leg on backwards even though it seems to be ok. Dr. Maale is in agreement with you Orthodoc, he definitely thinks the patella issues and muscle weakness contributed. Plus something about me being a "special" patient, which I will take as a compliment! :rotfl: Jamie, Josephine I thought I would let the two of you know personally because I solicited your help and I appreciate all three of you and the rest of this great BoneSmarties website! :thankyou:
 
Good, the act of being good (behaving) not causing one harm! Good, the act of being bad in a good way! Clear as mud? Yes? :)
 
That helps :) You are very right in my way of thinking. I am very black and white- and often have a hard time with connecting the pieces (if that makes sense!) I also don't read into anything, it is how it is and nothing more. One of the English teachers at school and I have some interesting conversations sometimes as I try to understand why she trying to figure out what someone said as she always thinks there is deeper meaning there, when I am not even thinking about it.
For example: if I tell someone I like their shirt, I say that because I really like their shirt. I don't say it because I want something or I am trying to suck up or anything like that- but she is constantly wondering why someone would say they like her shirt. It just confuses me sometimes and I have to walk away. Lol
Sorry your knee is still acting up. Before I had my revision, I was worried about the recovery, and while I still have some issues here and there, after the first 8 weeks or so, it wasn't too bad.
 
That helps :) You are very right in my way of thinking. I am very black and white- and often have a hard time with connecting the pieces (if that makes sense!) I also don't read into anything, it is how it is and nothing more. One of the English teachers at school and I have some interesting conversations sometimes as I try to understand why she trying to figure out what someone said as she always thinks there is deeper meaning there, when I am not even thinking about it.
For example: if I tell someone I like their shirt, I say that because I really like their shirt. I don't say it because I want something or I am trying to suck up or anything like that- but she is constantly wondering why someone would say they like her shirt. It just confuses me sometimes and I have to walk away. Lol


Sorry your knee is still acting up. Before I had my revision, I was worried about the recovery, and while I still have some issues here and there, after the first 8 weeks or so, it wasn't too bad.

Coachie, I am glad that you are having a pretty good time with your knee! As for the seeing it in black and white, I had a hard time after I got married! Still do, because my husband is the analytical, black and white, as far to the left as I am to the right type of person also!
:happydance:
He will say something, and I will whip around and say, "what did you mean by that?" He will reply "Exactly what I said, quit trying to analyze for meaning!" There is none! LOL :rotfl:
 
Hey Sonja, glad to hear that you got your papers done and turned in. It is good that you heard back from the doc. Now take it easy... Oh, sorry, I forgot that you do not know how to do that... Hmm, well I can't help you with that cause I don't think that I know how either. Now maybe if you keep yourself from being so ORNERY, it may help. Just sayin!

Hang in there! and Chill!!!
 
Well, when it rains, it pours! Yesterday, I noticed a red spot on my leg with a white pimple in the middle. Warning Bells should have been clanging in my brain, because I have been feeling run down since last night and tonight, that sucker opened up wide with the pimple still in the middle. I am at Mom's and she said it looks like a Brown Recluse bite! :shocked: I have had five of those in the past, and I have big purple scars on my leg to show for it! Lucky lucky me! Mom had iodine, and that is how they treated mine in the past, so I'm praying that the iodine will take care of this one too! :beg:
 
.....I am wondering what misadventures, errrrrrrrr I mean adventures you will have today? It follows you doesn't it? :heehee:

Slow down? What does that mean? Mmmmmmmmm...:umm:! Nope, no clue!

Have a great day, be good at being bad, lol, that is kinda like being good right, being good at something?
 
Well, let's see! :wink: I am going to visit my friend Pam who had knee replacement surgery and give her some links from BoneSmart so she will have reading to do! Then, I am heading back to Midland, to see the Pink Floyd "Australian Tour" with my Hubby! He is a Pink Floyd fan. Reviews say it is good though. Next week Kenny Rogers comes to town, and I like him, so hubby and I trade off! :wink:

I can't think of any other adventures today so I guess it will be pretty tame! :heehee:
 
Hi Sonja,
The concerts sounds great. However...I looked up the Brown Recluse spider, having never heard of them before. The sites agree that you should see a doctor the same day, or go to the emergency at your local hospital. Iodine isn't mentioned, but antibiotics are. Given your propensity never to take the easy way to healing, please take a bit more action. The results of these bites sound scary - even if you've had them before.
 
:iagree: Sonya, it does not seem like good sense to take a chance right now. We have hobo spiders here in Montana. Yuk, I just hate spiders!!!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom