Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

Seconding knit2tog.!
I'm so glad my new GP believed my DH when he went to get pain meds for me.
Am switching now to paracetamol 400mg from 500. Doing sosolala.
 
Your sons rock the Caregiver Awards. Good job by them, and such a relief to you. Just knowing you have the pain meds on hand should you need them lowers your stress and allows you to concentrate on healing.
 
Today is 2 weeks! Tomorrow I get my staples out, very clean looking wound, can't wait for this! I have been so relaxed since my boys came through for me with my medication! I think I have actually been doing exceptionally well with my healing. My pt has come in a couple days a week, no hands on, she has been great!!! Encouraging all the while, suggesting simple ways to stretch without forcing. I have iced and elevated pretty much non stop. Progressed from having to lift my leg with a yoga strap to being able to lift my leg myself at 1 week. Worked on the bending. Made sure I walked at least once an hour. Today pt took me outside and I walked the length of the driveway with a cane. Was able to bend to 100 today! Still using my walker for the most part, but with the bathroom being too small for the walker, the cane is great. I want to thank all you you great friends on bonesmart! I appreciate the encouragement, suggestions and caringness! :flwrysmile:
 
You're recovering right on schedule and bending like a champ. Whatever you're doing, just keep on trucking, because you're going in the right direction.
 
Great work, Sooz ! It really sounds like you are getting the hang of this healing thing.
 
I bet you are loving having those staples out. I know it was a huge relief to me.
 
How did you make it out today with those staples?
 
Great job on your recovery so far Sooz! You'll LOVE having those staples gone!
 
sooooooo glad to have those staples gone! a few of them were real people to get out! don't miss them a bit. have been having some head ache issues, due to the pain med... easing off from it slowly, seems like tylenol will be my friend and soon my blood thinner pills will be gone and then back to ibuprofen! i'm not having any great pain. so thats a plus, next week pt begins... see how I feel then, still gentle nudging it along! Think hubby is taking me out in public today! I am missing my people, work and my home... After my big outing on Wednesday I've been laying a bit low getting the swelling back down again... slowly but surely winning the race!
 
Why take PT is it's going to hurt?
 
If you take total control, there shouldn't be any pain. You tell them to stop if it even starts to hurt.
 
With my first PT group I refused to do anything that hurt after doing one, example a squat. I didn't squat before surgery, how in the world could I do it 2 weeks after surgery! I tried one and said never again. My second PT group never hurt me at all and I was with them for 8 weeks.
 
Sooz, the ONLY thing you should feel in PT is a nice stretch, that's it, no pain whatsoever. If it hurts, don't do it! If you're lucky, they'll do some massage which is very enjoyable.
 
Back
Top Bottom