Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

Couldn't say, Anny. But I had the same thing. Never could sit cross legged and suffered torment when teachers would tell the class to stand up without putting hands on the floor! Something I could never ever accomplish and mostly because I wasn't sitting properly cross legged in the first place!

It was the same when I learned to ride a horse. My abductors were and still are, so very tight, I was almost unable to mount the horse but when I finally did, I was clasped on to the animal as tightly as a bulldog clip! Thus dismounting was almost as difficult!
 
Thankful you still have good flexibility and your hip issues haven't kept you from doing some of the things many of us found impossible to manage.
I think the fact that I am hyper-mobile, or 'double jointed' has helped with this OA.
 
thanks Josephine....you've just awakened memories of not only horse riding (same!) but also when we came over to NZ we had a stopover in Singapore......went to the zoo and had an elephant ride :bawl:not only did I have difficulty getting astride the poor animal, but I kept being told by its driver to let my legs drop down the sides.....couldn't do it to save my life :blush: it was the longest 10 mins ever :heehee:
 
Hello, will it be a big deal after op to brush teeth and use a Netipot (longer time bent over)

[Bonesmart.org] Sequin98's Pre-op Journey
 
90º is the general rule for posterior approach, but confirm with your surgeon for his/her restrictions.

My sinks don't require me to bend that far to just rinse/spit. Are you a bend over the sink brusher? If so, might need to adjust. Same for Neti pot - don't use them, but if you need to bend that low, it could be an issue.

Loading the dishwasher was an issue though. Once you are more steady on your feet, one thing to learn is the Golfers Bend, sticking out the operated leg so the hip doesn't pass the 90º angle. Best to have something to steady yourself on (countertop, etc) while doing this.
 
Please pardon my ignorance,

I was wondering how they remove staples?
 
lol @sequin98 you're 3 days ahead of me, so I'll look to you for the definitive answer! Have to say I'd not really thought about it, but now you've got me wondering.....something like the staple removers you use on paper? Makes me go ouch tho :thud:
 
Yikes!
I am not sure he is using staples, what else could he use??
I like the tip, should a friend remove them or something..

Tip
  • Use examination gloves when removing staples. Be sure to dispose of the staples safely. Clean the wound after all staples are removed. Apply bandage or dressing if indicated after removal.
@anny The pressure...lol
 
I am not sure he is using staples, what else could he use??
Some surgeons are now using internal stitches and then surgical glue. No staples to remove and much more comfortable during recovery.
should a friend remove them or something..
No - you will need to make an appointment with your family doctor or a nurse to have these removed.
 
I had what Jaycey described...thank goodness.
No DIY staple removal!
 
When I had Q&A with surgeon he told me he no longer uses staples but glue. I had staples with first replacement. When removing there was a tiny pinch here and there but really not painful.
 
Are you telling me you can't do without using a Netipot for 24hrs? Apart from the fact that you'll probably be too zonked/woozy to even bother about teeth cleaning?

I use a Netipot but only every once in a while!
 
Wow. Josephine has been involved with so many innovations in orthopedic surgery.
Never ceases to amaze me.:wowspring:
 
Tip
  • Use examination gloves when removing staples. Be sure to dispose of the staples safely. Clean the wound after all staples are removed. Apply bandage or dressing if indicated after removal.
    It still makes me squeamish! :yikes:
 
Worry not - if you do have staples removal is really a non-event. They start to itch and pull after about 10 days anyway. You will be glad to get rid of them!
 
I have 52 staples, tomorrow I see the doctor. Its been 2 weeks, so he will want to remove them....and Im scared/wont lie :(

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom