Guest viewing is limited

Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

Hospital tried to give me walker but I wanted crutches because it’s what I had last time and I’d been using them pre-op. I knew how to get up/down stairs with crutches too.
 
@anny I'm so pleased you say your pain has gone into hibernation. Mine does that for days on end too! I'm seeing the OS tomorrow, and after that I think I'll be on the last leg (no pun intended) of the journey towards hip replacement, and I keep wondering if I can postpone it indefinitely!
 
@sequin98 - if you’re not comfortable on crutches, go with something else. I think it’s most important that you feel stable.
 
I thought we had to ' mind' the non op leg too?
Do you know for a fact that you will have restrictions? If so, they only apply to your op leg.

You need to clarify with your surgeon if you will be on restrictions before we can advise you about them.
 
I know I am asking a lot of questions...thank you for your patience!
 
Hospital had a walker for me to use and I borrowed one from a friend for my home use. The walker is the way to go especially in the hospital. I drank a lot of water after surgery and had an IV also. Going to the bathroom is much easier with a walker. All I used at home was the walker, very stable and easy to get out of bed and go with. By the 2 week time I just used a cane and or a walking stick.
 
When I saw my OS back in July, all I knew at the time is that he does not do anterior. I read that he does superpath, and now that he has my latest Xray, I am hoping he will tell me something good on the day I see him prior to surgery
 
Next week!!
I have been waiting so long, and is only down to a week. At last.....I have a few things to do around the house, but I think I'm good to go!
 
:yes!:
Come on new hip!
Hope your day is a Good Day :) :-) (:
 
I shall look out for your 'going in' post @sequin98 .....then I'll know I've only got 3 more days! Hope all goes well, and you finish those last-minute things in good time. I'm still slightly in panic mode rounding up some bits and pieces I thought I'd do without, but now I'm nearly there I've decided on the 'just in case' scenario :umm: I'm going to emigrate to the States for my next hip....I'm jealous of your options for getting equipment :heehee:
 
No offence to the states, but I would go to Canada from New Zealand...lol
 
3 more times to wake up with the pain of bones crunching.....the sit to stand is the worst! I actually look forward to shoveling the snow, and cutting the grass.
 
Tick tock. The last couple days seemed to pass very quickly. Sounds like you’re ready. :)
 
Sequin is getting a new hip on my mother's birthday.
Super good luck!:curtsey:
And I'll always remember your hipversary...
It's going to go well and we will be waiting for you on the healing side.
Wishing you a good weekend.:SUNsmile:
 
Thank you!! I am counting down sleeps, like a kid at Christmas.....3 more sleeps!!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom