Bilateral THR Smrt2run's new hips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi smrt2run Don't feel guilty about your smooth recovery. You're young and able to bounce back quicker. And like you said, BTHR at 24, you deserve a good recovery. I'm happy you're doing so well, as I'm sure everyone else here is, too!
Keep me posted. I have PT today, so we'll see what he says.
 
smrt2run I'm still reading page 4, wonderful recovery you are having!! But I'm laughing about your "teepee" autocorrect. You know that site $#@**YouAutocorrect, right? I laugh so hard i cry there sometimes! :) chris
 
I hung out with a good friend until 2am tonight. Hopefully I'm coming to the end of my energy drain. Maybe it's caused by not having anything to do. Who is this guy with 4 week old hips?
 
Recovery sounds right on track!
 
Thanks Poppet

Next up, I'm looking forward to being able to drive and have my restrictions lifted. I'm getting tired of sleeping with a pillow between my legs.
 
You're right, I almost like being driven around. I'm saving money on gas as well. I guess I can survive two more weeks haha.
 
Yes, you can.. If nothing else a THR teaches us patience :angel:
 
zauberflöte I didn't run before the hip pain haha. Let's not expect not expect miracles. I wouldnt mind using an elliptical machine at the gym. Do you guys have Planet Fitness' near you? They are like $10 a month and have a decent amount/variety of machines.

Also I'd love to try cross county skiing, not too sure if I'd risk downhill but it's something I'd always wanted to do.
 
smrt2run we do have a Planet Fitness down the road a piece. The Y is just in our neighborhood-- but I found out that upgrading my husband's Y membership to "family" cost $70/mo. Yikes!, and, ah well, not for me. But..... they ahve a therapy pool, so after I'm cleared for total immersion I may break down and spend the dough for a month or two. A little warm water might feel awfully good on aching muscles... :)
PS I moved the limericks over to the social room, on Poppet's advice. The thread is called In the Land of Limerick. Please come play! I suspect you won't be here much longer, you're moving soooo fast.... and we need that 20-something male perspective! :)
 
zauberflöte Yeah I looked into the ymca for the exact same reason. I was cleared at three weeks but it is so expensive for my twenty something male perspective haha.
 
I'm starting to get nervous for the future. I still have 6 more months of weekly steroids and I'm hoping that my knees remain feeling well. I've started to lose my patience with the possibilities of the future. I feel great right now and am so annoyed that I can't fully enjoy it. I'm sure it's all in my head.
 
smrt2run steroids? I have missed something somewhere along the line. What's up with the steroids?

Maybe you are just having the "post-op blues" in your own fashion, being impatient? Like everybody says, roll with it.... listen to me giving advice. If you're still here in late May, whcih you won't be, being as you will be back to life as usual, you can give me advice!!! :)
 
zauberflöte

I was taking corticosteroids for cancer treatments. It was a stronger kind of prednisone called dexamethasone. (I'm quite the mess) and I still have the 6 more months worth of doses. That is what caused the AVN which made me need the replacement. They wore away the cartilage on both hips .Lucky for you, you will be more than prepared for when your surgery comes along for being around here.
 
smrt2run Hey buddy. Sorry that you're having negative feelings. When things are going good I find that I start to almost look for something to worry about. My anxiety has to fill in the gaps or something. The littlest thing can make me really worried.
Did you have to take steroids in the past? It doesn't mean that they will necessarily affect your knees. Try not to talk yourself into worrying about something that will most likely never happen. Change your thoughts, and think about the positive right now -- your great recovery, how good you're feeling now. Try not to anticipate bad stuff which won't come to pass anyhow. Maybe you can occupy yourself somehow with more than sitting and thinking. You had a great time with your friend the other night - can you try to do that more often?
It's a real challenge, keeping positive. Especially when we've been through trauma. And you're young to have gone through this and whatever else you've been through medically. It's easy to say think positive, but the more we think of negative, anxiety provoking things, the more of a habit it becomes for our brain to just go there automatically.

So I need to pull myself up a little, too! I've been down alot. But we can do it! You can do it! You're gonna be great. In two weeks, no more restrictions, you'll be driving, going to the park, walking around, feeling good. The weather will be nice out, you'll be playing frisbee, or whatever. This will all be in the past, especially when you can get out and start living again. I guarantee things are only going to go up for you.:)
 
ByGosh You are absolutely right. Even though in the event it does come to pass, I will have some experience already with joint replacement. I loved the os and he didn't an excellent job. Once I'm free I am sure it will be easier to stop dwelling. Because I do feel great. Hope your doing well the same. We are having excellent weather here in New York.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom