- Joined
- Dec 28, 2022
- Messages
- 3,063
- Age
- 70
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
As others have said- this is simply untrue.They said I had a limited period to get to a 90 degree bend and if i could not
I had no formal PT apart from a couple of sessions in hospital to teach me to use crutches and negotiate stairs.
I used a very gentle pilates based approach with no painful exercises and no forced bending. Gradually I increased my walking back to my usual 10,000 steps per day over 2- 3 months but combined that with lots of resting/ elevation and icing. The main thing is that I listened to my body and did what felt right for me. That is the BoneSmart philosophy. I now have almost as good ROM on my operated side as my pretty perfect unoperated leg.
) by others, even by some who have had a knee replacement. Been there, done that. We each have a different pain tolerance, we had different surgeons, some whose technique might have been a bit rougher than another surgeon, causing more trauma to the area. Some of us had more surgical work done than some others. So, we really shouldn’t compare ourselves to anyone else, though that is very hard not to do. Aggressive PT can also negatively impact our recovery. There are so many factors for differences in recoveries.
I’ve gotten more information here in a few hours. Plus it’s so good to hear other people’s stories and experiences!





