Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

I was wondering about footwear to and from the hospital. There is A LOT of snow on the ground, and it likely will not be gone in a few days. So I need to wear my winter boots (with spikes) to the hospital, but then after??
 
If you have any restrictions you may have a problem getting your boots on post op. Will you have help after your surgery - someone to drive you home?
 
If you’ve got someone to help get them on/off and don’t break restrictions (if you have them) to get them on, you’ll be ok. I have slip on shoes that have deep treads and they worked fine. I also have hiking shoes with treads and can get them on using a long shoe horn.
 
I do have my mom to drop me off/pick me up. I could leave the boots in her car, and have her help me put them on.
 
Just bagged all my trow rugs. Cats leave litter everywhere....tackle the toilet seat next....
 
Hi @sequin98 - I'm almost 4 weeks post op (2/20) and am trying to get outside of my self-centered self and encourage others who are approaching their THRs. As I've read your journey, I cannot believe the wait you have had. I simply cannot imagine. Of course, you are much younger than me - and likely more resilient but mercy, Girl... what a rock star you are. I had daily pain for about 5.5 mo. and only had to wait 2.5 mo. to be scheduled. I didn't get to read all of your posts - are you schedule outpatient or will you stay overnight? (I was only gone from home 8 hours total). My DH was not allowed to leave the Surgery Center while I was there. (One of the suggestions I've read here that I wish I'd read before was to take a trash bag along to help 'slide across the back seat' when going home.

Anyway - I will be praying for your surgery and recovery and look forward to seeing you on the 'other side'. God bless you!
 
Ack!!!
I need a plan B! I am hoping that Home Depot will sell a bolt long enough to fit this Drive riser on my toto toilet!!
 
@NanaMama ,
I am hoping to be home on day 2. I sooo do not want to spend extra time in the hospital.
Thank you for your kind words!!
 
Sending good mojo your way, Sequin.
It's going to be OK.:angel:
 
I got the commode that just stands over the toilet with its own legs...no need to bolt anything.
 
Happy Monday @sequin98
One more sleep!
Hope you're all ready, set, go...
Prayers for your comfort and peace of mind.
See you on the other side!
 
If my brother can't find the nut, I will have to get whatever plan B is available.
Kinda irks me...I was sooo prepared!
 
My time tomorrow is 1:20 PM.
I hope that the later time means the surgeon anticipates mine is easier...I am trying to think he is not in the afternoon slump.
 
Yes, the easier (straight forward) surgeries can be scheduled later in the day. You got this @sequin98 !
 
Back
Top Bottom