Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

It sounds like it has a good effect but so does a colonic and I’m not about to do that either. Braver souls than me.
 
not sure where the 24 hrs came from
It came from the fact that most joint replacements nowadays are discharged after one night in hospital. So once you get home you can resume your treatment!
 
lol....I can handle waiting until I am home...I would not expect to use my neti pot at the hospital! (nor would I bring it)
 
I don't think I could use the neti pot in the shower. Although I could try standing up, might be weird...
 
I realize only my OS can tell me when, but typically how long was it between surgery, and chiropractic/massage?
 
Ordinarily, I use my total gym, and lift weights. I know I won't be able to do either for a while, :boohoo: but would I be able to use my body blade after my surgery?


[Bonesmart.org] Sequin98's Pre-op Journey



Great resistance!
 
Hi @sequin98 ......I've not come across a Bodyblade but if it involves swinging it around you'd have to be careful not only to avoid exceeding hip restrictions but also ballistic movements could catch you off balance :bawl: I'd check it out with either your p/t or surgeon first....better safe than sorry :yes:
 
No big deal to bend that far for a Neti pot or to brush your teeth. If you have any concern just stick your surgery side leg out backwards. Your knees will still work so you can squat a little too.
 
I'd say you could do everything if you are in the sitting upright position.
 
but would I be able to use my body blade after my surgery?
From what I read about this I would say no - not until your surgeon releases you to do gym type exercise.
 
I had a massage about a week out, but the massage therapist is also a physical therapist (and friend). I'm not sure I would have felt comfortable with anyone not similarly trained for awhile.
 
Ok, my class is today. I am going with my mom, who is able to come over each day, if I need it. Yesterday she said : " I hope they keep you in the hospital for a while, so you can recover." I tried explaining that I don't want to be in the hospital for long after...... I will report back with any crazy Canadian doctor things. The thing I did learn on my pre ad mission appt- I can take tylenol, and tramadol the day of if I need. And I can take tumeric up to four days before...
 
Let us know how things go. Getting real now.
You are close to having that bad hip pain gone gone gone.
 
Getting close now! You're just a couple days ahead of me.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom