Bilateral THR Smrt2run's new hips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
designergirl zauberflöte I'm trying to think if I have ever seen it. I lived on campus and it was a pretty large lecture hall so during those boring movies I'd go do my laundry. It's likely why I got a C+ in it. :umm:
 
Hey guys! smrt2run - glad you're out and about. I love movies! My daughtere and I watched all the Hitchcocks a few years ago. Loved Grace Kelly in them. I'm very bad at remembering the titles. When does the new Hitchcock movie with Anthony Hopkins come out on DVD?
I'm stuck with a basic cable TV, so don't get anything decent to watch - except for The Office and Shark Tank. I also have Netflix and do spend most of my time looking for something to watch and not watching anything- they don't have much that's any good, do they? I'll have to try Downton Abbey.
I haven't been able to read, either. It's hard to sit around and try to stay occupied. I'm jumping up every few minutes. Type A, trying to be Type B ----not working..
 
ByGosh It should already be out. It's next on my netflix queue, I just sent back Life of Pi which I also really liked.
 
smrt2run good for you! Decide what you want most in a gym-- machines, free weights, pool, sauna, sweaty chicks,, then go tour a few, get the sales pitch, and then wait for somebody to have 1/2 off the joining fee. I've always wanted to see inside a Gold's myself, but I'm a loyal YMCA fan actually.
 
zauberflöte I used to be a member at Planet Fitness so I will most likely go back there. I just don't want to spend the money on the ymca even though that would be where I'd go.
 
Gyms and sweaty chicks all trying to out do each other in the fashion department... Give me Nordic Walking in the fresh air anytime, lol....

This coming from a girl who used to go to the gym three times a day.. Way back in my distant memory now! :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
Poppet That would be even more ideal I guess. There is really nowhere to do it near my house (it's not the best area...mostly industrial) so I would still have to go somewhere. I'll see what the surgeon says Monday about joining one at all.
 
smrt2run A gym would be good to get you out of the house and all. Gotta keep your hands washed (Purell) because the equipment is pretty germy. (I'm a nurse and thinking of you getting a bug, sorry). I've belonged to a YMCA for 30 years, and it has pretty much everything without all of the hullabaloo - i.e. not too many sweaty chicks, mostly little tots learning to swim.
 
ByGosh Yeah your absolutely right. I am of course incredibly lazy so I doubt it will actually happen. At work I'm usually on my feet and plan on going back very soon. The last thing i want to do is work out. I'm just concerned about the 10 pounds i'd like to lose.
 
Well six weeks and counting. Saw the doctor (actually his PA) who said the x-rays look great and to come back in 2 years haha. He lifted all of the restrictions except he was cautious to not have me reach for the outside of my foot for a few weeks longer. I placed the toilet riser in my brothers room as his new desk chair. He wasn't that pleased. He also said I could stop going to PT and just said take the stairs as much as possible, which would be my new therapy. Easy enough for me. I'm quite happy with the entire process so far...not that I wanted to have to do it in the first place, though.
 
Sounds great! Congratulations on the nice recovery. It's great that it went smoothly. And no more PT, how lucky to be finished with that, not to mention the toilet riser! Good for you, smrt2run. You deserve it.
 
Congratulations on the lifting of the restrictions... Stairs and walking sound good sensible activities

Another milestone :)
 
Teacat Thanks! They both needed to be done and I was only doing this once. The annoyance is well worth the reward now though. :dancy: Now I'm out dancing. Badly...
 
He also said I could stop going to PT and just said take the stairs as much as possible, which would be my new therapy.
smrt2run that's all your brother said about the toidy seat????? You have a very very laid back brother!

Then I become 'ole lazy bones'....
ahhh Poppet , such memories. One Mills Brothers album was my older son's favorite record when he was 2-3. How about this one?
 
Love it, thank you... We have a big music library and fill the house with music most days... music has a way of producing happy endorphins... :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom