Guest viewing is limited

TKR Still working on ROM

Well I’m struggling with the left knee and that has set back my progress on ROM. That said,
My rtkr knee no longer has that exhausting pain it once had! It appears to be well placed and I have no problems with it other than lack of range, numbness and occasional heat. I think it’ll be fine! The cortisone shot (4/29) hasn’t done anything yet! I went to exercise class today and I have a body work appointment Thursday. May do cupping and Gaw Shaw (sp) scrapping the area around the knee. And myofacial release.
Thank you for the anniversary wishes!
:yes:
 
Just be careful with your appointment and trying too many things at once. Something might help, but you've taxed the knee area by having several things done and now it feels like it did before. I know personally, a myofascial release can make you sore before it helps - if that makes sense. At least that's my personal reaction every time I've had it done.

Proceed with caution but I do think your heading in the correct direction.
 
Thank you eaglemom! Yes, I will be careful I’ve been seeing him for years and he’s very careful and knowledgeable. He’ll undoubtedly choose the best option for the work. I saw him before I went to outpatient PT-after I was injured by in home PT 3 days after surgery!!
 
I am sorry you're struggling, especially on your anniversary. At least it's good you feel your Right TKR will be fine.
It's too bad you're not feeling any relief from the injection yet. I'm sorry. :console2:

Guasha can relieve muscle tension and promote blood flow so I hope you have some luck. If you try it you'll have to let us know all about it. Good luck!
@Flashcat
 
I’m thinking about ordering an unloader brace if I can find a short person version for the left knee. I’ll keep working on ROM on the right knee the best I can!
Thanks for always responding :kitty:
As usual Bonesmart ROCKS! :thankyou:
 
I’m sorry I’ve been remiss in reporting back!
The shot in my left (bad knee) kicked in after about 2 weeks and I immediately started doing exercises again in earnest. I am still not naturally alternating steps! I’d say my bend is not up to par by a lot. I hold the thought that the second year will be my healing year! Surgery was 5/5/25
Thank you
 
Although I have not had a good outcome in general, I did have enough additional improvement in my second year, making my poor outcome more manageable. It’s been more than 9 years since my PKR. I’m able to do most things I need to do.
 
Thank you Jockette! I’m still working on the bend regardless of how long it takes. I can’t see how further surgery or even a manipulation would have helped me! I’ll take my results!
I’m not sure I’d be able to handle another TKR on the left knee! I am doing ok with the cortisone injection atm. I’m 75 and have leftover skeletal damage from scleroderma. My knee bend was bad for years before surgery.
If I ever get to the point of having to have surgery I’ll lean on you all!
You all really helped me through a tough recovery!
 
Thankfully you're not giving up hope, Flashcat! Your determination is inspiring.
I’d say my bend is not up to par by a lot. I hold the thought that the second year will be my healing year! Surgery was 5/5/25
At not quite sixteen months post op, hope still has a place, even though at times I imagine you're feeling discouraged. Keep in mind that other's experiences and outcomes are not a prediction of yours. Recovery is not a straight line, and there's no universal timeline, or outcome. The fact that you're still working on your ROM is positive and there's a good possibility of progress ahead for you, even if it's taking its sweet old time. :wink:

Keep working at it and give yourself credit for how far you've come. Thanks for taking the time to update.
Have a wonderful week, Flashcat. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom