TKR Still working on ROM

I can see why you might be confused. The blue bottles shown on the information page for Active Skin Hydrogel Spray shows a bottle that was especially produced for BoneSmart during COVID. The company has since gone back to their original white bottles. But the products inside are the same. Either the Active Skin Repair spray or gel are what you want. Hopefully that is what you purchased. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I’ll work with the company reps to see if we can get new graphics for our information page.
 
Oh thank you! well I ordered it again! I’ll have plenty!
 
I haven’t been able to post using my phone so I apologize for this new thread. I wanted to ask how long most stay on blood thinner. I start work with a neuromuscular therapist next week. I stopped all opioids because they were too hard on me. I’m taking Tylenol and ibuprofen sparingly (doc said I could take both). I went to the grocery store today! That is a major accomplishment for me. I’m trying to walk more. My ROM is not where “they” would want it. I’m doing laundry and simple tasks. Sleeping more without the opioids! I’m hopeful for the first time. I have pain but it’s manageable. Again I’m so sorry I can’t find all the site features on the phone. I’m working on getting an iPad I can use. But I’ve been reading a lot in the library! Thank you all.
 
Hi Flashcat,
Please notice that we have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Having your recovery information contained in one place will make it easier for you to reflect back on. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting. Please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.

Most are on a blood thinner for 2-4 weeks, but this is a topic you need to raise with your surgeon or a member of his care team and follow his protocol. Any risk factors you have are considered as well as the specific medication used. So please check in with them.

It sounds like you're making great progress! Trip to the grocery store, increased walking, engaging in household tasks are all great and YAY for improved sleep!

Do keep in mind that regaining our ROM doesn't require aggressive bending or challenging movements, in fact that approach can be self defeating. It is more about consistent, gentle repetition over time. Healing takes time, time for the body to recover, for the pain and swelling to ease, and for everything to settle. Your ROM is already there, just waiting for the right conditions to emerge. In most cases it doesn't need to be forced, struggled for, or stressed over, It will come naturally and gradually.

Best Wishes for a great rest of the week!
@Flashcat
 
I went to the grocery store today! That is a major accomplishment for me. I’m trying to walk more. My ROM is not where “they” would want it. I’m doing laundry and simple tasks. Sleeping more without the opioids! I’m hopeful for the first time. I have pain but it’s manageable.
You are coming along very well for one month post op. Try not to worry about the ROM number “they” want, we all regain our ROM on different time frames. One month post op is way too early to worry about it.

All the things you just listed that you are doing is what I like to call Natural PT. They give your new knee all the mobility and movements it needs to heal well.

Don’t let them cause you stress about your ROM. Even I, after a very tough first year, had ROM continue to improve all through my second year proving there is no Window of Opportunity.

You’re doing great!
 
I will try to use a lap top or iPad to post I couldn’t find it I don’t have all the tool bars on the phone.
Thanks for your patience and encouragement
 
Sometimes you have to turn your phone sideways to see everything. You might try that. The phone pages are set up differently as well and things can be in different places. You’ll definitely find it easier to navigate on a tablet or desktop PC.
 
Nothing happens when I try that sorry!
 
Maybe I should uninstall the app and reinstall it?
 
I’m at 4 weeks 4 days post op. Not taking opioids at all-they are awful on my body and sleep. There is still a rough looking area that is still healing on the bottom (shin) of the incision. That worries me but it’s not hot or infected just still red/ blackish with a blood or scab. The hydro gel is great!! Thank you all!
 
Maybe I should uninstall the app and reinstall it?
What app are you using?

I never used any app to come to Bonesmart. I used my phone for the first 3+ years I was a member here. I just went into the internet on my phone and used this link, www. Bonesmart.com/forum (no spaces)
 
Hello and Happy Thursday Flashcat,
it’s not hot or infected just still red/ blackish with a blood or scab.
Do you mean like old blood? It's not still open and bleeding...correct? If it's scabbed over it should be fine.

Signs of Infection (just a reminder)
Fever
Unusual or increasing pain
The incision is hot to the touch
A change in the size of the incision
A change in the odor of the discharge
A yellow or green discharge that is increasing
Redness or hardening of the surrounding area
Excessive bleeding that has soaked through the incision

What you've described sounds normal, but if it will make you feel better to receive some reassurance from your surgeon or his care team, call and ask if you're able to forward them a cell phone photo to look at. I'm sure they'd be receptive.
Have a great day, Flashcat! :SUNsmile:
 
Hello and Happy Thursday Flashcat,
it’s not hot or infected just still red/ blackish with a blood or scab.


What you've described sounds normal, but if it will make you feel better to receive some reassurance from your surgeon or his care team, call and ask if you're able to forward them a cell phone photo to look at. I'm sure they'd be receptive.
Have a great day, Flashcat! :SUNsmile:
Agree with @Layla.
I had glue for my PKR and at your stage there were still bits of glue/ scabby bits that I was worried about. I sent my treating team's nurse a picture on WhatsApp and got reassurance.
 
Thanks for the great reassurance! It’s definitely just scab at the bottom of the wound, as a less hysterical person would know! I don’t have an app-there was information about such an app but it was convoluted. I’m working on getting on through a lap top it’s old, and so needs a bunch of attention first! Sorry to be so unteachable in this area. My only problem is posting! Thank you all!
 
No worries, you're not unteachable. Let us know if you have specific questions and we'll try to help.
Looks like you're doing alright to me, since you responded in the right place. :)
@Flashcat
 
Maybe I should uninstall the app and reinstall it?
We don’t have a BoneSmart app. You should be accessing BoneSmart using your browser. Our forum software then converts the pages to a mobile-friendly page layout which means that some things might be accessed differently than when you use an iPad, tablet or desktop computer. If you’ll tell us what you cannot access, either I or another staff member can likely tell you how to find what you are looking for.
 
I realized after I said app! There isn’t one there was however information about accessing one that went nowhere. I can’t figure out how to initiate a post in my continued thread. I will just stop talking about it and read others comments. My laptop crashed all technology has too, in this house!
 
I can’t figure out how to initiate a post in my continued thread.
It looks to me like you are posting appropriately in your recovery thread. The post you just made above is in the correct place, so I think whatever device you are using is working out just fine.

A suggestion: why not bookmark this page on your computer/phone/tablet as your BoneSmart log-in page. That way, you will always come right here to your own recovery thread first thing!
 
It is a special day...just noticed, you're one month post op, to date.
Happy One Month Anniversary! I hope you're having a nice day.
A great Friday and weekend to you!
@Flashcat
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom