Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sewhat's 2nd Recovery thread LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
She had a fun art project today making a house out of a paper bag.
That sounds like fun!

My grandson is in kindergarten and he does not like the crafts. He’s not a craft kid anyway, though his older sister adores crafts! He would rather be outside running around.
 
I got a haircut today. I'm kind of regretting cutting it just before my sugery. It won't curl like it used to do before I grew it out. Oh well, it will be cooler on the cruise.

I think Hubby picked up something at the doctor yesterday. His voice is deeper and he says his throat is starting to hurt. Our roles are changing, he's the patient and I'm the caretaker.

Tomorrow I have PT at 8:45. What possessed him to make it at that time? He better not be late.
 
Tomorrow I have PT at 8:45. What possessed him to make it at that time? He better not be late.
Next time he suggests such an early appointment, tell him it won't suit you. It's ridiculously early for someone with such a new knee and you're the boss, not him.
 
I had PT this morning. He started out in the usual way, then asked me if I had pain and where. He touched different places on my leg and I told him if it hurt. Then he gave me a choice of regular session or try to work on the pain. I chose to work on the pain. He used something that he said was a cross between acupuncture and a tens unit. He used it all around my incision, then my legs, back and feet. It wasn't too uncomfortable. I was glad I had shaved my legs. The bruised feeling in my hip is gone now. Maybe I'll sleep better.

My son and daughter in law are coming tomorrow from Alaska. They are on their way to the airport in Anchorage right now. They keep a motorhome parked in our yard to use when they go on vacation.
 
Hubby and I went to the airport to pick up our son and daughter in law. Then we went to eat at Cracker Barrel. Hubby likes the chicken and dumplings there. My son and I were talking hearing aids. I got new ones a few months ago that I can link to my iphone and he was showing me what he does with his.

We came home and the unwrapping of the motorhome began. My granddaughter, 17, got stung by a little green caterpillar. We looked it up and it's a Spiny Oak Slug Moth caterpillar. She took some Benedryl and now she's asleep. The rest of them went out to eat. I don't know how my son is staying awake. They've been traveling since 10:00 yesterday morning. I'm about ready to crash myself.

My knee hurts a little tonight. I think it's from sitting in the back seat coming home. I couldn't stretch it out.
 
Then we went to eat at Cracker Barrel. Hubby likes the chicken and dumplings there.
That’s my favorite dinner at Cracker Barrel, also!
 
Haven't been to Cracker Barrel lately, but I still remember the grilled trout that I had there on vacation about ten years ago! It's worth trying too, if you like fish.

@sewhat , sorry to read that your knee was hurting a bit last night. Hope it is feeling better by now. I haven't had to ride in a back seat since TKR but have no trouble riding in the front seat so maybe that would work out better next time.
 
Our son left last night. They are headed toward Tennessee, I think. They explore different areas of the country each time they come down. Daughter in law grew up in Alaska so she is seeing our country bit by bit for the first time.

Sunday School and Church, and Taco Bell today- no problemo. I spent this afternoon in the schoolroom working on next week's lessons.

About the only real impact my knee is having on me right now is when my grandkids climb up in my lap. I get zingers now and then, and I ice off and on, but I can pretty much do whatever I want. I have noticed that walking on grass or uneven ground I have to pay attention, but that could be my Parkinson's Disease.
 
I had trouble on uneven surfaces, too. I fact I still do.
 
Tomorrow I have PT in the morning and OS appointment in the afternoon. I guess there will be no school. Oh well, public schools had a teacher work day on Monday and we had school. Hubby's hip is still hurting him, so hoping to get doctor to look at his x rays and see if he should keep his appointment later this month.
 
At PT this morning we worked on building a home exercise routine. He showed me alternate exercises using equipment I have at home. He couldn't replicate the half ball one. Oh tsk. He had me stand with my feet together and close my eyes. I really struggled to keep my balance.

I saw my OS this afternoon. He looked at my x rays and said they look good, as does my scar. I saw someone there that was in my PT class at the hospital. She's doing great too. Hubby asked him to look at his x rays. He recommended PT as did Hubby's doctor. So I guess I'll finish up and he will start.
 
Today was my last PT appointment. When it came time to measure my ROM was 125/0. One degree more than at the hospital when I was discharged. My calf and thigh have muscle now and it's muscle to muscle. I can't pull it any tighter even with my hands. I'm going to try to keep up the exercises he gave me in the printout, and I'll probably be seeing him again as my Parkinson's Disease progresses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom