TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

6 Weeks Check today! OS impressed with my progress and continue to do what I am doing!! Scheduled righty for September 11th! I am elated lefty has done so well, now praying righty will go as well!!! That little anxiety bug keeps trying to get to me...
 
Good deal that your OS is happy with your progress! Now, comes the preparation for #2! You know what to do and you will do great!
 
Wow, Sooz, you don't fool around with dates! Good for you in just biting the bullet and getting it done! By Christmas, you'll be dancing, lol!:egypdance:

@KarriB, that guy is just waaaaay too perky for me, lol! And yes, just how far along is he in recovery? I don't wanna hear 6 weeks, lol.
 
That guy looks like he does early morning Taichi in the park. I see them outside the hotel when I am in Shanghai for business. In other words - even with their arthritic knees, they have a big head start.
@sooz58 - courageous move with your number 2. I'll still be very active on BS then. My plan is to start work (only morning) in September but it is still early days.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Away at a family reunion weekend, last evening hubby soaked in the tub. After our family activities, I stopped at a store and bought some bath fizzies. Back at the hotel I filled the tub up and threw the fizzy in, climbed into the tub and tried to figure out how to get down, finally sat down on the edge and cried. :bawl: Was afraid I would damage my new knee and my other one has been I tremendous pain all day. Will I ever get to soak in a tub again?:bath:
 
((Sooz)) . . . so sorry you are discouraged. I expect you will be able to soak in a tub again . . but probably not in the time frame you were hoping for given you are doing #2 in a little over a month. Maybe you can get a soak in prior to #2, if lefty cooperates. It's amazing how not being able to do some of the little things in life can cause us so much frustration.
 
Oh I feel your frustration as well.
I've been wondering how that would be getting into tub and then out again. But since I tend to associate bath tub soaks with bad colds, I have no intense desire to have a bath. But at the spa I want to go with my DH on Tuesday after PT, there are whirlpools...I wonder if I can manage to get in and out of those. Hmmmm....
Brave you to get next knee done. All the very best wishes.
 
Sooz, I have the same question because I enjoy a really good soak now and then, however, I can't really see that happening yet. Hmmm...no, not at all, especially with another knee that needs replacement; pffft! Maybe by ...I dunno,... 6 months post-op? A year? I'm sure it's very individual. I'll have to ask my PT and see what he has to say about it. They don't have a *practice tub* there, but he might be able to show me a safe way to enter and exit.

I *think* I could get in and out of a hot tub/spa, but right now, I'm not wild about the idea of a public one. Color me *germaphobe*, lol.
 
Hey Sooz! I know what you mean! I am at 11+ weeks and have only recently had a couple of baths. The first one was at about 9 weeks and I was very nervous. I had my hubby standing by to help if needed. I lowered myself in on my unoperated leg with my upgraded knee straight out in front and hanging on to the sides of the tub for dear life! Getting out was much more difficult!! I tried to just reverse the process. It worked but wasn't easy! This was in the regular tub in the guest bathroom. Still have not been brave enough to try the big, deep jacuzzi tub in our ensuite. I think that might still be a long way off!
Your day will come and you can have a good long soak and enjoy every moment!
 
Have any of you tried the walk-in tubs? I have thought about them, but haven't checked them out yet. I normally take a shower, but sometimes a nice soak in the tub is just what the doctor ordered!
 
I guess I never thought that I couldn't do it, we don't have a tub here at home, we were at a hotel and hubby had a soak.. I am kind of built like a barrel or a tea kettle... Short and stout... I did get into the hotel hot tub, but I just wanted to relax, it's not relaxing with others in with you. I was able to get into the pool a bit, that was nice...
This was 2 1/2 hours from home, Friday I drove myself and grandson... Was so glad to get there! Hubby went early to golf with cousins. He drove us around while we were there. Figured he would drive us home since he road with his father. NOPE! He drove his brothers car home. I have been totally exhausted since Friday evening.... I am finally home and do not look forward to going anywhere in the near future..... Ugh have to work in the morning.... All layed out in my recliner... Of course with a cat!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Sooz Bionic Knee Journey
    IMG_20170730_180424.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 153
I hope you can get some really good sleep tonight. You need it after this weekend!
 
I haven't taken a tub bath in years. Partly afraid I couldn't get up out of the tub with bad knee I suppose. But about 5 years ago we bought a hot tub and put it on the deck two steps outside my bedroom door. The boys eventually but me an enclosure for it so I can go out even in the rain. It is considerably easier to get in and out of than a standard tub since you are sitting on a seat and just stand up. As well as so much deeper.

Presurgery I used it to do 20 minutes of stretching and bicycling every night. That and a glass of wine usually got me to bed with no pain pills. I haven't been back in since surgery. My 4 week check up is next Friday and I'm hoping to get clearance then. I have read on here that some people don't find it comfortable on new knee but I'd like to at least give it a try when surgeon thinks I'm healed enough.
 
@sistersinhim, my brother-in-law looked into those walk-in-tubs and found the average cost in his area (WV) to be about 15k. That changed his mind and he decided to buy an outdoor hot tub instead. I loved my outdoor hot-tub, but it kicked the bucket about 2 years ago and we decided not to replace it because we knew we'd be moving soon. That said, I'd get another when we do move if the house doesn't have an easy access, garden style tub.

@sooz, love the photo! And your blue glasses! Hope you sleep well tonight after all that action over the weekend.:SUNsmile:
 
@sooz58 wowza, you drove 2-l/2 hours each way ~ omg you do need a good rest and you have to go into work tomorrow? hope you don't suffer too much. i love the photo too and your blue glasses ~ i see your kitty is keeping you warm and comfy ~ how sweet! :kittykiss:
 
At work, very stiff this morning, think they should leave an opening to squirt in some wd-40 to get that joint a moving! I slept sooooooo good last night. Here I am with my knee propped up and getting to business now!!! I actually felt refreshed last evening after spending a couple hours in my recliner with some ice placed strategically and my kitty, Dale keeping watch over me!
 
Sooz, I am amazed at the things you are pulling off at 6 weeks.
Flabbergasted. A little stiff, you say? Ya think?
Casting for Wonder Woman has already been filled, girl !
Seriously, it sounds great to have so much life back and if I sound a wee bit jealous, there's a good reason for that, I am! But happy for you, Sooz, and little behind the ear scratch for Dale.
 
Back
Top Bottom