Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

Thank you everyone, I will continue that guideline! I have a couple who are very good friends but reports of people that have gone to them have said they do use some force, sooo hopefully they will not harbor bad feelings because I will be checking in with another pt group, that other than pt they focus on balance. I know one of the pt's that work there as well and know quite a few that say they are good. I will be finding out next Wednesday.
I must say I feel a lot more human easing off from the oxy! Not having pain.. sometimes it just aches and I go for the ice, feel little wiggly sensations below the knee, figuring they are nerves regenerating or something! Did some stretching this morning and there is no swelling today!!!! Yeah!!! Had some swelling yesterday after hubby took me out to dinner. iced and elevated WALLAH, better today! You are my peeps! Thank you so much for caring!:thankyou:
 
Sooz, they will work on whatever your problem areas are. For me, it's flexion. For you, it might be balance. Either way, stand firm against pain! It really doesn't have to hurt.:happydance:
 
Find PT to work on what you need. I nudged mine to work more on balance and mobility, along with extension for my laggard knee, Lefty. At first he tried to get me to do leg presses and strengthening, and I knew that wasn't going to help me, and might actually hurt me. I just kept refusing the leg presses and weights, and saying yes to the things I knew would help me. It really is ALL ABOUT YOU.

And that oxy... nasty stuff. Kills pain, yes, but also the tummy and the brain fog is horrid. I was so happy to be rid of it. After week 3, I was fine with ice (glorious ice) and Tylenol.
 
My wound has and still looks good but after the staples removed last week, there is some gaping above the knee, the rest of it looks good. There is a tiny yellow on the 2 steri strips above and below the area. I am wondering if I should put something neosporin or bactriban on it...
 
No, don't put anything on it. Take photos and email them to your OS just to be on the safe side.
 
No, don't put anything on it. Take photos and email them to your OS just to be on the safe side.
 
A pretty kitty pic for you Sooz - her name is Suzy [emoji3]

upload_2017-7-3_14-12-11.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
awe so cute @nensi! sistersinhim & KarriB not putting anything on it, but this morning it looks a lot better to me. A couple of the steri strips came off below the knee, that area is nice and neatly sealed together! Will be really happy when the top of the knee looks like that! I just am wanting to get it all healed so I can get back in the water!!!
 
I can't blame you. It's so hot and the water is so inviting! But, you know you can't until everything is completely healed with no scabs at all.
I'm glad it's looking better this morning. I know how scary this surgery is. The 'what ifs' can drive you crazy! And I'm one of the worst!
 
Definitely wait to get the ok from your OS before going into the water. I know how you feel, I'm heading out to swim laps in a bit, but you want that incision to be totally healed before getting into a pool.
 
PT is going great! Very simple things, lots of stretching! Absolutely NO PAIN!!!! Love the recumbent elliptical! Makes me want one of my very own! Busy weekend, cooking for reunion and a picnic to welcome our new pastor, both tomorrow!
 
You have a lot planned for tomorrow. Don't over do, it's not worth it! Be sure and take lots of breaks and ice as much as you can!
 
I thought I was fairly smart until yesterday, had hubby help me adjust a recumbent bike, so I get it stretched out as far as I can reach and pedal!!!! What a dumby I am, pain pain pain! So not being happy doing it just once I try 3 times... duh!!! Hubby says did it really hurt???!!!! I said well what do you think, any clue by the moans and groans, or the leaning as far to the right as possible.... Just let me tell you I will not try that again for awhile! Told my tale to PT this morning, we did easy peasy stuff today, he told me to just sit on it and move pedals forward and backward to just move a lil bit but not to try pedaling! My so called good knee is not so much a good knee, I think its getting me to think about getting it done also!
 
Joined the ODIC, did you? Fortunately, your knees will settle back down and in a week or two you can try (very cautiously) the full rotation thing again. I did back and forth pedals until about week 5, when I managed a backward rotation, which is easier than forward. The next week I managed forward. Only for a few minutes at first, but now I can pedal for several. Taking it slow. But I remember while doing the back and forth and thinking maybe... maybe I could go around. Except that the moment I pushed past a certain point, my knee said, "Not yet!" Kinda wondering what your knees were shouting at you. :oyvey:
 
The expression on your avatar probably resembles what you looked/felt like with the revolutions on the bike. :dubious:You may have to do the rocking back and forth for a week or more . . . I did not make a rotation until week six (and not on a recumbent which I found harder - go figure). Even then I had to be cautious as if I was a little more swollen one day then I could not make the rotation. I revisited the ODIC club last weekend and had some challenges with the bike for the next couple of days. I know you are probably getting motivated watching the Tour de France, but you will have to be a little more patient :flwrysmile:
 
Och, Sooz, I hope the fallout wasn't too bad afterwards. I was planning to have my special bike pedal arm mounted on the Exercycle this weekend, ready for after my stitches come out - your lesson will remind me to rock the pedals ! Take care :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh Soooz, OUCH! I could almost feel that; ugh! I know you won't do that again anytime soon, eh? I hope it resolves quickly for you.:console2:
 
After the knees settle down, just rock back and forth until you're able to make a full rotation. It took me two weeks of rocking to get the whole way around.
 
Back
Top Bottom