Guest viewing is limited

TKR Still working on ROM

Oh my gosh. Now I feel like an idiot (like when I go to PT) . @Flashcat

I just welcomed you to the club and congratulated you on your TKR. Oh boy!!!

I’m messaging all this from my phone and somehow the dates got mixed up… I just saw the headline for your thread that said “Struggling a Little,” and I jumped right in!

Uggh. Well I’m not gonna delete it now silly me. :cry::blush: The “helper.” :yes!:3 months late to the party.
 
No worries, @Krista1220 I don't think you should feel like an idiot for offering support to a newer member.
It certainly isn't too late to welcome, Flashcat, to the forum that you joined years before her, or to congratulate her on her knee, which is still very new at only a little over three months post op. We appreciate members like you who take the time to lift others in support. It is very thoughtful of you.
I hope you have a great week!
You too, Flashcat! :wink:
 
It’s ok!!! Sorry I’m not on much these days! PT 3 days a week! Trying to live in between!
I am approved for the dyna splint and that should happen next week at the PT office. I have gained about 10 degrees flexion I’m at 70 on my own and 75 with PT help and pain level about 6. I’m getting better (:ok:)
 
Hi Flashcat,
Life happens and that's what counts, right? So no worries about not updating. Hopefully you're enjoying the holiday weekend.
Let us know how the dyna splint appointment goes and thanks for informing us that you're improving. :yes!:
May it only get better! :thumb:
@Flashcat
 
I am very curious to see how you do with the dyna splint. I hope you see marked improvement. Of course it won't happen overnight, but it will happen steadily.

Life has a way of taking over! It always comes first. We only want to hear from you when you have the time to share.
 
Thank you all! I’m hoping I’ll get to 90 degrees I’ll consider that good and I’ll keep working it after that! Happy Labor Day everyone!
 
Still waiting on the dyna splint! Feel like I’m being jerked around lately! Short temper as well! Healing from this ordeal is long and frustrating! Add to that the state of the world and it’s harder! I admire the people with such great attitudes through it all! More power to you :meow:
 
You can do this! Recovery really is a marathon, not a sprint, and you have lots of time and room for improvement.
The road does feel long, but you are healing and moving forward even if it feels you're doing so at a snails pace.
Hang in there, Flashcat.
@Flashcat
 
You can do this @Flashcat I so feel for you. Shout on here as much as you like.
Q: How do you eat an elephant? A: One bite at a time.
So we all have to take one step at a time, and sometimes the steps might be backwards. It’s been a huge lesson for me in patience.
I’ve walked a bit more today, and been out to a community thing, now resting.
There’s nothing quick about bones & joints and everyone understands on here.
Thinking of you.
 
I’m working on my attitude adjustment
Good luck, we all need a tune up now and then, right? :wink:
Kidding aside, recovery can feel long and hard, discouraging and finally....rewarding. Hang in there, Flashcat, you can do this!

Once in awhile I post the following because I love it and it's true.
[Bonesmart.org] Still working on ROM
 
I love this poem! Thank you!
I got the dyna splint Friday. I worked up from 15 minutes 2x a day to 30 minutes 2x a day. I’ll add 39 more this afternoon for 3x. Tomorrow 45 minutes. The longer you wear it the better the results. The tension is secondary. I’m hopeful :meow:
 
You're welcome, Flashcat.
Good to read you have the dyna splint and happy you're feeling hopeful...as you should.
I hope you have a good week of healing.
@Flashcat
 
I walked back and forth about 8 times. I didn’t want to over do it the first time! I have Raynauds Phenomenon so I have to warm my core in a sauna (thank goodness) before going in! I met a lady 2 1/2 years PO tkr she said keep doing this and add a class! She said she’s done better without PT! Left PT with ROM at 100! Gave me hope and encouragement :) :-) (:
 
I’ve only been in water 2x this far but I’m trying to go 2x a week. I have 6 more PTs just allowed. And I’m up to an hour splint time 2-3x a day. I’m only at 2x rn. :SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom