Guest viewing is limited

THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@shrinkette Ellen, so very nice to hear from you! As others have said, you have no need to feel guilty about whether or not you post - it's your recovery. It is nice to have you in the conversation though - we all have a unique voice. I really hope your log leg resolves sooner rather than later. xoxoxo
 
@shrinkette , please don't feel guilty about not posting. This is time to focus totally on you! But thanks for checking in. Sounds like the news is good about your foot. That pins and needles is a very good sign.

And please don't be disappointed in your recovery. Believe me, not everyone here had a straight forward recovery. Mine was measured in years - not weeks. We all start this process with different issues. Some of us take a bit longer to resolve it all.

Take care Ellen!
 
Thanks for checking in but like Jaycey said, please don't feel guilty about not posting. You need to take care of yourself and do what is best for you.

Will continue lifting you up in prayer. While not where you'd like to be, you have definitely made progress since your surgery. Keep moving forward and you'll get there. You are an inspiration to so many people here!!
 
oKAY !!! @shrinkette . hi ellen. glad and relieved to hear from you. reading through your post I notice that you're not in much pain. well, that's great at least. I hope everything else falls into place soon. thinking of you. devorah
 
So good to hear from you. Please no, guilt, just know you are loved. Thrilled the pain s gone! Continue to pamper yourself. Sending big hugs! Xo
 
@shrinkette: It's great to hear from you. Your road obviously continues to be long and difficult, but it sounds like your progression is such that you're able to embrace some optimism like never before. I'm glad for that.

I note your assessment that you are not 'average' in the BS world of all the stories you read of quick recovery and happy dancing within the first 2 weeks after surgery. I think you're absolutely right. We all knew of the 'not as good' recoveries and the exceptions but we never think that we might be one of them.

I'm proud of you for sharing your experience. I can imagine it's difficult when surrounded by "average" people when you're one that has more troubles than most. Thank you for that bravery.

Now I wonder if we, at 6 months, will be similar in our position as far as recovery goes. I guess we will have to see, eh?

If you don't feel like posting, I get it. Don't. But if you do, I will be here reading your posts and wishing you well. I know many others will too.

Have some 'quiche' and relax today. You deserve it. ;)
 
OK, OK I don't feel guilty about not posting! You've all been very kind and tolerant. I believe I have come to terms with the fact that I ran into some snags that have detoured a seamless recovery. It is what it is and is most definitely a big pain in the a$$! Nothing I can do about it but follow doctor's orders, keep being tortured in rehab (no, they don't do anything bad to me -- I just HATE IT!), suffer the food & boredom, & just look forward to escaping in a more functional condition than when I went in.

I'm basically counting the days now. They say maybe the week after next for discharge, so I'm working toward that. @DrToonz, your comments were duly noted & appreciated -- especially the part about where we will ultimately find ourselves in 6 months. Therein lies the mystery.

Did I mention that the food here is all pretty much salt-free & TASTE-free??!! Apparently they never heard of seasoning. Other than some soups, we're talking bland, ulcer food. Ugh! BLECH! Phooey! Someone brought a forbidden salt-shaker to the table, & we thought for a moment it would actually be confiscated as contraband!! Oh well, just venting. Escaping soon, I hope.
 
...snags that have detoured a seamless recovery...
I'll say! Well said.
just look forward to escaping in a more functional condition
Agreed. Glad you have a 'look forward' attitude. As you said, it's all you can do.
Therein lies the mystery
Yup. Time will tell.
we thought for a moment it would actually be confiscated as contraband!!
...AND your sense of humor is intact. Good. Not numb like the foot. That would suck.
 
@shrinkette...OMG I hear the old Ellen back..............!!! You may feel a little down But I can hear it in your last post you are getting stronger....Oh tell them you want to order out,,,lollllllll and get the salt shaker.....Keep working hard..you will get there...peace and get well...xo
 
well if the food is bad - you have a LOT of good to look forward to! Hoping to hear more progress soon - you'll get there Ellen!
 
So good to hear from you! I can totally relate to "hating" PT. It is boring and tedious and time consuming, BUT necessary to get you home! (Dorothy). So click your heels together three times and while exercising imagine yourself at home finally being able to glide about your kitchen and cook a gourmet meal. Although my PT was a very nice and knowledgable guy, I was so ready to be done with him. Unfortunately I will be spending time with him again soon. It is sad that you have to deal with unhelpful and arrogant aids in rehab. Tiny feeble minds will stay that way and there is nothing you can do to change them. So focus on yourself and what you can do. Healing is a full time job and in your case, overtime required! Wishing you the best and sweet success. Take pride in every step forward.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!
and we all know very well that you are NOT a quitter! Hang in there, @shrinkette, there's no place to go but UP, and you'll get there before too long!

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!
 
Ellen, has there ever been a hospital or rehab center that was known for fabulous cuisine, LOL? If the food was good and we didn't get bored, we really wouldn't have the urge to go home as quickly as possible. So this could be a good thing. So glad you are improving each day and can't wait to hear you say, going home!!! Love you my friend!!
 
@shrinkette.....great to read your post and glad to see your humour is returning! I guess all you can do is follow your doctors orders and continue with the PT......The food sounds ghastly and I hope you manage to hold onto the salt cellar. In a few months time Ellen all this will seem like a bad dream. Thinking of you and hope you 'escape' soon. Love Chrissie xx
 
Greetings. Reporting in with some small victories which get me closer to escape. Walked an additional lap around the so-called gym (where PT is done); have been informed I will be awarded my very own walker for use in my room, giving me more independence; my leg is getting stronger... slowly but surely. They think that my almost total lack of activity in the months prior to surgery may have resulted in some atrophy, & so muscles, etc that have not been used need to be awakened & strengthened. I can finally get out of bed myself, albeit awkwardly, & we're working on getting INTO bed. Have been working on upper body strength to aid in this process. They seem anxious to get me out & are talking vaguely about the week after next

I don't know how I'll be when I get home... Will have to play that by ear. I know I'll have PT coming in 3x/week for up to 60 days if doctor orders it. May need a little help with personal care because of numb foot, but maybe not. Hubby already put rails at the top of my bed in case I need them. Hope to need LESS rather than more... We'll see. Obviously this is taking a long time... Just hoping for a happy ending.

Wishing you all a great weekend!
 
Shrinkette,
Glad to hear you're progressing! You will get there I can tell you're a fighter. Keep smiling :-)
 
Good morning Shrinkette - I am recovering from tkr but have been reading about your journey. I have been cheering for you and looking forward to your updates. I think you are exceptionally brave and your strength is helping you get thru this recovery. Your honesty has to be very helpful for many awaiting surgery. I just wanted to say hello and I pray for your continued success. JoAnne
 
Ellen, so glad for your small victories. Definitely sounds like you're doing well!! Keep up the good work! Getting out of bed on your own is a great milestone! You'll be getting into bed on your own too before you know it!! Keep up the great work!! And have a great weekend!! Continued good thoughts and prayers heading your way!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom