TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

@SusieShoes pretty sure my knee was saying stop now! Then when I tried 2 more time it said you just don't learn the easy way!!!:scare:
@kmak81230 Patience evidently is not my virtue!:yikes:
@nensi please learn from me!:bicycle2:
@Pheebs52 It did and thanks! :thankyou:
@KarriB I am going to try it, but so far I have not even looked at the bike!!!:groan:

Not feeling repercussions from the bike today!!! Thank goodness! Does everyone have a numb area in the outside of their knee??? Will the swelling really ever totally go away? I keep thinking I have to go through all of this again in 2 months!!!!
 
I have a large numb area on the outside of my knee - I understand from others on here that it is very common in this surgery.
 
I also have a large numb area on the outside of my knee going up above into the IT Band; pfft! It's common and may or may not dissipate with time.
 
Ha, Sooz ! I'll post your profile pic on my bike to remind me
You'll have lots of company the second time around to encourage you, that makes all the difference in the world.
 
I also have a large are of numbness on the outside of my knee. I feel it get "tingly" or zingers and zaps there, so am guessing it ìs nerves building pathways again.
Sure hope so! Physiotherapist suggested today I gently massage the area a few times a day.
 
Yep, I still have that numb areas, too. A few times a week, I get zingers in it, but, not nearly as bad as they used to be!
 
Glad to know I'm not the only numby one!
Woohooo 109 on the ROM today! Increased my pt stuff today, feels good other than a few sore muscles, no increased swelling! Did a balance exercise on a board hooked to a computer, kind of like WII Fit balance board. That was pretty neat! Beginning to walk without my cane some, feels good, when I get tired I grab the cane! They put me on their bike today pedaling forward and backward, certainly not all the way around! Hurts my tailbone on that bike though, it's not a recumbent! My youngest son broke my tailbone when he was born.....ouchie on the regular bike!
Also if you are the praying sort, I had a friend have knee surgery last Tuesday (not in the same hospital & dr as I had) she is already running a high fever and is too weak to get out of bed! Her dr is not a bone smartie dr! Anyways prayers would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
 
@sistersinhim I invited her to this site before she even had her surgery scheduled...
Planning on scheduling second knee after September 9th! Today when I sat down with my ice, I wasn't sure which knee I wanted it on, so I grabbed a second pack and put it on both of them. Guess it is time!

Oh Oh Oh I forgot, I can now pedal backwards!!!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good news on being able to pedal backwards. :yay:
Going forwards will come, maybe soon, maybe a bit later.
 
Okay, Sooz, you've got this!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow on the pedal power! I can't pedal at all. My stationary bike only lets me do forward revolutions and I just can't even with the seat put on high. Will try later in the week again when physio gal returns from her holidays.
 
If you can't do a full rotation yet, just rock your feet backwards and forwards. You'll still get some stretch by doing that.
 
In this case, going backward is as good as going forward! It's a sign of progress, and good movement for your knee. It was a full week between when I could do backward to when I could do forward. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how quickly things go!
 
Hey Sooz, congrats on the pedal power! Who cares about direction, it's all progress. :happydance:My PT won't even let me try yet, but, I don't have your flexion number, so I think you are doing just great!
 
Back
Top Bottom