TKR Sewhat's 2nd Recovery thread LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I'm getting such good ROM on this knee. The other knee wasn't like this. I sat and rocked back and forth on the bike forever before I could make a rotation. It's funny because the PT doesn't know what to do with me.
 
@Carole The Game Ready is nice. It goes around your leg from top to ankle. Then it inflates like a blood pressure cuff, only not until it hurts. It is full of cold gel and feels so good. The compression gets tighter and then looser to knead your muscles.
 
Wow! I was wondering what the Game Ready was...sounds lovely! Enjoy it while you can!
Each knee is different so be thankful and enjoy the progress you are making! So awesome!!
 
How nice that this knee is being so cooperative with the ROM. It sounds like you have more than enough going on with other things. I hope the speech therapist can figure things out.
 
I slept pretty well last night. We both went to bed early. Hubby seems to be feeling better now that he's on antibiotics.
My thigh still hurts this morning, but it feels good to stretch it. Does anyone else get tinnitus from hydrocodone? I remember having it with my other knee. It got worse when I stopped taking it and eventually went away. It sounds like a tiny chainsaw in my ear.
 
I’ve had tinnitus for years and certain medications increase it. Gabapentin, for example, took it to an unacceptable level for me.
 
Now, you can really understand it when we say each knee is different, even on the same person!

I didn't notice any increase with my meds. When I tired mine is much worse.
 
So glad that you went to bed early and got a good night's sleep! Sleep is so helpful when healing. And, I am very glad to read that your Hubby is feeling better now.

As for your thigh hurting, well, mine does too sometimes and it seems like I get various leg cramps but they go away when I take hydrocodone (if not before).

I don't get tinnitus I guess, thank goodness; that sounds so annoying and I hope it goes away soon. I sometimes hear strange "house noises" in this house that I can't explain, more than I have heard in other houses that I have lived in. But when my sweetie is over here and I ask him, he knows what causes each of them.

Any luck in regaining your speech? I hope you can speak well enough to communicate with your caregivers about what you need and want.

I am so happy for you about the terrific ROM!!! That is going to help you so much as you heal and continue regaining more and more of your normal life and activities. :yes!: You are doing wonderfully, especially considering that it is only 9 days after your surgery!
:flwrysmile::wowspring::SUNsmile:
 
Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to mention that at the last PT session in the hospital, we all got t shirts. I got a navy one and the rest got white. The navy means more than one joint. It says Joint Replacement Center at Labette Health on the front. On the back it says We're with you every step of the way. I wore my white one out. So I can say, been there, done that, got the t shirt. :rotfl:
 
I looked at your picture...it does still look quite angry, but good for 9 days out! Keep elevating and icing as much as you can safely do!! You are doing awesome in your recovery!
 
That's a lot of bruising, I agree! And I also agree with LindaO that icing and elevating, and time, will heal up all that bruising. And yes, your recovery has been spectacular! :yes:

I didn't get a t-shirt, oh fooey.... :rofsign:
 
Another long night of thunderstorms. Sigh I'm glad I can nap this afternoon. I have PT this morning. I keep dozing off while I'm sitting here.
 
PT was hard today. I think he wanted to make up for Monday being a holiday and not seeing me until Wednesday. My thighs really hurt now. The pain pill didn't line up right with PT today. They are going to run out on Sunday anyway. I don't see the OS until Wednesday. Why do they do that? I want to get off them anyway and get rid of this tinnitus. It's driving me nuts. So I took 2 Tylenol Arthritis instead of the noon pill. It hasn't been too bad.
 
Hubby dozed off in his recliner this afternoon, so I sneaked upstairs. I wanted my wedding ring, my earrings and my shaver. While up there I put away clothes that he's been taking up and leaving in the basket. Now I have laundry baskets again. Well...he caught me. What are you doing up here? lol
I was able to pedal all the way around on my recumbent bike today. I guess I'll work on that while I have time off.
 
Why is it that I yawn in my recliner, but when I get in bed I'm wide awake?
I didn't fall asleep until 2 o'clock.
Saturday morning, time to package my pills for next week.
My knee is so stiff. It doesn't want to bend at all. I did some stretching and it felt good, so i did some exercises in the joint camp manual. I'll ice next. Maybe I'll take a nap.
 
Why is it that I yawn in my recliner, but when I get in bed I'm wide awake?
Maybe you should sleep in your recliner for a while? If you can sleep better there, then maybe that would be good for you.
 
@Carole4815
Maybe I'll try that.

I've been taking Arthritis Strength Tylenol today instead of hydrocodone. Maybe that will get rid of the tinnitus. I've felt more zingers today, but aside from that , it's not bad.

My bruises are on my calf now and a spot on my hip. Whatever did they do to me? I don't want to know.
 
@sewhat , well, I guess what they did to you was pretty good, because look how well you are recovering! :) Maybe you just bruise easily? I am pretty clueless about bruise prevention. But I am sure your bruises will go away soon. I have an ugly black bruise on my arm that looks like dirt but it won't wash off. I wish it would go away soon too. It happened during surgery so maybe it was from the IV or something.

Great idea to switch to Tylenol Arthritis. I might mention trying a lesser pain killer to my surgeon when I see him on Wednesday, and see what ideas he has too.
 
Last edited:
Why is it that I yawn in my recliner, but when I get in bed I'm wide awake?
This makes me crazy. Or, I'll be laying there awake, but when I sit up to have the morning cuddle with my cat, I'll doze off while petting her. But laying back down doesn't put me to sleep. So infuriating.

Unfortunately not sleeping for no apparent reason is normal and expected for surgery recovery. Infuriating, but normal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom