Guest viewing is limited

Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

Good to know that staples aren’t an issue, I’m allergic to surgical glue unfortunately.
 
I use a netipot but don’t usually bend so low. You can accomplish the same thing standing up a little bit straighter, might splash a bit, but not too bad. Also, you can try standing up straighter, tilting your head, and hold a small basin instead of using the sink.
 
I had staples in my stomach after a surgery. I promise it didn’t hurt one bit getting them out. I was worried too.
 
Are you telling me you can't do without using a Netipot for 24hrs? Apart from the fact that you'll probably be too zonked/woozy to even bother about teeth cleaning?

not sure where the 24 hrs came from....I am a regular user , as I am seriously prone to ear infections, and this helps...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@sequin98 your concern was the 90 degree rule in regards to the neti pot, right? I use mine often and it sure has helped me with sinus issues. I don't bend 90 degrees, so I'm assuming I'll be OK post op.
 
How often is 'regular use' with a netipot @sequin98? You're only going to be restricted to 90 degrees for a relatively short time period, after about 6 weeks you'll be free to increase your range.
As far as bending over, your only concern is really keeping that one hip angle greater than 90 degrees... I used the 'golf reach' all the time during the six week healing timeframe to bend using my left leg while keeping my right (operated side) leg extended behind me more.
 
Hi!
Oh, oh, someone's going to get a cold now :heehee:
It seems like that happens as soon as one says they haven't had a cold or flu, doesn't it? Hopefully not!

I use a Neti Pot at first signs of a cold, seems to help. I don't think I bend over that far but my sinks are a bit higher too. I think you can use the NP without bending as far as you're accustomed to, unless you're really tall and your sink exceptionally low. You may just make a bit of a splashing mess you can easily clean up.

Brushing teeth, same. If you're concerned about bending.... consider hauling your toothbrush & toothpaste in and out of the shower with you until you're comfortable bending over your sink.

Unless you were already advised you'll need to adhere to the 90 degree restriction, you may not have to. I didn't have any restrictions. I was cautioned to move slowly and carefully and if something hurt, STOP.

A great evening to you! @sequin98
 
In the last week, I have been starting my day with pain in the left hip, closer to buttocks vs the groin. Different than the pain I feel in my right side. I am getting a new right hip March 20, I am sooo hoping that this new pain will simmer, once I get a new hip. I need one good hip for a while...
 
Bad gait and compensation for bad hip can certainly make all sorts of things hurt.
Won't be much longer @sequin98 .
Maybe try some ice or even heat on it?
Pre-op, heat was my soother!
 
Heat worked for me also in the final weeks. Especially in bed at night before falling asleep.
Man....I don't miss those days! Relief is coming @sequin98 I'm excited for you.....no more pain!
 
Neti pot. :what: How did I miss that in 54 years of my life?
You stick a teapot up your nose?:scratch:
I'm amazed!
 
My pain was AWFUL pre surgery. . MY WHOLE BODY HURT! All of the Overcompensating, relying on other body parts, limping.
The inflammation was pushing my WHOLE body to the brink. My carpal tunnel was exponantially worse. Seemed to get even worse as soon as I gave in and accepted that surgery was the answer. Like my body wanted me to MAKE SURE I didn't back out again.

SOOOOOOON @sequin98 SOOOOON! Just hang in there!!!
 
@Mojo333 and @Cas it’s simply a saline rinse that goes in one nostril and comes out the other. The saline can either be isotonic or hypertonic (meaning either matching the natural salt content of the body or saltier). It’s a habit that’s well documented and highly recommended by ENT’s and primary care docs for people who have trouble with their sinuses. This practice has drastically cut down on the number of sinus infections that I used to get. It doesn’t have to be done with a netipot, I use a bottle designed for this called NeilMed, you can either make up your own solution or buy prepackaged mixes.
 
Using a sinus rinse is amazing. I've had sinus issues for years and the NeilMed products have helped immensely. I truly believe it has kept colds from lasting longer. I haven't tried using it daily, but I think I will and see if it keeps me from catching the latest virus around!!
 
sounds good. I have sinus probs so may have a go! You learn something new every day. @AJinNH . Thanks for the info
 
The feeling after is amazing. No colds for this girl! Before DR. Oz, nobody knew what it was. I asked a pharmacist for one, and he looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my head. Now they are everywhere.
 
Back
Top Bottom