TKR Still working on ROM

My non-surgical, (left), knee got much worse as I was recovering from my TKR. The good news is, as my TKR got better, I was able to use it more and the left knee then got better, too! So, if your left knee starts to complain, don't worry, it'll probably get much better like mine did.
 
I’ve come to fear him less
Good!
Fear No Man. :wink: Thankfully you're feeling a little more relaxed and hopefully more confident in your relationship with your surgeon. Hang in there and enjoy the weekend!
 
I wasn’t sure if I was still subscribed but I accidentally am! I’m still in PT appealing insurance denial. I’ve only had 16 sessions total. Anyway I’ll go once a week and pay for a while. Still using dyna splint. I did my first water aerobics last week and napped for 2 hours afterwards! This week I did PT 2x and an exercise class for senior (like me). Wore me slap out! But I think I’m getting there. I’m at 80 degrees on my own, as of last week. Probably a little more this week. I have appreciated having you in my pocket throughout the worst of this experience. If I have to do the left knee I’m going to travel and get the subvastus (sp) replacement with the robot slicing.
Hope everyone with a tkr is healing and doing well! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi there, I'm so glad you're still subscribed. It sounds like you're coming along just fine. That afternoon nap probably felt great!
 
:wave:Great update!
 
I've always felt that a nap after exercise was the best rest ever. I have no reasoning for it, other than I usually fell pretty good when I wake up. I think the update is great. Keep up the good work.
 
Nice to hear from you, Flashcat. Thanks for the update.
You can still update your thread after your Insider subscription expires, so please don't fade away until you're ready. We appreciate hearing from members and reading about their progress. The only difference will be that Staff responses and support will be more limited because priority attention is given to Insiders and there will be fewer resources available to you. We appreciate your support as an Insider. Thank You!
Have a wonderful weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Flashcat
 
I am attending the 45 min exercise class 2x a week now! My bend is 85 with help! I see the doc next Tuesday the 28th! I am paying out of pocket for PT. 2x a week! They cut me a deal! Everyone is helping me get there!! Thanks everyone for your continued support :meow:
 
Hi Flashcat,
You sound positive...such a good thing!
Best wishes for your appointment tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes.
Happy Monday! :SUNsmile:
@Flashcat
 
My surgeon appointment is tomorrow. I had PT today and the doc was really obvious about ending PT with me! Probably because the deal the billing person gave me. But it still hurt my feelings. He was irritated that I’m progressing so slowly as well. However Friday I got to 85 degrees and today 87 with help. Oh well! I shall continue on! Thank you for being here!
 
We all recover and progress at our own pace. I’m sorry your doctor isn’t more compassionate. :console2:
 
Thanks I’m going to finish PT at home and keep taking classes and hopefully the surgeon will release me today! :treadmill:
 
I know the doc will want the MUA but I’m hoping I’ll continue to improve over time without one. I wonder if I’m being unreasonable and maybe I should do an MUA! But I’m traveling in December so I can’t now anyway.
 
Trust yourself. You know your body better than anyone. An MUA would set you back a bit as it’s quite a trauma even though it’s not actual surgery. Unless you actually have adhesions that need to be broken up, it’s not usually needed. Some people just advance a little more slowly than others and as long as you’re making progress, it’s best not to get your knee all inflamed again from an MUA.
 
Saw the surgeon today he assured me if I decide to have an MUA it wouldn’t set me back. I’m not so sure. I will keep it as a possibility if I never get the ROM on my own. Now I’m deciding whether or not to continue PT. My husband said Monday may have been an off day for the PT doc. I felt he was ready for me to get lost.
Thanks For listening
 
it’s best not to get your knee all inflamed again from an MUA.
Thanks Jamie! I needed that reminder! I have to be my own cheerleader in this process because I am the only one wanting to do it this way! :mooncat:
 
I’m not so sure I agree with your surgeon’s opinion on the MUA. It’s pretty hard to imagine that you would not have some inflammation from the manipulation process. It can be a little rough. I think you’re approaching this the correct way. Good for you for listening to your body and going with what feels best to you.
 
Thank you! It’s a solo journey when everyone believes the opposite of what I believe where this is concerned!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom