THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another milestone accomplished! So happy to hear that you are doing much better. It will be great to be home at last!
 
@shrinkette..Its so good to hear from you. I pray you are getting stronger every day...Good thing comes from those who wait....Be well my friend....keep working hard...you will get there:SUNsmile:
 
@shrinkette What did the doctor say when you saw him? I hope you got very good news and will be able to go on home soon. I've been feeling kind of down this week, a touch of a cold, I think. How is your foot coming along? And how is your hubby managing without you at home?

Love to you,

Milli
 
@Butterfly. To answer your question, surgeon saw no drainage whatsoever... Said sometimes an errant stitch can cause that, but couldn't find one or anything else. Took 2 x-rays which he pronounced perfect. Thinks he saw more flexion or something in my foot & says I'm doing fine. "Everyone recovers at their own rate." Foot is still quite numb... Doc insists nerve damage is temporary & will come back "in time". Leg still weak & needs more rehab to strengthen muscle that flexes knee (whatever that is). I am tentatively sheduled to escape on Thursday for home where I will have to continue PT for leg, will walk as much as I can with numb foot, for sake of hip, Intend to do lots of elevating & Icing to hopefully reduce this big-time swelling & edema in leg, & will try to start living more normally.

Hip pain appears gone. A good test will be when I get into the car for first time. Otherwise, I have forgotten my hip, all the pain I had on the opposite side, the discrepancy in heights, & everything else I complained about. If it weren't for the numbness, I'd be flying high & walking a lot better. -

So sorry you've been a bit down with a cold or otherwise, but you generally sound better if a little bit unsettled or confused or at odds & ends about what you want to be when you grow up now that you're sporting two new hips. I bet you'd make a wonderful volunteer somewhere, helping people! You've got a 'way' that comes across as caring & empathetic. Think a out it.

Love
Ellen
 
Lovely to hear from you @shrinkette ! Sounds like you have a good plan with that icing and elevating. Nerves do recover - but as your OS says, very sloooooooowly! I am sure you will be delighted to get back home!
 
Great to hear that you've got a tentative date!! That's awesome!! Keep up the great work! So happy to hear the hip pain is gone. Sounds like you're moving forward. What a journey you've been on. Continued good thoughts and prayers coming your way.
 
Having just joined this group, I am just catching up on your recovery. It sounds like a long recovery but everyone recovers differently. Hoping you will be home and the problems will be history soon!
Jenny
 
So glad Ellen @ shrinkette that you now have no pain in your hip.... Everything sounds much more promising and I'm hoping that once you are home you will just get better and better.... Do hope your hubby's problems are better now too so you can both get on with your lives.... Thinking if you....Chrissie xxx
 
you are sounding so much better @shrinkette. what was that about slow and steady?? glad the list of impediments to your recovery seem to be working themselves out. hopefully this foot thing will too. and home beckons. great.
 
Great to read that you are progressing Ellen, @shrinkette and that you have a date to go home. Slow and steady hon, but you will improve and this tough period will become a distant memory. Sending much love from down under x
 
Hope this weekend has been a good weekend for you Ellen. Praying this week goes well for,you and that you're able to get home in a few days!!! Take care and know you're making amazing progress!
 
@shrinkette Glad to hear all is going as well as it is. Hope you get that much wanted trip home soon.
 
@shrinkette I'm so glad you have a date to go home. I bet your kitty has really missed you and will take up residence in your lap. Good news from the doctor, no? Sounds great!

Thanks for your kind words and suggestion about volunteering somewhere. I've been looking into it, but haven't found anything that really suits me yet, but it is what I want to do. I'd really like to work with dogs.

Anyway, so glad you are on the upside, dear friend. Please keep me posted as to how you are doing.

Love,

Milli
 
Dear Bonesmart family: saw the doctor here at the rehab who is taking care of me, & he's good to go for discharge on Thursday. We discussed issues like home health care to include up to 60 sessions of in-home PT. I will have to get this big-time swelling down all over my leg & foot to aid in awakening my foot nerve regeneration. I expect to ice & elevate a great deal; just hope it works so far down the line. Any thoughts on this?

For those expressing an interest, hubby is doing fine and is more himself. Got a clean bill of health from two docs. He is very anxious for me go be home & to start ministering to me. I realize the need to not have him undertake too much, as caretaking grows old fast. He thinks he can do it all, but I think he's underestimating our needs. We'll soon find out.

For me, I crave a delicious warm shower, exfoliation, a clean shiny head of hair, nails that don't look like miniature snow plows, & other girlie goodies. And food. Something that doesn't feel as if it came from the food version of Big Lots!

Leg is a little stronger, can get in and out of bed, have built up some upper body strength, but foot is still numb. That's all for now.

Ellen
 
Hello Ellen, I have this morning sat and read your whole thread, and if I had a hat I would take it off to you! so instead I have bowed to you, lol. What an amazing lady you are. I am very sorry that you have had such a traumatic experience from your surgery, and reading your journey has made me feel so very lucky that mine has been so easy compared to yours. I hope you are soon home with your darling hubby and that from now on life will treat you well, bless you.
 
@shrinkette So glad that you have been OK'd to go home on Thursday!! :dancy: Hope your recovery continues along this course of improvements each day as you get stronger. And so glad your hubby is doing well. Please continue to keep up posted. Love you my friend!!:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom