THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, in order to in rehab you have to make progress and reach measurable goals or insurance company won't approve. I will tell you a funny story about a walker in a rehab facility. I got a phone call from one of my residents who was panicked and needed me to "come bust him out" right away. He was concerned about his safety. When I got there he was very glad to see me. I asked him what the problem was and he pointed to his walker and slippers which were on the opposite side of the room. He said he was going to fall if he had to cross the room to get them. I guess the staff had placed these items far away from him so he wouldn't get up on his own. They didn't factor into account their own slow response time. Needless to say, I did my best to bust him out as soon as I could. Congrats on getting your very own walker! Keep it closeby. Have a great day!
 
@shrinkette Bless your heart sweetie, sounds like things are continuing to look up!! Out of bed by yourself is a huge accomplishment in itself and getting back into bed as well before you know it, so it really sounds like things are looking up for you. I think your sense of humor and your strength have been was has carried you thru this. Prayers continuously sent your way for strength, comfort and healing. Each improvement, however small, is a step toward independence, and we love hearing about each one. Love you my dear, Godspeed to you!!!:console2:
 
Glad to hear things are looking up for you my friend . God bless you and your family that has been sticking by your side !!!!!
 
you go girl!!! little victories are great!!! sounds like your mental outlook is more positive… that is more important than anything! keep up the great work!
 
@shrinkette that is great news! Stay positive and never underestimate the smallest of victories. It means you are getting stronger every day. Keep up the great work!
 
@shrinkette...Oh I am so happy to hear from you...I say prayers for you that you get stronger each day. You will get there maybe slower than the norm....but you will get there...keep fighting...That rainbow and sun shine are waiting for you...Be well my friend,,,,:SUNsmile:
 
@shrinkette before you know it you will be busting out of that place, kicking your heels together and saying "there's no place like home". Continuing to pray for your recovery. Always, Judy
 
@shrinkette I sent you a PM before I saw your thread. I'm having trouble using the forum the last day or so. SO glad to hear you are doing better. Every little victory is a victory to be celebrated!

Love and prayers and good thoughts to you.

Milli
 
I feel like I have my own bunch of cheerleaders!! I appreciate each & every comment & love you all for taking time to communicate with me. Hope you are all continuing to make progress -- either in getting closer to your surgery date with less anxiety & more anticipation, or approaching "normalcy" after your THR.

I hope to be bringing you good news soon & have made some promising progress. Thanks again for the continuing good wishes even though I haven't been reciprocating. You're the best.
 
So good to hear from you again Ellen!! Keep moving forward and you'll be home before you know it!! I'm sure you're ready for your own home and some real food!! Praying for you and hope things keep progressing forward!! You have made great progress so far!!
 
I hope to be bringing you good news soon

[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!
This sounds very promising, @shrinkette. Looking forward to getting the good word! Of course, you have your own band of cheerleaders. That's what we're all here for.
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!


Take care, we care.
 
@shrinkette So glad you are making progress each day, slow and steady wins the race when it comes to hips!! I am finding that out for sure today myself. Love seeing the old you returning!! Love you my friend!!:console2:
 
@shrinkette SO good to hear from you. I am having a lot of trouble with the forum lately (error messages and such and sometimes I can't get on) so if I go missing it doesn't mean you are not on my mind and in my prayers. I so hope you will be able to go home soon. Is your foot getting better. I miss you, dear friend!

Love,

Milli
 
Having some draining from incision today in area where drain was. Draining has been very minimal or nothing all this time. It's not blood, but brownish-red fluid. No pain at all... Don't even know my hip is there. Incision is otherwise completely closed & all have said it "looks good". Wound care folks don't think it's infected, but have taken a culture & are putting me on a wide-spectrum antibiotic just in case. Seeing surgeon tomorrow. Any ideas? Hematoma maybe?

Getting my walker here tomorrow... Passed "able to dress myself" test, & can practically taste home. Worried about this sudden draining, though. @Josephine, any thoughts?
 
Drain wounds do have a tendency to take time to close up sometimes but it's healing from the bottom up so deep inside you it should be sealed. It's just the last few inches that are oozing. As long as it's open, there will be leakage but usually it's only tissue fluid which is harmless. Just keep it covered with a sterile dressing and it will be fine.
 
Good luck to you on getting home soon. Glad you passed your test!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom