TKR Still working on ROM

I’m not doing it but I’m sad to say I’m worried about the pressure :holysheep:
 
Yes, the pressure is real. :console2: I felt so much pressure about my ROM in my first year. But, as I continued to improve all through my second year, it made me mad thinking about how much pressure people put on me that first year, especially the first few months.
 
During recovery I think our minds sometimes get carried away on overtime and then our needless worrying begins. Add in your recovering from Covid so you mind has been busy. You know you don't want a MUA, that's a statement of fact. Your pretty clear on that decision. Let the knee do its thing and slowly, ever so slowly, heal and gain ROM through your routine. Each body part heals in such a different way and at its own speed.

Hang in there, you've got this.
 
During recovery I think our minds sometimes get carried away on overtime and then our needless worrying begins.
Really second this. I didn't have an issue with ROM but I worried about my knee staying warm and having some residual medial pain. The stress of surgery, the sleep problems, plus pain and the physical recovery process all combine to make us very vulnerable
 
Yes vulnerable is how I’ve felt since day one and I’m not much better at this now! I agree Covid has done a number on what rational thought processes I had :scratch: love to you all!
 
Hang in there!!! You might want to make a little note for yourself to keep in your pocket when you see people you think might push you towards aggressive action that says “STAY BONESMART STRONG!” Then you know we’re behind you all the way with support.
 
Good Morning Flashcat,
Hopefully you're feeling calm and confident in your decision to forego MUA...most importantly.
Maybe you can write a list of WHY you don't want the MUA, noting any personal or medical concerns, progress you're sure you'll still make or a broader timeline. This may help you to feel more comfortable to respectfully, but calmly, share the reasons for your decision if you begin to feel pressured by your medical team. You can thank them for their opinions and advice and tell them you'll think about what they've said. If you attend these appointments alone, possibly it will make you feel more at ease to have someone with you...an option to consider.
I hope you have a nice weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Flashcat
 
Can you believe it? I have rebound Covid ugh! Another week away from PT! I’m taking an all day online class and it’s kicking my butt too! Love you all
 
Oh my….I’m so sorry! That virus is just awful. Please take care of yourself and get lots of rest. That and fluids are the best way to get on top of things.
 
Oh no! I am so sorry you're dealing with rebound Covid, Flashcat. It feels so unfair. It has to be frustrating to think you're in the clear only to have it return. Get lots of rest and focus on healing. You'll get through it again. Sending you comfort strength and a warm hug. :console2:
@Flashcat
 
The actual surgeon just relayed that I will be seeing him Tuesday, not the PA! That means more pressure but I’m asking my husband to come with me :dubious:
 
That means more pressure
There is only pressure if you allow it.

We are sometimes intimidated by the medical community, but they are only people, not gods (although some surgeons seem to think they are!). He can give you his recommendation, but cannot force you to accept any procedure that you do not want. If you do feel pressure in the moment, simply say, "I need some time to think about it. I'll get back to you."

It is YOUR body and YOUR recovery. The decision is yours.
 
Tomorrow morning I see the surgeon and I returned to PT this morning after 2+weeks out with Covid. So the PT did the evaluation for the surgeon today and I was back where I was on day 1! I figured I would be but I had no idea I would have such an evaluation done today! I voiced my concerns about it and he simple said he’d leave the MUA decision up to the doctor! So I’m freaked out,
As usual! Anyway I like the pt ok but think I may move on after tomorrow! Start fresh. My ROM was 58 at the start of the session and 64 at the end with very little pain. I’ll let you kiwi how the appointment goes tomorrow :kickedout:
 
Thankfully you're finally feeling better and you're out and about again.
Good Luck with the appointment this morning...do let us know all about it afterward, we'll be here!
Happy Tuesday!
@Flashcat
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom