Carole4815
graduate
I am glad you are getting plenty of sleep, @sewhat ! It's good for us and I think plenty of sleep helps us to heal. I have been sleeping a lot lately because I have been taking more pain pills than I did at first. Thanks for mentioning pills because I forgot to take my pills (other than pain pills) until I read your post, and I need to arrange my pill packets too. Good for you to be remembering your pills; especially that Parkinson's medication, which sounds pretty important.
For me, the knee bend seems to depend a lot on how much swelling is going on and on how much time has passed since the surgery.
I think most people have bruising, although in my case I don't see much. Just one, maybe one inch by two inches, located about six inches to the left of the incision and it is faint and mostly gone; just looks like a little dirt that I need to wash off, but it doesn't wash off.
For me, the knee bend seems to depend a lot on how much swelling is going on and on how much time has passed since the surgery.
I think most people have bruising, although in my case I don't see much. Just one, maybe one inch by two inches, located about six inches to the left of the incision and it is faint and mostly gone; just looks like a little dirt that I need to wash off, but it doesn't wash off.
United States
As for the surgery being easier, did your surgeon mention giving your knee a big pain shot during the surgery? Mine did, and said it would wear off in a few days. So if yours did, then maybe that is the difference. Or.... it could just be an easier surgery to recover from, like you said.
Either way, that's so nice to hear!
I am sincerely so glad you are not going through any extreme suffering.